“Tiny room, great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde

You added Hotel Concorde to your Saves list
Hotel Concorde
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karlstrasse 9, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Berlin, Germany
“Tiny room, great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband got me a room at this centrally located hotel during a really awful train experience (it took about 9 hours to get from Berlin to Frankfurt - I'm always pro train within Germany, but this time the German railways were really not at their best). This was during the Frankfurt Book Fair and the city was obviously pretty full - I had planned to visit a friend, but did not want to bother her very late in the evening. Luckily there was a free room at the Hotel Concorde. But the price was outrageous - 195 euros for one night, and this without breakfast!

The single room was tiny, even for a person my size (very average). It was clean and reasonably quiet, considering the location. Which really is a bit dodgy, I must add. But it was very close to the railway station and well within walking distance from the Messe.

I might want to stay here again, but not for the last-minute price!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

A small boutique hotel with great service . The people in the front desk, especially Erika, make this hotel special. I was only booked for 1 night, but decided to come back and stay for 2 more nights. And Erika made sure that I got the best rate for my return stay. The hotel location is very close to the main train station and opposite the hotel there's Rewe Supermarket, where you can buy snacks and drinks. Wifi in my room is excellent speed and it is Free. For the location, service and facilities, I think the room rate is very reasonable, therefore I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Frankfurt for business or leisure.

Bellevue, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a good value hotel, very clean, modern, close to a lot of things. It is right in front of the karlstr station. The hotel room was very very small! I was quite surprised, when I entered to find a single small bed in the room! The staff was extremely friendly, helped me find places to visit and spoke english! The mini bar was reasonable, which was surprising.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Our first impression as we stepped into this hotel was how clean and modern it was. Secondly, the staff are ridiculously accomodating! They could not be more helpful! I want to take the staff home with us!
They are multilingual, helped with our luggage and even let us check in early
We had a triple room and we had plenty of space. Shower is tiny and pillows are a little soft for me but they are my only complaints!
Even though it is in what some may call the "dodgy" part of town, it is central to everything and far enough away from the main red light streets to feel safe.

• Stayed September 2012
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here one night before flying out. It was very good. The best part was how friendly the receptionist was when we arrived. Came out to meet us and help us up the stairs. The triple was very big and easily fit two adults three kids. I recommend if using for the access to trains/airport. The area isn't great. Thai restaurant across the street was very good.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

As many travelers have mentioned the room was really tiny (approx 9 sq meters/98 sq ft) - some people may have a bathroom/closet bigger than that.
However, the hotel is very conveniently located near train station (2 mins walk/exit at Karlstr) which is only about 15mins train ride from FRA airport, the room rate is reasonable and it has all necessities incluging Free Wi-Fi - very important for me.
Lobby/room is very clean and super modern (except for "Non-flat" screen TV), Bathroom (shower only) came with amenities you'd expect; Euro style electric pot is perfect for making some tea; fully-stocked mini-bar (I didn't use any but nice to have); a piece of chocolate by the pillow (sweet dreams); it had "mood" lighting with white/blue/orange setting - interesting. Single bed was also very small of course, and the mattress sleeping quality could be better...
Front desk clerks were polite and efficient as well.

May not be the one for you if you easily get claustrophobic or are larger than normal but I would stay at Concorde again if I go back to Frankfurt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

A small friendly hotel in a very convenient situation opposite the station (reached by an underpass with a shopping mall) just 20 minutes from the airport. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The wonderful choice at breakfast was good value for money. I didn't use the mood lighting, but the small single room was very comfortable, clean and well provided with amenities - particularly the kettle! There was some noise one night, but my room was overlooking the road. Any concerns after reading some other reports were unfounded. An excellent base for my 4-day city break.

Room Tip: I think the rooms at the back would be quieter.