“Sub-standard hotel with semi-dirty rooms” 2 of 5 stars

You added Novum Business Hotel Imperial Frankfurt Messe to your Saves list
Novum Business Hotel Imperial Frankfurt Messe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sophienstrasse 40, 60487 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #138 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
“Sub-standard hotel with semi-dirty rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 28 May to 31 May as a stopover to catch my plane back to KLIA and Perth. The room was dark and gloomy when I checked in at 8pm at night. The bathroom sink was semi-blocked and so also the bath, so I didn't have a shower for 2 days. I tried to change my room on 29 May but the Nepalese girl told me that no rooms available and all the rooms are the same. So early on 30 May at 10.30am again I went to ask for a room change to the renovated rooms on 7th floor.
Again this girl from Nepal said no room. So I asked to speak to her boss, and she pretended to go in to ask her boss and again came out saying not possible. So I ask her to ask her boss to come out since he is in the room just 5 feet behind the front desk. He came out and I told him how he can easily change my room without any issues or problems. Reluctantly he has no choice but to change my room to the 7th floor for me! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone (except back-packers) and I won't stay in this hotel again because I know of much better hotels in Frankfurt than this gloomy dark hotel with sub-standard bedrooms!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights over Easter. Overall, I was very, very happy with my stay at this hotel. The room was huge for a Frankfurt hotel and spotlessly clean. However, the bathroom really does let this hotel down - although very clean it was a little shabby (peeling paint on the tiles). Don't let this put you off though... The staff all spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful when I had a question. I did not eat breakfast so can't comment on the food. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good things first: the service is really nice, the people try really hard.
But it is hard to bring anything to the table if the hotel is so bad.
The rooms are quite spacious, but the bathroom is a wreck. The breakfast looks poor (so we didn't have any there), the bar is just a vending machine and the gym is a treadmill.
Tiny beds are not adding to the sleep quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had booked this hotel simply so that I could stay overnight in Frankfurt to catch an early bus, it was cheap and close enough to the underground station, making it easy to get to the bus or train station. However when we got to this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. It was immaculate, very comfortable and quiet. The staff were charming, very helpful and spoke perfect English. The area surrounding the hotel felt safe enough for two women to walk to the underground at 5am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
roma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been there for 4 nights. The hotel is a normal 3 stars with normal rooms. The breakfast, 7,5 euro, is very poor and waiters do not speak english. I took only one time the breakfast in the hotel, after I realized it was better to take it in some cafe outside.
The gym is poor. a single room 4x4m, 2 equipment. The sauna is not for free (9,5 euro).
The worst thing was the unfair behavior of the owner. I booked through booking.com but I can't reach Fankfurt for the first day due a snow storm (the closed the Frankfurt airport). I warned the hotel on time but they refuse to change my booking (I asked only to postone it of one day) because the said I had to pass through booking.com. I did it but booking.com said that the hotel refused to postpone the booking even if it was free of charge because it was too late, now. That was very unfair. I'll never come back to that hotel.

Room Tip: change hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

we go to frankfurt regular for the football we usually stay at the hotel west but it was booked up on this trip so we were booked into this hotel there were just short of 30 of us and everyone said they enjoyed there stay here so we have no problem booking again the rooms were fine nice and warm on a freezing cold weekend and clean the bar could have been open but alas not to be

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights...its near the U station and u have subway and super market within walkable distance...the lady receptionist there can b more polite..really appreciate the other 2 gentlemen at reception who were very informative and polite..will receommed this hotel if you are on a business trip..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Novum Business Hotel Imperial Frankfurt Messe? Share your experiences!