“'Best hotel in Frankfurt'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grandhotel Hessischer Hof

Save Saved
You added Grandhotel Hessischer Hof to your Saves list
Grandhotel Hessischer Hof
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 40 | 60325, 60325 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #7 of 262 Hotels in Frankfurt
Adelaide, Australia
“'Best hotel in Frankfurt'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our taxi driver, from the airport, told us we were staying in 'the best hotel in Frankfurt' and I would whole heartedly agree. We were very impressed with our stay at the Hessischer Hof. Our room was suberbly finished and my family were very impressed with the free wifi, minibar & fresh fruit replenished daily. We had a very quiet room and staff were extremely helpful. Thoroughly recommend this hotel & we will always stay here when in Frankfurt in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Is this the best hotel ever? A standard room had to floor area larger than that of many peoples' homes. Clean, luxurious, a bathroom with a shower to compete with the monsoon, free wifi and minibar, and very helpful staff. We stayed only two nights, but the second evening as we came in we were offered our room key without giving a name or room number. The breakfast was tremendous...and the dinner....how do they do it? We had the 45 Euro three course meal with wine. An amuse bouche, a good choice of starter, main and cheese or sweet, with appropriate white and red wines, ( and they kept on filling the glasses!) and coffee and chocolates, all served impeccably in a dining room flanked by a cabinet containing china that was a gift from Napoleon.

We had not been to Frankfurt before but I am sure that we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a great stay. The staff did all they could to accommodate our stay. We arrived early and they prepared our rooms early and also allowed a late check out. The renovated rooms were spacious and modern.

Room Tip: Ack for th e executive rooms as they have been renovated
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hessischer Hof is truly excellent! I looked for this hotel based on the reviews and wanted precisely not a "chain feeling" hotel but something with more personality. Reviews did not lie. Every single detail is cared for, the hotel looks really nice, the staff are extremely helpful and service is impeccable!
The rooms are really well taken care of. I stayed in a "superior" room and it is more than enough room, very quiet, comfortable, doors everywhere and a nice and well equipped bathroom. The tub worked wonders after a business trip and the rainfall shower was magnificent as well!
(Being European myself), breakfast felt like being at my grandparent's house! Every little details is nice and cute from the little teapots to the really home-cooking feel of the food!
It is, of course, pricier than other options but is is well worth it's price!
The location is perfect, not far from the airport or from downtown. I almost regretted staying only one night!
My only downside was it took me over a week to manage to get a reservation!! The website directs you to options only in german which got me stuck.. I finally decided to call and they kept saying I was either out of hours of the reservation service or no one was available.. This seriously went on for days so that was one thing to improve. However once there it was all perfect.

Room Tip: I stayed in a "superior" room but I'm pretty sure the standard rooms are good as well.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went and stayed here for a day in March for work. Initially i was a bit worried over the diversity in opinion on tripadvisor, but i can safely say it is one of the best hotels i have stayed all over the world. The room was incredibly large, with great facilities in the room and a free minibar.

The concierge was polite, and they even invited me to join them for evening drinks at the bar. I was quite happy with everything, and the breakfast was also very good. Will definitely visit again if I go to Frankfurt anytime soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on April 21st and 22nd. Everything about the hotel is stunning. No detail was neglected in the furnishings or decorations. And, the staff was even better! Breakfast was wonderful as well.

If you visit Frankfurt, you must stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I travel to Frankfurt frequently but this was my first stay at this hotel, and I was very impressed by the quality of the hotel, the staff my room and the facilities, especially the Bar, the famous Jimmy's Bar, which if you enjoy a cocktail and a cigar listening to live piano music, this is the place for you. First the room, one of the few times I have had a room tour by a member of staff, very spacious, excellent bathroom, very comfortable. The restaurant Fine Dining & Haute Cuisine at Restaurant Sèvres, the food was excellent, superb choice of food and wine, then Jimmy's bar, it is a smoking bar, but worth the visit it is a famous bar with excellent cocktails... would go again.

Room Tip: All rooms are at a very high standard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grandhotel Hessischer Hof? Share your experiences!