“We don't trust you, but you must trust us” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt

You added Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wiesenhuettenplatz 28-38, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #47 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Atlanta Georgia
“We don't trust you, but you must trust us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I was going to give Le Meridien three stars until I went to check out....

I am on a solo 29 day Eurail tour of Europe--my fourth of the past four years. I have stayed in a wide variety of accommodations over that time, along with sundry resorts and hotels in the USA and the Caribbean.

Lobby

Le Meridien has a large pleasant lobby. I appreciated the lobby because Le Meridien charges for WiFi in your room, but not in the lobby. As far as I am concerned, WiFi is now an essential hotel service like running water, lighting, and television service. I refuse to pay an additional fee for it. Le Meridien lost one star for trying to gouge me for an essential service.

Room

By American standards the room was tiny. Even by European standards, the room was small for this class of hotel, and supposedly I had paid to upgrade to a "Superior Room." The room was markedly smaller than my room at The Central Plaza in Zurich a few night earlier.

There were a couple of minor annoyances in the room. Most substantively, the safe did not work. Le Meridien has installed a new fangled safe in its rooms in which one uses his credit card to lock and unlock it. It did not work. I am sure there are readers who are asking why I did not simply call maintenance to repair it. I guess I could have, but Le Meridien was not paying for my time to be their quality control inspector. The other very minor annoyance was a note pad provided on the desk--with ONE sheet of paper on it. Le Meridien needs to upgrade its quality control.

Registration

I had prepaid for my room several months ahead of time. Nonetheless, Le Meridien insisted that I provide a credit card, and that the hotel would place a pending charge of 50 euros on it, just in case I ate some of the snacks they had placed around the room. To my way of thinking those snacks are sales displays occupying counter space that I was renting. I wonder what the response might have been if I had requested a room without sales displays? OK, I confess to being a bit of a smart aleck on this issue, but that is because of the dovetail with the checkout problem.

Checkout

I checked out at 9:00 am. The clerk informed me that "the system" was undergoing maintenance, and that she would charge me when the maintenance was complete. My response was, "I hope that you do not charge me, since I paid in advance." She did have a printout of guests by room number, but I suppose identifying those who had prepaid, verse those who had not would have been too much trouble. She then proceeded to grill me on whether I had consumed any of the snacks or purchased anything in the hotel. I had not, but still she said she could not release the pending charge on my credit card until "the system" maintenance was complete. Ok, so, when I checked-in, you made it clear that you did not trust me, but now you are telling me that I must trust you. Wait a minute, I need to digress. Why in the devil were they performing maintenance when guests would be expected to be checking out? And why does Le Meridien have the gall to tell me that I should trust them to charge my credit card, without us first agreeing on the proper charges--which should be zero.

I should have given them one star, but if a subsequent charge is placed on my credit card, it will be a new interaction, and I will revisit the issue.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear guest "twinkles",

Thank you for your feedback. Please believe us that we trust all of our guests.
But it is true that we also have strict credit policies.
We clearly display all room sizes on the website and on your room confirmation. We recommend a Deluxe room for any next stay which is larger in size and will meet you expectation. We apologize for the inactive safe box in you room. The safe in fixed in the meantime and will double check our procedures.
On Sunday upon your departure we had unfortunately a serious software outage for a couple of hours we deeply regret. The authorsation has been released in the meantime.
I hope we may welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This classic European hotel has a unique combination of Old World style adorned with contemporary updates throughout. The staff was outstanding, the food was delicious and the rooms were well appointed. They are small, which is typically for Europe but very comfortable and have great amenitities. The location is great. A short walk to the river and lots of great restaurants and businesses.

Room Tip: The rooms on the newer side are much smaller but more modern. The rooms in the older section are a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear guest "Christine S",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor and your praise about our associates. The old world style you mentioned and the history of the Parkhotel is defintely a unique point we are proud of. Combined with nowadays Le Meridien standards and the modern wing we have a wide range of accomodation options for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Again, thank you for your nice feedback.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff were great. We were given a bigger room, an upgrade. Great room. Location is perfect too. It is located near the Frankfurt Hbf terminal. We went for the Frankfurt Light and Building fair, which was one stop away only through the S train. I hope to come back after two years.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear guest GSF2013,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will forward your praise to our staff.
Hope to see you back soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

At first, while walking from the train station to the hotel I felt I made a mistake booking this hotel because I didn’t like the surroundings. Not familiar with the city, I chose it because it´s a Le Méridien Hotel and also due to a Trade Fair in the city all other hotels were fully booked. Fortunately I realized it wasn’t such a bad choice after all.
With a clean and modern design, the deluxe room was nicely decorated and spacious. Cable TV with a good variety of different languages programs. Bed linen were nice and comfortable pillows. Unfortunately no Free Wi-Fi, in the rooms. Our teenage daughter was in a separate single room next to ours. It was very small, but then again, it´s a single room with only one bad. Nevertheless it was nicely decorated with a fair spacious bathroom.
Le Parc restaurant can be a choice for dinner after a long busy day. Nothing in particular to write about except that I thought that Price x Food was not compatible.
A friendly concierge indicated to take our left from the hotel entrance and walk all the way to where the river was and continue on a 15 minute walk until we arrive at The Römerberg historical center. On our way and by accident we came about the Eiserner Steg/The Iron Footbridge also known as the “Padlock Bridge”. Nice surprise! You will find yourself minutes from The premier place to shop in Frankfurt called "Zeil". Also called "The Fifth Avenue of Germany". Take your time and walk to discover the numerous attractions offered!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear guest "AdrianaQ",

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you like the style of the hotel and the city centre.

I hope we were able to convince you with our service even if you did not like the surrounding of the area around the station.
Our food and beverage prices are similar to all comparable restaurants around.

I hope we may welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed her a few times for a trade fair, it has been upgraded and is a nice unassuming hotel.
Nice little bar and a great breakfast. 2 mins walk from station and a few minutes away from the exhibition centre on the tram.

Room Tip: Book early for a trade show the rates are "imaginative" in busy times, but then most are i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, General Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear guest "Rvrman21",

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you praise the location, the breakfast service and that you rate our property as a good hotel.
Our aim is to exceed your expecations. We will continue our work to offer even more personlized service upon your next stay to convince you from our hotel and to exceed your expectations.
Hope to welcome you back for the next fair.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Le Meridien is a very good option in the center of Frankfurt close to the main station. From here one has easy access to the central business and shopping district as well as the trade fair.

The exterior and interior of the hotel is very attractive with tastefully decorated, modern rooms. My perfectly clean room during this stay was quite small, but I know from previous stays that this is not representative of the hotel overall. Staff at check in and check out was friendly, engaged and effective - just as one would expect from a Starwood hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear guest "Alex E",

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am very pleased that we met your expectation.
Hope to see you soon back in the hotel.
Again, thanks for the nice feedback.
Jefferson, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a decent hotel but the rooms are very small for this chain. They are ultra modern and furnished to a moderate standard. The rooms have windows that open nicely so you can get fresh air. The location is by the train station which is in a little dicey area.

Dear guest "csteets",

Thank you very much for your review and the description of the rooms. I understand that you enjoyed your stay in but the room size was too small for you.
I regret that the room category was not at your convenience. I would recommend the deluxe category for your next stay. The rooms in this category are much large in size and even more comfortable.
Thanks again for your honest feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Resident Manager

Been to Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!