“Good Hotel, close to train station” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt

You added Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wiesenhuettenplatz 28-38, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #44 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good Hotel, close to train station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I recently stayed as part of a business trip at this hotel in Frankfurt. The hotel, within 3 minutes walk of the Central Train Station in Frankfurt is convenient and well appointed. The front desk staff were very friendly and despite a crowd at check in/check out, handled things smoothly and efficiently.

The rooms were well appointed albeit on the small side (even by European standards), but a large complimentary bottle of water was appreciated. The beds, linens and pillows were very comfortable and the the hotel was very quiet, despite being fully booked. Another thing which was much appreciated was that the room had at least 4 power outlets. With two phones, a tablet and a laptop to charge, I was glad that I had enough space to charge them all at the same time. Many hotels overlook this nowadays and only give you one or two outlets.

After a business event, a few colleagues and I went to the Casbar bar in the hotel and while it was a friendly space, the drinks were horribly expensive, even by hotel standards.

Breakfast was very nice, a very large selection of fresh food including an egg station for omelettes. My only complaint was that despite that breakfast had a large staff working it, the service was chaotic. I had to wait for 10 minutes for silverware to eat my breakfast, despite asking someone who was clearing a nearby table. She finished clearing the table and set two more before bringing me silverware and was clearly inconvenienced when I tried to order coffee.

All in all though a good hotel. More than fine for a business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear guest "danale1965",

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I promise you that we take your feedback about our breakfast performance serious and will improve our training in this area.
Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

I wish you enjoyable christmas days and all the best for 2014.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed at Le Meridien in early December. It's a great base to see Frankfurt and the surrounding areas as it is one block from the train station. Easy access to the airport via the train station. The hotel is very convenient and the staff is among the best. Very helpful and knowledgable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest "Krish095",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I will forward your praise to our hotel team.
We would love to welcome you back when you return fron the States.

I hope you enjoyed Frankfurt as well.

Best regards and relaxing christmas day.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Le Meridien Parkhotel in Frankfurt is a fantastic hotel, staffed by very helpful and enthusiastic hoteliers.

The hotel is well-situated, in that it is very close to the Main Train Station (5 minutes with bags), but is away from any seediness associated with Train Stations.

The hotel is within walking distance (about 15 minutes) to the Old City and the main shopping areas.

The rooms are fantastic, clean, and well-equipped. The decor is modern, but still functional and comfortable.

The reception ladies are extremely friendly and helpful.

The breakfasts are great, but perhaps a little on the expensive side (about 27 Euros per person).

There are all the facilities you could possibly require, including a vibey bar with great bartenders. Try the free spicy jelly-babies. They are addictive.

There is free WiFi and a business centre in the lobby area. Internet usage can be purchased to be used in the rooms, at a reasonable rate.

There are taxi's parked right outside, if needed.

For a 5 - star hotel, the price was more than reasonable.

I would definitely recommend it.

The concerns raised by other reviewers were definitely not apparent during my visit.

Dear guest "JhbGerry",

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
If you coming back to Frankfurt, please let me know.

Wish you a nice christmas time, relaxing days and all the best for 2014.

dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during the Christmas Market period. The location is great - close to train station, shops, and the river just down the street. The staff were very polite and friendly. When we arrived and our rooms were not ready yet, we were offered coffee on the hotel while waiting. We stayed at the old section. Our room was comfortable and very impressive with high ceiling and elegant decor. Just the walk up to our room was impressive with museum quality paintings. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest "Adrine A",

Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to convince you from our service.

Warm greetings to Canada. Guess you have more snow than we here in Frankfurt.

I wish you relaxing christmas days and hope we may welcome you back upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am regular business traveller to Frankfurt, with approx 2-3 visits per year. I have lived in Frankfurt for 10 years, so I "know" my neighbour hoods and it's always refreshing to see the city through the eyes of a traveller now. I am trying to book different hotels every time I visit, being able to rate the different experiences based on my trips and prior visits. Istayed in te "Le Meridien Park Hotel" 3 nights, and to begin with, the hotels name sounds more fancy than it turned out to be. Here is my review.
Stay: 3 Nights
When: August 2011
Room: Single Room (Old Area)
Price: 120 Euro (195 SGD)
Breakfast included - NO
Location:
5 Minutes away from the Frankfurt Main Station and close to the main shopping area (Zeil Strasse), the main business district and the old Opera, the hotels location is perfect for a weekend trip to Frankfurt or the business traveller like me. You walk 5 minutes to the River Main, who's promenade is very nice to stroll along especially in the SUmmer months. Take a walk over the "Eiserner Steg" to the other side and sip a "Aeppler" in the tradional area of "Sachsenhausen". On the other hand you can walk to the city center (Zeil) in approx 10-15 minutes as well. There are also busses and trams near by.
Hotel / Rooms:
Well, by now I know that there are "new" and "old" rooms, when I stayed here, I was unfortunately put into one of the old single rooms, which was more of a "chamber" than a hotel room. The walls were thin, the wooden floor was creaking, I honestly felt like I was in a little B&B somewhere in the Alps, not in a "Le Meridien" in Frankfurt. It was also the only true single bed I have stayed in in 7 years of business trips. The bathroom was equally outdated. As such, I will avoid coming back here, the single rooms are definitely not state of art compared to the other hotels in Frankfurt and their offers for the same price. Check my reviews for more.
EXTRA GOOD:
+ Location

BAD:
- Value for Money, you get much better hotel rooms for the same cost
- Rooms are tiny and old (if you get the non-renovated ones)
- Close to Frankfurt Red Light District

Room Tip: Avoid the not renovated quarter and especially the "single" rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear guest "AngryAngMo",

Thank you for your detailed experience on tripadvisor.

Indeed our guests can choose rooms in the historical or modern wing. Especially for regular guests it is nice as the the have a variation in style. In the historical building we do have some small rooms as displayed on all booking platforms. Please ask for a room in the new wing for your the next visit if you prefere a more modern style. Please feel free to contact me personally. and I will ensure you reiceive a nice upgrade.
Thank you for your positiv feedback about our location.
Mamer, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

One night stay at the business wing. Nothing to complain about! Overly friendly staff. Clean and bright/clear, stylish room with good bedding and a choice of two different pillows. Bathrobe, shampoo, conditionner, shower gel and moisturiser provided. Air condition is easy to adjust to make you feel comfy. No air draught by the AC. Complementary bottle of water and shoe shine service. Fair choice at breakfast buffet with live cooking and possibility to order some fancy dishes inspired by a 3 starred Michelin chef for an additional fee.

Sole thing I really disliked - but which is not of the responsibility of the hotel: the neigbourhood! The hotel is right next to the central station, but the way from the train to the hotel proved somewhat tricky for me (young single female voyager). It was already dark at 8PM and there were not many people around except for really dodgy people. I had the bad luck that three men tried to corner me, but no harm was done. Luckily there are enough places where you can seek shelter (such as other hotel lobbies, pubs and a grocery store which is open until midnight).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear guest "Justicia_Croft",

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you praise our staff.
Luckily our district is changing more and more into a life and art area.
I regret that you experienced a negative impression in the area.

Hope to welcome back you soon.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Arriving at the hotel I wasn't sure what ti expect and was surprised with excellent service.

While waiting for my room I was treated to a drink in the bar. The Casablanca Bar was a highlight with good drinks, cigars and very good personal service.

My rooms was quite small, but practical with everything I needed. Living in Asia the first impression was a shock, especially since I have stayed on hotels were the bathroom was bigger than my room. But overall the room provided a comfortable bed and was very quiet.

The Le Meridien Park Hotel is a great place to stay with great service.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guest "YanXunLong",

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service. I know that hotels in China offer excellent hospitality and service. Even more I feel proud that if you compare us with hotels in China we were able to convince you from our service as well.
I will share your positive feedback with our teams.

Resident Manager

Been to Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!