“Incomparable Staff, Incredibly Clean, Just Don't Order Room Service in English” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wiesenhuettenplatz 28-38, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #42 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Anna Maria Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely overnight stay at this property, courtesy of the Naples/Capodichino Airport local tarmac crew refusing to provide pre-flight services to Lufthansa for three hours due to labor relations issues.

Check In: The desk clerks exchanged glances when I asked for two beds since I was traveling with my adult son. It was also a bit of a shock when we asked for hospitality kits since Lufthansa kept our bags and stated that the hotel would provide toiletries 'of a higher quality than the airline could'. The desk clerks pointed us to the Pharmacy across the street (closed for the night) but said we could purchase other items including 5 euro for a travel sized roll-on antiperspirant.

Room Assignment: Room #1: Single bed. Made the long, lonely trek down the cruise ship halls back to the lobby.
Room #2: Double bed. Dropped bread crumbs to remember the way back. Conversation with desk clerks: 'I understand this may be difficult and I do appreciate your time but could we please have two separate beds because my son and I are not in the habit of sleeping in the same bed. Don't families request separate beds when they stay here?'
Giggled response: 'Only Chinese families.' (WHAT?)
Room #3: Two single beds. Perfect! Entertaining color-changing nightlight and a bit small but absolutely fine for people who've been up for 42 hours and have 22 hours travel lurking the next day.

Furnishings: Beds are European small. Coverlets thin. Just ask for blankets and you'll be comfortable.

Hotel Food: Too tired and overdrawn at the Conversation Bank from flight delays and rerouting, so we opted for Room Service.
The response to my 'Hello, this is Room 412' was a heavy sigh followed by '....American' and shuffling noises as the telephone is handed to someone else.
Never a good sign. But I kept the order simple and it seemed to go well.

Twenty minutes later the food arrived. With no utensils or drinks, ('water and milk' sadly, two of the German words I have that are comprehensible.) the server gestured that he'd be right back.
Ten minutes later I called the kitchen to check on things and it was a repeat of the first call response, sigh, then '...American' and hand-off. This time I couldn't get the problem conveyed so I called the Front Desk.
Within TWO minutes, an assistant manager was at the door with a server paddling in his wake. Apologies, comped food, the missing items and a call 30 minutes later from a manager asking whether everything had been taken care of to our satisfaction. Yes, SIR!

Until breakfast.
Guess who's back on duty? The Exhalator. With his buddy, Elvin the Tray Shorter.
No utensils. No milk, no juice. After a certain point, you have to wonder whether it's not personal. But once again there are managers on duty to clear things up.

If I were paying for the room (399 Euro rack rate) I would have contacted Starwood and possibly sent a written low-level hissyfit to address the possibility of Anglophobia in the kitchen after identical incidents.
But the disappointment was mitigated by the very high standards in furnishings and housekeeping.

My sole caveat would be that if you're traveling and will be spending a great deal of time in the room; these are a bit small. If the company is paying for it and you'll be out and about; Le Meridien Parkhotel is a good choice. Just remember to be patient, persistent and pleasant and everything will be fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest "BluntedHedgehog",

Thank you very much for your online feedback. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to assist you with the two single beds, especially after this long and challenging trip to our hotel.
I will also share your comments with our hotel team, that we can improve our level of service.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in the Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt at the end of April (17-20 April 2013). Our travel agent booked us into another hotel around the corner from the Le Meridien Parkhotel, but the hotel was not up to standard. The personel helped us at ten o'clock in the evening with a room in the hotel with a smile. They booked us into room 860, which must be the best room in the hotel. I really would like to take the opportunity to thank the staff from the bottom of my heart for friendly good service (so late in the evening).

This was the forth time we stayed in 'n Le Meridien Hotel (twice in Phuket and once in Marrakesh) and we received very good service from all.

Thank you, again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest "Juanita B",

Thank you very much for your email. I will forward your positive review about our hotel and associates to our hotel team. We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good hotel, they accomodate an early check in (requested on the fly), the rooms are just large enough so you don't feel like you live in a box. The bed is VERY confortable and the bathroom super modern and clean.

The hotel is located near the train station and not so far from the airport. There is a large ''red light'' area close to the hotel and not much restaurants. Running on the morning on the river side is faily nice. You can walk to downtown in couple of minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Abchoc,
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Indeed the distance to the airport, city centre and main train station is very convenient and close.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Los Ang
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Please take this as a warning to anyone considering booking this hotel.

This year, a snowstorm which closed down the Frankfurt Airport prevented me from honoring my reservation at the Meridian hotel.

Despite contacting the hotel within a day of reaching my newly re-routed destination (Bad Neuenahr, Germany) and attempting to explain the situation, I was met with the simple response of “there’s nothing we can do” at which point they charged me the 300+ Euro high season reservation rate, even though I had booked the room on Starpoints (10,000).

In my subsequent follow up, the staff with whom I spok – first Ms. Sandra Goetting (accounts receivable), then escalated to Mr. Oliver Franke (reservations), then escalated to Ms. Katharina Wenzel (reservations manager) – were all extremely unhelpful, with either no power or desire to find a reasonable compromise given the unusual circumstances – such as simply charging me the points that I booked on, rather penalizing me with the high-season rate.

What’s more, the hotel flat out lied to me on more than one occasion about the general sequence of events, what actions they claim I took, as well as what they claim they would be willing to do in response. Nor did they seem concerned when I informed them that I would be expressing this feedback on numerous websites.

I have to say that my experience has been the exact opposite at other Starwoods properties, including the Sheraton at the Frankfurt Airport.

I can not help but feel that as a foreign traveler I have been squeezed in this situation and that the hotel is hiding behind policy to justify its actions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest "Ed F",
We thank you for choosing Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt for your stay earlier this year. We regret to hear that due to weather conditions your flight was re-routed and you were unable to check-in at our property. Several attempts to contact you have been made prior charging the No-Show Fees as per our Terms & Conditions. Please be assured that your comments have been documented and forwarded to the relevant departments accordingly, however if you wish to share further comments you may continue to contact us again via dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com.
With best Regards,
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed on business. Nice room, although if my wife was with my I'm not sure how the bed cover would have worked as it was only large enough for one person. Must be a European thing. A double bed, but the cover is only large enough for one person. Room size is OK for Europe, smaller than US but fine.
The restaurant food was good. Breakfast was excellent with a good buffet in the morning and very nice salad the one night I ate there.
Now for the problem. My plans changed and I needed to check out early. I informed them when I arrived of this change, but since I arrived late the reservation department was closed. Front desk told me to come back during regular hours. It was more than 24 hours before I was to leave when I finally was able to get there when the reservation office was open because of my work schedule. They said I had to tell them when I arrived, so I had to pay for my entire stay, but they would give me my last night free because I am an SPG member. So I paid for 2 nights I wasn't there.
This is a ridiculous charge of over 400 euros for a service I did not receive because of the hours that they keep. The front desk couldn't be bothered to leave a note for reservations. I had to tell them myself.
Needless to say, never going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear xbioman,

Thank you very much for your review.
It is nice to read that you enjoyed breakfast and the restaurant food.
Indeed the european bedsize is different compared to US size. But we certainly have King Size beds as well. We will remark this preference in your guest profile. It is correct that we have a strict cancellation policy as we guarantee to provide the room for the entire requested stay.
We currently follow up with Front Office if there was a mistake from our side. It would be great if you could send me your contact details and your confirmation number by email to dominik.ritz@lemeridien.com. We will investigate your agreed cancellation details and come back to you with a final answer in terms of a refund.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience.
Dominik Ritz, Resident Manager
Bernhards Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This beautiful hotel is located very near the Central Station, but just off the busiest streets. We were immediately impressed with the classic styling of the exterior and beautiful lobby. Our German language skills are sadly lacking but the hotel staff did a wonderful job with English. A baggage mix up with the airline was masterfully handled by the bell desk, and he dogged the airline until the bags were delivered. We stayed in the "traditional" wing and found the room to be small but comfortable. The rooms could definitely benefit from additional storage areas - particularly for those on a 12 day visit. The towel heaters are brilliant!!! Never saw the "business" wing, but the exterior is obviously much newer. As an urban hotel, visitors will need to be prepared for city noises.

Be sure to visit the pub area which sometimes features live music. It is a beautiful, dark pub with friendly bartenders and an excellent selection. We had coffee each day at the restaurant and had the brunch buffet with the family. The food was very good and the buffet selection was inventive. You'll also want to peek in at the Irish Pub around the corner if you're craving a Guinness like I was.

Frankfurt has a wonderful subway system which we used extensively. If that suits you, Le Meridien Frankfurt is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LE_MERIDIEN_FFM, Manager at Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear DaveH,

what should I say?
Thank you so much for your detailed and positive review which makes me proud. I will forward your feedback to all associates. If I can be of any assistance for you in the future with a reservation in our hotel, please let me know.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in a standard room single which was quite small when compared to the room sizes we have here in Dubai. The elevators are also small with narrow doors, bed wasn't king size and wasn't enough for my height of 189 cms! There was a bathrobe but without a sandal. The staff were very friendly and shared lot of information especially front desk and concierge. Location is perfect just across main train station (Haupt Bahnoff), there are lot of restaurants and cafes. I'm sure this property wouldn't have a name with 'Le Meridien' attached to it if it were in UAE! Staying at this hotel made me realise how much spoilt we are at Dubai and the United Arab Emirates!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear InasuC,

Thank you for sharing your impressions and for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff; please be assured that we will pass the comment to our Front Desk and Concierge Staff. Please contact me upon your next reservation to ensure you receive a larger room. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Resident Manager

Been to Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!