“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frankfurt Marriott Hotel

You added Frankfurt Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hamburger Allee 2, 60486 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pozzuoli, Italy
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great price and not far from the airport. Got stuck in town due to a snow storm.

Happy to find a Marriott as we tend to be brand loyal.

Great view from the upper floors.

American and Euro bars. Breakfast was included for members.

Very good stay for the price.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

One night stay at the end of a business trip before my international flight home. I had stayed here about six years ago and can see where the rooms had been remodeled. Nicely done. I was reminded of my number one rule after I enter my room which is to lock my door from the inside with the security lock. I forgot and someone entered my room to re-stock the magazines. He knocked and opened the door so quickly I never had a chance to say "Hold on" or "Who's there?". This was a bit unsettling- especially as a woman traveling alone.
Easy 10 min walking distance from a shopping mall. About a 15 min cab ride to the airport.
As other guests have noted, the elevators can be a bit slow. Excellent breakfast buffet although a bit expensive especially taking into consideration the US/EURO exchange rate (About $40 USD).
Wifi was included- not sure if it was because I booked online. The free wifi was kind of slow, although there was a paid faster option available.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My view is for the price there are better hotels nearby.
The room on the 44th Floor was fairly basic or bland (you choose) and aside from the view over the city I could have been in any other place.
I stayed in another hotel recently in Frankfurt for less than half the price with far better amenities and room.
Breakfast in the club lounge was good and service very pleasant.
I probably won't be back and will use other better priced hotels since once you have seen the view what else is there!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
FDBergk, Front Office Manager at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Emeles,

thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent visit at our hotel.

As we are the highest hotel in continental Europe, and you even had a room on our top floor 44, the views can be really impressive.
I am sorry to learn that you didn´t like the design of our recently refurbished rooms.
As Frankfurt is Europes leading fair show destination the prices can vary a lot, but we always offer the best price if you book direct with us, while always beeing very reasonable compared to the market.

I am happy to see that you were very satisfied with the service at the executive lounge and the breakfast.

We would be very happy to be your host again for you next Frankfurt visit.

Best regards

Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here recently a couple of times and was very impressed with the service. My first room was nicer than my second room, but the hotel was a lot busier on the second stay which was probably the reason. Jose at the Guest Relations was very helpful answering questions. The person at check in was very nice also. lounge staff great. Would definitely stay here again. Transport easy from main train station. Exit the main station and take either 16 or 17 tram to the Ludwig stop. Hotel across the street,

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is a typical chain experience - bland. The room was clean but boring. The restaurant facilities were the same. The location was good but not great. At least the price was reasonable. This place is best frequented by business people or people just passing through town.

Again, not bad but not interesting.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 758Paul423,

thank you for taking your time sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.com

I am really sorry that we coulnd´t live up to your expectations regarding the design of the room and the restaurants.
We do offer three different restaurant outlets, the "Brasserie Ici" for Breakfast, the "Cross Bar and Lounge" and the "Champions, the Amercian Sports Bar" aiming to offer three different designs and menus.

I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping that you find our hotel very clean.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and beeing your host for your last Frankfurt visit.

Best regards

beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been returning to this marriott hotel for over 2 decades not once have i been disappointed. Very professional staff very nice breakfast area and the executive lounge is rich and very accommodating. Champions on the ground floor is a good food destination if you feel like pigging out. The bed is extremely comfortable. Bathroom is a nice size and the amenities are of good quality. Hotel is a bit of a walk to downtown but the tram is conveniently located just across the road from the entrance and the subway is only 2 blocks away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was there with my partner during the Commerze Bank congress and the experience was short f a nightmare. The hotel was understaffed and under-trained. After checking in the room key was defective and had to go all down to reception ( I was on the 43rd floor). Then the receptionist could not give me another key and sent the security staff over. After 2 hrs, I went down to the gym where I was told off by the gym staff for drinking an extra botle of the courtesy water!

The following morning went to the breakfast area and although we had a double room fee with 2 breakfast allowance, they charged me 29EUR for my breakfast! Obviously the following day I skipped this and prefer to have a bagel down the road for 2EUR. After checking out we were advised that the room actually had an allowance of 2 breakfasts per day!

Finally, wiki and coverage is very limited across the hotel! Not good for business!

Overall, a very poor experience for a +200EUR a night room. I have decided that my next time in Ffm I will do air bnb instead. Hopefully the hosts will be nicer!

FDL- Do not use Marriott in Ffm Messe for your banking business in Germany!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
FDBergk, Leiter Front Office at Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Golden B,

thank you for taking the time to share your feeback on tripadvisor.

I am really sorry that we could not live up to your expectations this time.

We always strive to be a brilliant host and to be a secure and welcoming hotel. I am really sorry that you had troubles with your key. For your own safety we only hand out keys to persons with a photo ID matching the registered guest.

Our Brasserie Ici offers a full American Breakfast buffet, but also selections of the buffet starting as of 20.50€. To offer the fastest and most convenient service for our guests we ask every guests at the entrance for a signature. Regardless if the breakfast is inclusive or not.
Please accept my sincere apologies that we misscomunicated that and you couldn´t get your breakfast. I already adressed that to to our F&B Service team, so that we can train our associates.

Please rest assured that we take your comments very serious and we will most certainly discuss that in our manager meeting to improve our services.

We would be more than happy if you give us another chance to be your host for your next Frankfurt visit.

Best regards and greetings from Frankfurt

Front Office Manager

Been to Frankfurt Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!