“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Hotel Frankfurt

You added Marriott Hotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Marriott Hotel Frankfurt
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hamburger Allee 2, 60486 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #21 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is really good. I stayed at Marriott Frankfurt for one night for a business meeting. The room was very big and clean and comfortable. The breakfast was also good, with a great variety. Convenient location, close to the fair center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear marroned2006,

On behalf of the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and would love to welcome you back soon.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Director of Rooms Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

On my way to Athens I got stranded in Frankfurt on an overnight stay. Turned out to be wonderful since I had never been to Frankfurt before and got to go exploring. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was decent. Had a bit of a language barrier since my lack of German was so obvious, but got through.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Danielle S,

While I am sorry to learn that you were stranded in Frankfurt, I very much appreciate that it is was the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel you chose as a haven.

All of our front line staff are fluent in English and we are doing our very best to not only provide personalized service but also to avoid any language barriers by hiring multilingual people. Therefore, I was surprised and distressed at the same time to read about the challenges you experienced.

Should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. It is very modern. It has an excellent location. Convenient to all the attractions. The rooms are very large and clean. The staff was very professional. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sam B,

Your kind words regarding our staff and product are very much appreciated and will certainly be of great assistance for other travelers when choosing their hotel in Frankfurt.

It is wonderful to read that our newly refurbished guest rooms did meet your expectations and we would love to be your host again at the “new” Frankfurt Marriott Hotel in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location is so good as possiple, the rooms are comfortable, the coocing is good and the service is excellent. The hotel is good for business trip so for city travel. The breakfast in the hotel is various and delicious. The personal is high qualified and frendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear 7459426,

We are delighted to learn about the good experience you had at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripavisor.

Your comments will be shared with our team and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am currently at the Marriott in Frankfurt and what a disaster this place is. The website says that some food/restaurant service may be affected during the current renovation, but that is false advertisement. I checked in and within 24 hours had the "pleasure" of experiencing the following:

-No lounge (closed due to renovation but it doesn't state it on the site)

-No working internet in the rooms or lobby (it connects and then loses connection within a minute)

-TV (cable)went out 3 times and the tech was in the room for 45 minutes trying to figure it out, said he would be back, and an hour later still hadn't returned.

-Fitness Center is closed due to renovation (this and the internet and two huge issues for me when I travel and if the site would've mentioned it was closed I would have stayed at the Hilton from the beginning)

I choose my hotels when I travel based on all of these amenities (hence choosing a "full service" Marriott) and their availability, especially when I go on vacation when it should be a relaxing experience. I'm extremely disappointed with this experience and this property.

Most of these headaches could have been avoided if the hotel was honest about its amenities on the site.

To top everything off, the hotel started construction at 730am and the workers couldn't have been any louder hammering the walls and letting doors slam shut without any regard for the guests who may be trying to sleep.

All in all, I would not recommend staying at this property as its an absolute disaster

• Stayed August 2013
Dear jgmiami,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your recent visit to Frankfurt.

I was very sorry to learn about your experience at our hotel and can certainly understand your disappointment. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

While our Executive Lounge usually closes on the weekend, the renovation certainly has an impact on our offerings which we very much regret.

The challenges we experienced with the TV reception were in deed difficult to locate and I wish we would have managed to solve the problem more promptly. As far as the internet is concerned, we are currently in the process of upgrading our access points. However, we certainly should have been able to assist you in this matter since the internet itself was working properly during the day according to our provider.

As a part of the renovation, our Fitness Center is being updated as well. We had a temporary cardio workout area in place for the time being. As the works in the Fitness Center were finalized on Sunday, there was a transition when the equipment was moved back into the Fitness Center. Therefore, we were not able to offer any workout facilities for a few hours which I would like to express my apologies for.

Undoubtedly, the works should not have started at 7:30 am which has been clearly communicated to everyone involved. I very much appreciate your feedback in this matter to avoid any recurrence.

As stated before, I can perfectly understand that your stay in our hotel did not meet the expectations you may have had from a Marriott Hotel and I would like to assure you that your experience does not reflect the high standard of product and service we are usually providing.

We will be in touch with you directly since we would love to get another opportunity to convince you of all the benefits or our hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

With best regards,
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

New office and TV furniture, armchairs, lamps and sliding doors, modern wall colours, carpets do the room shine in splendour. A Philips 42 inch flatscreen, excellent bed and bathroom...we had a perfect stay. The hotel provided a positive and refreshing atmosphere to us. The modernisation brings the quality of the rooms to a high level which can be compared with top notch hotelchains.
The restaurant serves good food but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear RonaldvanderBoom,

Thank you for rewarding our efforts with your kind and encouraging words. Almost all of our rooms have already been modernized and offer all the amenities you are referring to in your review.

Very soon, we will also offer a very broad choice of food and beverage options in our new hotel lobby as well as in our Champions Bar and Brasserie Ici. I am strongly convinced that these options will cater to all of our guests’ preferences and appetite.

The time you spent on this review is very much appreciated and will certainly be of great assistance for other travelers when choosing their hotel in Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Frankfurt anytime soon.

Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed for three nights and were very satisfied.The room was clean, beds comfortable. In the night all was quiet and we had a very good sleep. The breakfast table was also very good with a suficient variety of dishes. The staff was polite and helpful. There is only one restaurant and they cook american dishes only. Since we do not like burgers and that sort of thing we had to eat elsewhere. But that is not a problem because there are several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jana46,

Our product is currently being upgraded which includes our guest rooms as well as our hotel lobby and restaurants. In fact, most of our rooms have already been renovated while our lobby and restaurants are currently undergoing some updates.

By the end of August, our guests will be have a broad choice of food & beverage offerings again since besides our Champions Bar and restaurant, the Brasserie Ici, our new hotel lobby concept will offer all kinds of delicious and mouthwatering breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options.

Should our guests still be in the mood to try one of Frankfurt’s numerous restaurants, our Guest Relations Team will be more than happy to recommend a place nearby.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and I would love to personally assist you should you have any questions or needs.

Director of Rooms Operations

Been to Marriott Hotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!