“For business people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Hotel Frankfurt

Save Saved
You added Marriott Hotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Marriott Hotel Frankfurt
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hamburger Allee 2, 60486 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #27 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Novi Sad, Serbia
“For business people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very, very nice hotel. Breakfast is very various and good. The staff is very friendly at the reception and in the restaurant. In room you have iron. Close to the centre of the city, if you like to walk. Also with taxi everything is close. Only thing if you have room very high, that you can feel swinging of Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Aleksandra73,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would love to welcome you back to the Marriott Hotel upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at Marriott hotels all over the world and you start to expect a certain quality over time and this particular hotel is just not up to par. The overall decor of the hotel is an insult to the eye and the interior is in bad shape (worn out carpeting, pseudo art deco floors and slow elevators etc.). I ordered room service on one of the nights (the food was overpriced and of bad quality) and called for the tray to be removed from outside my room. It was still there the next morning. Needless to say that the entire hallway smelled of old food which didn’t seem to bother anyone. The Executive Lounge offers some decent food options in the morning which may be the lone bright spot of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Gator2006,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for publishing you valuable feedback for fellow travellers.

I was very sorry to learn that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We focus on customer service to ensure a most enjoyable stay for all of our customers.

Regarding the hotel interior, we are currently discussing a renovation of our guestrooms while last year we completed the renovation of the hotel façade, opened new function rooms and renovated our existing banquet facilities. We take our customers’ satisfaction very seriously and are striving to offer the best possible service as well as product.

I was also distressed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the In-Room-Dining and your comments will certainly be addressed in our next meeting to ensure that there will be no recurrence of the same problem.

Your commending words about our Executive Lounge are highly appreciated and will be forwarded to the relevant departments.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before. We arrived on the 25th and left on the 27th. This time I had my wife with me. We arrived very early in the morning around 7 am. The check in was very easy. Sometimes hotels will not let you check in until there regular check in time. I requested a early check in, Great!.
The hotel has a friendly staff for early in the morning. The door person smiled, The desk person smiled. That helps early in the morning. After arriving, we slept in a very clean room. The bathroom was spotless. The only complaint was not enough TV channels with anything on worth looking at. Other than that, excellent hotel. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: It is a Marriott in a busy area of Frankfurt. We had a room facing the main street in front of the b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Flip f,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel. Also, the time you spent on rating us on Tripadvisor is very much appreciated.

Your kind words regarding our staff and service are very valuable and will be shared with our team.

It certainly is our goal to meet or even exceed our customers’ expectations and I was delighted to hear that you were fully satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel.

I would love to personally welcome you back to the Marriott Hotel upon your next trip to Frankfurt.

With kind regards,
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

....and nothing else. The french bistro resturant was one of my worst resturant experiences this year.
The rooms are small and the walls have painted glass-fiber wallpaper which was modern 30 years ago. The bathroom towels smells like old fish. Sorry, why Marriott badges this hotel is more than I can understand

• Stayed October 2012
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Mr. toristsjefen,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Marriott Hotel for your visit to Frankfurt. Also, I very much appreciate the time you spent on providing us with very valuable feedback.

Unfortunately, your review shows that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We do appreciate every single piece of feedback we receive from our customers which enables us to improve the service we provide. Therefore, I would be delighted if you could help us in this matter. I would love to get some more details on your experience with our French bistro. Our Guest Service Manager will get in touch with directly.

Your remarks concerning the towels have been addressed with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure there will be no recurrence of the same problem. Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Last year we completed the renovation of the hotel façade, opened new function rooms and renovated the existing banquet facilities. A major renovation of our guest rooms is currently being discussed for the near future.

We take our customers’ feedback and preferences very seriously and are striving to offer the best possible service and product and I am very sorry to learn your expectations were not met.

I would be more than happy to personally welcome you back to the Marriott upon your next visit to Frankfurt.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you are attending a fair/exposition in Frankfurt, this is THE PLACE to stay: across the street of the fair center, walking distance from the central train station and 15 minutes Taxi from the airport. Quite accesible, clean, good breakfast, good food, not very modern rooms and also very small, but clean and covering the basics for a hotel of this cathegory. The hotel is in a (aprox) 45 floors building, but starting the hotel on floor 23 (aprox) what means that no matter in which floor you stay, the view of the city is fantastic, and assured because there are no high buildings around. Simply nothing special, but also no complains at all, and since the company I work for has agreed corporate rates with Marriott, I will surely come again, what is fine.

However, if you are not attending a fair and are on vacations in Frankfurt, I would definitely stay in another place, closer to the historical part of the city, the downtown, the shopping areas and the restaurants. Frankfurt is not London or NY, meaning that is a quite small city, commuting is very easy, Taxis are cheap compared to other european cities, takes just a couple of minutes from the airport to the downtown, and simply there are much more beautiful areas (mainly in the night) to stay and really enjoy the city. Now I use to travel to Frankfurt on business, but used to live there for a couple of years, and the surrounding areas of the hotel are not the best, mainly at night.

Dear Alvaro,

We would like to thank you for the time you spent on writing and posting this review. In addition, we appreciate the fact that you have chosen the Marriott Hotel during your last visit in Frankfurt.

I am glad and proud to learn that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and had a good time.

We are in a very convenient location for business as well as leisure travellers since we are situated across the street from the Fairgrounds and Conference Center but still close to downtown Frankfurt.

Should your plans bring you back to Frankfurt we would love to be your host again.

Salisbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

You know what to expect with a Marriott, and Frankfurt does not disappoint. The standard is high, the rooms comfortable and the service attentive. If there on business and happy to eat in the hotel, you have a choice of Champions (Marriott's signature sports bar), Brasserie Ici, or Espressivo Cafe & Bar. Champions offers good if predictable American food, burgers, steaks, chicken, ribs and mexican. On Saturday nights they promote 'all you can eat' ribs for €9.90, but it seems you can have them any night if you ask - we had them on Sunday.

Brasserie Ici is more refined, with a better menu. Breakfast is also served here, and while good, is pricey at €28 if not included in your room rate. The eggs are cooked to order, and first class, but as with all buffet breakfasts, the rest could have been hotter.

The location is great for exhibitions and trade fairs, not so good for experiencing Frankfurt itself. If you are there on holiday, try the Jumeirah, much more central and within walking distance of shops, bars, restaurants and the Old Town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tdtil, Director of Rooms Operations at Marriott Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear SalisburyMoonrake,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that your stay did meet your expectations. Your comments regarding the breakfast buffet have been addressed with our Executive Chef.

The evaluation of our services and facilities is a very valuable tool for us to continuously monitor our standards and take action whenever required.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back again for your next stay at the Marriott Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Rooms are very average, gym is good but personel very unfriendly and they make you pay for water!!!! there is no minibar in the room... Room service completely mixed up my order etc...
Convenient if you go for a convention otherwise avoid...

Dear Jerome,

Thank you for staying at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel and for rating us on Tripadvisor!

I was very sorry to learn that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We focus on customer service and try to deliver an immaculate product including the standard Marriott amenities and it is our goal to ensure a most enjoyable stay for all of our customers.

Your concern about the gym has been addressed with the relevant manager. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Marriott Hotel upon your next stay in Frankfurt.

Till Tillmannns
Director of Rooms Operations

Been to Marriott Hotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!