“Sweet hotel but rooms are tiny” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Hotel Frankfurt

Save Saved
You added Bristol Hotel Frankfurt to your Saves list
Bristol Hotel Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ludwigstrasse 15, 60327 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Innenstadt)   |
Ranked #72 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Limassol, Cyprus
“Sweet hotel but rooms are tiny”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is impressive when you enter with a lovely little lobby and small, cosy bar. The big up side for me was that they had smoking rooms and you could smoke in the bar. The bar was convenient and well serviced with nice snacks/meals served in the evening. They have no food in the day so if you are hungry then you have to go out. The breakfast was very nice and there is a lovely terrace to enjoy outside. The location of the hotel is good - especially if you are attending the Frankfurt Messe Exhibition Hall. The downside is the size of the rooms (not to mention the bathrooms and small elevators too). The rooms really were tiny, but they did have mini bars, tv's, safes, etc. Overall the hotel is nothing special but could be much worse and for a sweet central hotel it is not bad at all with good service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Twelve days before leaving Iraq for my vacation the girl who was supposed to visit me in Europe and who I had been talking to for nearly a year canceled on me. I arrived to Germany on April 23rd and checked into my hotel - the Moevenpick in Frankfurt. After staying there for 9 days, I was told my daily rate would be tripling because of a business fair and charged over 80 Euro for a simple bag of laundry. I decided to look for a new hotel.

My first contact with the hotel was with their receptionist who spoke perfect English, gave me a great rate - (slightly better then Expedia) on a 15 day stay, and was cute to boot. I asked her for a recommendation on a good club to go to and was given one, at the same time I brought my bags up to my room and was impressed by the size and cleanliness (I had purchased a double room). I was located on the street side but on the top floor so the noise some others have complained about was not an issue.

At one point - I lost my wallet and everything in it except my Passport. American Express supplied me with a brand new temporary card from their Frankfurt office the same day but unfortunately none of the money exchange locations took American Express and the temporary pin number they supplied me only allowed me to withdraw $500. The Bristol saved my entire vacation by giving me Euro - and simply charging it to my room. This allowed me to enjoy my last five days in Europe.

Positives:
- The (double) rooms are awesome and not noisy if you're on the top floor.
- The hotel bar is awesome - I met some awesome people in there.
- Breakfast was good and included in my rate.
- The location is awesome - near the train station but away from the red light area.
- The staff was awesome from the receptionists, to the bartenders, to the housekeepers. Most of the receptionists and bartenders spoke good English.

Negatives:
- Lack of air conditioning. Fortunately it was not hot at all during my stay and I do believe you can request a room air conditioner although I think it's an extra charge. Since it didn't affect me it isn't lowering my score.
- No free parking but I believe this would apply to every hotel around the train station.

In summary - I had an amazing stay in Germany and the last week was saved by the Bristol Hotel and American Express. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors for less noise
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

Not what we expected from a 4 star. I know european hotels have lower standards than US hotels but after traveling 2weeks thru EUR this was the worse. Staff not as friendly, location relative good walking distance to central train station, WiFi very slow unless you want to purchase faster wired internet. The down side is lack of A/C. We went in May and it was so hot in the room I couldn't sleep. Leaving the window open, it gets noisy. I can only imagine how hot these rooms get during the summer days. Free breakfeast is a plus, and is decent. It has a flat screen and a minibar. No ideea if you have to pay for tv did not turn it on.

• Stayed May 2011
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

If you want to stay near the main station but the reputation of Frankfurt's red light district concerns you, then make this hotel your choice. It is near Hauptbahnhof but not on the side that is close to the red-light district which is east of it. Among the hotels that's west of Hauptbahnhof, this is probably one of the closest ones to the gate exiting the main station (don't exit the station from the main entrance like we did). A short quiet walk, and you're at the hotel. It can be a bit noisy at night if you leave your windows open. Otherwise, everything is quite adequate and the experience there, although a little impersonal, was generally very good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night at the Bristol after flying into Frankfurt. It's within easy walking distance of the airport. The room was fine and well appointed, comfortable bed. The downside was that we had to open the window to cool down the room and it was noisy. Must be a hip neighborhood with good nightlife. But after flying for several hours and getting into Frankfurt late, we were more looking for a good night's sleep.

The breakfast room and the breakfast itself totally redeemed the Bristol for us. The breakfast selection and quality are second to none. Everything was just delicious. The room is beautiful with a wall of windows overlooking the Bristol's deck area and lovely courtyard. The deck area and furniture look like something you'd find at a spa. It was too cold to sit outside, but would be wonderful in warmer weather. We also saw that we could have gotten a room on the courtyard side of the building.

If we end up overnight in Frankfurt again, we will choose the Bristol Hotel, just with a room overlooking the courtyard rather than the street.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard. Much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I spent a week traveling around Germany. Just needed one night's hotel in Frankfurt before flying out the next day. I didn't spend much time looking for hotel, just wanted something affordable, near train station, that didn't have horrible reviews. So I booked Bristol, and it turned out to be the best hotel of my trip. WIthin a block of train station, very cool vibe, clean, interesting rooms (a bit small but fine for one person). There are cheaper options, but this was under $100 USD and very good.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

The hotel itself is located near the Main station, hence very central!

I have been there on a business trip.
The rooms are nice, but small(er).

Windows could be opened, even though it was a little loud outside during the night.
But positive anyway.

The bar was awesome, very good and experienced personell. Great selection. Nice music.

The breakfast was lovely. Everything there, even more! Big plus!
They even had Champagne and Vodka for free - for those who like that for breakfast :-)

Overall I can easily recommend it.
Clean, modern, good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Bristol Hotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!