“Best Express Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elbestrasse 7, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Bahnhofsviertel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 261 Hotels in Frankfurt
Cairo, Egypt.
“Best Express Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Holiday Inn Express hauptbanhof in Frankfurt is really the Best HIE I have ever stayed at.
The Hotel seems to be New or maybe recently refurbished , The building is very modern and secured, Entrance is Airy and pleasant,
Room was really great, the room was big and very well equipped, Big DBL bed, LCD TV, Disk, Coach with cushions, Great Pillows, Very nice Carpet, Wide big windows and Coffee and tea Facilities.
Bathroom is very nice, with a Glass door, Great shower , Gel , shampoo, Liquid soap, hairdryer , clean nicely smelled Towels.
There is also a digital safe in the Room, but No Minibar.
The Hotel Location is very good, in the city center, near to the bahnhof...arond 15 min. walk, tram is just beside the Hotel, U bahn lines can be taken from the Hauptbahnhof... so one can actually never far away from any kind of transportation.
There area is full of ethnic restaurants, Turkish " just next bulding and stays open up to 1:00 am" , Italian, Thai, Chinese, Afghani, and Arabian.
The staff are young and Helpful, also I would like to mention the remarkable work of the house keeping .
Breakfast is at the Lobby area, the seating is limited but one will sure find a place, The breakfast is Good enough for a fresh start of the day " Juices, Coffee, Tea, Cereals, Eggs, cheese, cold cuts, salads, Butter, Jam, assortment of Bakery"
Internet is not free , but also very cheap... only 5 EUR per day.
Rooms are all Air conditioned and have big windows if you prefer the fresh Air.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel to Frankfurt Visitors.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HIEXFRAAD, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. We're delighted to see you enjoyed your room and the offered breakfast.

We hope you were able to take home some happy memories and that you were encouraged to visit us again.

Best Best regards

Diana Brüggenhorst
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel in two trips to southern Italy. Let me explain. When visiting southern Italy from the US, it is convenient to fly early afternoon from Naples and overnight in Frankfurt, catching an early flight from Frankfurt back to the US. This hotel is perfect for this, providing a comfortable bed and good breakfast just a short walk from the train station (4 Euros, 12 minutes from the airport). People have complained on this board about the neighborhood and the proximity of the hotel to the strip joints a few blocks away. The strip joints don't bother me. What DID bother me this trip was two 20-something women shooting up heroin just 30 paces out the front door of the hotel, wandering about in a daze while leaving their hypodermic needles lying in plain sight. Maybe the hotel staff needs to talk to the polizei about that--for my wife and I won't be staying here a third time because we're sure their pushers and pimps weren't far away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
quetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed there for two nights very good location easy to go arround as just about eight min walk away from main train station staff is just ok for europe i think its like that hotel is very clean best thing is that this is non smoking property bath rooms are very nice but i wish that they may place toilet showers bathing shower is really good AC in room is good just out side many turkish and other muslim food shops a big plus point to this hotel limited tv channels

Room Tip: any room is nice all rooms are almost same all rooms are quite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HIEXFRAAD, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor User,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us.
We are delighted to see that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed staying with us.
It is great that you liked our location and your room and that you felt comfortable staying with us.
We hope to be your hotel of choice for your future trips to Frankfurt.
Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If having not much time in Frankfurt ( about 2 nights ) , this hotel can be one of possibly best choice. It really takes 10- minute walk from main railway station to hotel. To be assumed as One good and interesting factor to choose this hotel , every room rate is provided for booking with free breakfast. The details of free breakfast will not be shown in Agoda website, but on the other hand, room rates of Agoda website will be offered as rooms with and without breakfast at the different prices. I don't know why Agoda have not been informed about this detail. For me, I firstly booked room (without breakfast) through Agoda, so price is cheaper than the one with breakfast. Upon arrival at holiday inn express Frankfurt , I have seen some notice in hotel showing that breakfast for guests is cost zero, so I rechecked with receptionist and the fact is completely right to the notice. To do like Holiday Inn Express, it's very good idea to provide for guests some easy and simple breakfast without extra charges because it actually makes guests convenient and not waste time in morning, I really like this idea because I can get ready for daily trip with easy breakfast in short time, actually I don't want big meal in morning. As to this experience, I can realize that I will in the future make booking with holiday inn as my first choice or someone can try the same as I do.
For rooms ,. Size is not big, cleanliness is so so, but not bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.
We truly appreciate your feedback and hope other travelers will benefit from your comments.
We are committed to offer comfortable accomodations and exceptional service and hope that you found this to be true during your stay with us.
It is great to see that you liked our breakfast and it is our mission to ensure that our guests have a convenient and at the same time, healthy way to start their day.
We hope we will get the opportunity to serve you again in the future, until then we wish you the best in your travels.

Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning of our European trip. Although we came off a very long flight and caught the train to the hauptbahnhof, we were still able to walk to the hotel quite easily. We were welcomed with a friendly receptionist who handled our check-in quickly and we were in our room in next to no time. Fortunately we had joined the Holiday Inn Priority Awards Program before we booked the hotel and we were given a large quiet and very comfortable room that seemed like we may have been the first guests to use it.
Breakfast wasn't the huge feast that some of the larger hotels provide but it was more than adequate to suit most tastes. Reception, except for one lady, was always friendly and helpful. There were several restaurants nearby and the one we both liked was Merkez which advertised Mediterranean cuisine and had good service at a reasonable price.
The area wasn't the best but it wasn't really in the heart of the red light district so we only saw a couple of unsavoury characters who didn't bother us anyway.
The only small negative was that they charged a nominal rate for WiFi. This was the only hotel on our European trip to do so but as so many cafes and restaurants are now offering free WiFi in Europe we didn't have much trouble staying in touch. We can only hope that the hotel realizes that charging for WiFi use is now old fashioned and alters its policy.
We would certainly stay here again for its convenience, cleanliness and great rooms.

Room Tip: Join the HI Priority Awards program before you book and request a quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for sharing your feedback with other travelers.
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and time here in Frankfurt.
We hope that we were able to exceed your expectations and encouraged you to choose our hotel in the future again.
It is also great to see that you found our location convenient for all your activities. Since we are close to the central station, you can easily get around in the city as well as taking public transportations to locations outside of Frankfurt.
Thank you for mentioning WiFi. Because of your membership with our Rewards program, Priority Club, you will soon see, that there will be no fee for you anymore. We offer our guests free WiFi, as soon as they become a GOLD Priority Club member.

We are honored by your recommendation and hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Hampton Court
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'd booked this hotel as it looked really central and was near the main station from where I arrived. I'd got a number of points on my Priority Club Card with Holiday Inn so it cost only about 45 euros, but the normal price is fairly good anyway.

The hotel is fairly new and the rooms and bathrooms clean, good size with a stylish bathroom with large shower. My room had a sofa, which would probably act as a sofabed. WiFi was only 5 euros for 24 hours, which was good value. The staff all spoke excellent English and were very helpful. Breakfast is a buffet and whilst there was no cooked breakfast there was a plentiful and good range of pastries, cereals, juices etc.

Now for the slight warning. It turns out that the hotel was in Frankfurt's red light area. It's at the nice end of a road which at the other end was a mix of bars, restaurants but also sex shops, video palaces, live sex shows and the like. There were also quite a few druggies/drunks standing in groups with a few rather sad prostitutes hanging around. That said, it seemed safe, there was a reasonable police presence and I had no worry walking down the road. I was approached by only one girl, who was begging for money. Amazingly she switched to English in an instant with her sob story but seemed happy with 5 euros and went on her way.

I mention this only if you're traveling with a young family so you can avoid the 'Daddy what's a sex hotel?' type conversation.

As a hotel, great, though you'd need to feel happy with the location. In daytime it's perfectly placed, but at night the area feels pretty seedy.

Room Tip: All rooms should be fine. There's also good security using your key card to use the lift and to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thak you very much for your very kind and honest review.
We sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel out of the numerous locations here in Frankfurt.
It's great to see that you liked our amenities, thank you for mentioning the key cards, as well as our staff, as we always encourage top notch guest service.
We are humbled by your recommendation and hope that other travelers can benefit from your comments.
We truly hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

As what the title suggests, I stayed here for a night in between my flights from Asia and to the US. Originally I planned to stay at one of InterContinental Hotel Group's/Priority Club's properties near the airport (I lean towards brand loyalty and the benefits it entails) but the idea of staying in the city itself for roughly the same rate as IHG's airport properties and the cost of transportation to get to those hotels (apparently the brand's airport properties charge for the shuttle service, admittedly something I'm not accustomed to!) made heading into the city tempting. And so I went with the HIE Hauptbahnhof. Do I regret the decision? Nope!

The walk to the hotel from the hauptbahnhof is about 10 minutes, of which you can easily scout through the plenty of restaurants that you could dine in after you check-in. It's also near the river which can make for a pleasant stroll along it's banks if you want to head towards the sights at Römerberg.

The hotel itself is almost typical for a Holiday Inn Express. The room I stayed was basic but relatively roomy(well at least enough to easily walk around without wading through luggage!), well kept, and in good condition. The room itself was in the backside of the hotel but faced a quiet row of houses so thankfully there was not much going on in terms of noise. Unfortunately for those that want to soak in a bath, the washroom had only a walk-in shower.

Breakfast is also complimentary, but don't expect a full spread that you'd see in full-service hotels. Unlike it's American counterparts, this HIE had mostly cold entrees (unfortunately their signature cinnamon rolls didn't make it across the pond either :() but was nonetheless filling.

In my experience, I thankfully didn't encounter anything sketchy while walking around, to, and from the property and by reading the other helpful reviews, I apparently missed out on the red light district!

If my budget were the same the next time I find myself in Frankfurt, I'll be tempted to return to this property!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back with the tripadvisor community we really enjoyed reading your review.
We hope you had a great stay and appreciate you choosing our hotel, as a IHG Priority Club property, for your accomodation needs.
It is nice to see that you found our location convenient for your activities.
We would definitely be honored to have you as a guest again in the future and hope to see you back in Frankfurt soon.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof? Share your experiences!