“My 1st Trip To Europe Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Frankfurt City

You added Ibis Styles Frankfurt City to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Frankfurt City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moselstrasse 12, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Bahnhofsviertel)   |
Ranked #107 of 265 Hotels in Frankfurt
Manila, Philippines
“My 1st Trip To Europe Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was my first stop for my first-one-month-backpacking Europe trip! Arrived at 5AM, and the man at the front desk was kind enough to allow and early check-in (it was a really long two days, and a really long flight). The room is plain, cute, and simple, which I loved! There's no A/C, but leave the window open and it gets pretty cold! I read complaints about the beds being too soft or the rooms being too plain, but I had no complaints whatsoever! The pillows are so soft btw, which is... Le sigh <3

The location is great! I love to walk around and explore, and everything was within walking distance - train station & shopping areas. And good thing Germany won the FIFA WC! Everyone was all smiles on my birthday ;)

The lobby is cute and cozy, and the dining area too. Breakfast starts at 6:30AM, and it's filling! The lounge is cute and colorful and the hot chocolate is to die for! They have to-go cups so I bring my last cup upstairs :P Wi-fi is free, but you need to get the code downstairs at the front desk. The elevator is small - I preferred the stairs. Oh, and there's no bidet in the bathroom (it's okay though >.< I survived, teeheehee).

Overall, I love this place, mainly because of the guy who helped us check in. I didn't get his name, but he went above and beyond our first day, and that was appreciated greatly. What a fantastic way to start my Europe trip. Thank you iBis Styles, Frankfurt, Germany for your kindness, warm hospitality, and this wonderful, unforgettable experience!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A few good stuff of this hotel:
1. Walking distance to the Hbf, U and S bahn,
2. Good variety for breakfast. You can even make your own coffee for takeover as they provide you with paper cups.
3. Chic design for their rooms, although it's just with the basic stuff.
4. Surrounded by many eating places.

Will stay again if return to Frankfurt.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Grapevine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was the first hotel my brother and I stayed at on our trip threw Europe, so with that being said, it was a bit of a shock from American hotels that we are of accustom too.

The hotel was clean and the staff was amazing. We checked in at 11am and the room was already ready for us.
The hotel is located in a great spot for tourist to get around in Frankfurt. Very close to the train station and right across the street, to the right, at the corner is an AMAZING little pub that we fell in love with.
There is also great places to get some food with in a five minute walk. There wasn't very many German food places to eat at, there where mostly Indian and Chinese spots with a few "Mexican/American" thrown in.

Inside the hotel was very very clean with new towels and TP every morning. The hotel does use the same soap for pretty much anything (hands, hair, body), there was a big squeeze bottle in the shower and at the sink that all the guest that come threw the room use. Also in the morning around 10:15am the staff starts to clean all the rooms, Which was nice but when you just want to sleep a little more it kinda sucks. The hallways are VERY load!! And the lift is supper small.
Inside the room was great, descent size and the beds where ok to sleep on. The room had an A/C unit and the window also opens up like in most European hotels. The tv was nice with mostly German channels, I believe there where two English speaking channels that happen to only be news (CNN).

My brother and I never had there breakfast nor did we take advantage of the bar located next to where you check in at.

Overall the hotel was nice, I would recommend it to most people. The reason why I'm giving it 3 (should be 3.5) stars not 5 is because the beds where not the greatest, in the room you can hear a pen drop in the hallways, and because the room was so white!! They need to add some sort of picture or color to the rooms.
But over all a nice hotel with a great location and great staff.

Stayed June 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very well located, with a big room (Me and my famili stayed at the 611), wonderful beds and a breakfast really tasty. And it was very quiet, we couldn't hear a sound from the streets.
It worth every euro spent.
The neigborhood is very well served: hauptbanhof is 2 blocks away and there are many 'kiosks' that are always open.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel is just 5min walk from the Main Station. The price quality is definitely a plus. The stuff was nice and friendly. Wifi is available for free in all the rooms. Breakfast in included and very okey for the price we paid. Infront of the hotel you can find easily taxis. Near the hotel are a lot of little turkish shops and restaurants. The "red-light" districts is a walk away...some strange people were walking late nights around there. There was also a big latino-club around the corner, for those who like to try dancing Salsa- go for it! The rooms were big, good light in the bathroom, confortable clean beds. Would def. recommend to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I paid 80€/night and this wasn't worth it at all.

Pros: nice king size bed/pillows, next to central station, breakfast ok

Cons: shabby building, unclean, mold-infested bathroom, no hot water available in rush hours, old towels, worse tv reception

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JackTrost, Manager at Ibis Styles Frankfurt City, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Cooookie,

thank you for your comments. We do our otmost to keep the problems you mentioned from occuring. Since you did not mention these problems on checking out, it is diificult for us to check some of your complaints unless we know your room number.

If you could just give us a quick note with what your room was, we can see what was wrong and of course arrange correction of the matter so that if and when you visit us the next time, it will not be a problem anymore.

All thebest,

Jack Trost
Bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked really late, ie the night before I was due to stay and found getting a room in Frankfurt was quite difficult. Paid top dollar (well euro) for a very basic hotel.
Plus points were.... reception staff polite and efficient, checking in process quick, room was ready at 2pm, wireless included (and its quick), breakfast was typical hotel buffet style but fine, room was bright and no road noise.
Bad points, hotel is not in the best part of town, drunks and druggies in the street outside (although did not cause hassle), area itself is run down, brothels (legal apparently) literally just around the corner along with sex shops, lapdancing etc. With the hotel itself the room smelt, bathroom is tidy and shower unit also small, expensive room rate.

So, hotel is basic and if you get it for a good price then its ok, for me next time in Frankfurt will book earlier and certainly choose a different part of town as I do like Frankfurt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JackTrost, Manager at Ibis Styles Frankfurt City, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Like all hotels in Frankfurt, our rates are higher during the International Fair. The rates are much more reasonable outside fair periods.

Over the past few years, the area has become the new "in" place in Frankfurt with the opening of many bistros and upperclass bars and nightplaces.

We do hope that if you come outside of fair period, you will be more satisfied with the room rates.

Jack Trost

Been to Ibis Styles Frankfurt City? Share your experiences!