“Perfect and so convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The SQUAIRE, Am Flughafen, 60600 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €93
Ranked #4 of 262 hotels in Frankfurt
Antibes, France
“Perfect and so convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is obviously convenient if you need to stay one night at the airport. But it is also really comfortable. My room was quite big, and with cute furniture that made it really pleasant. The bed was huge, I could fit in both senses. Everything was very clean and very comfortable. After a long flight, the big bathtub was really enjoyable.
The breakfast is a buffet, with a lot of diverse salty foods as well as sweet food, so you can either have a continental breakfast or an american one - or both.
Staff is really nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Betty M,
Thank you very much for submitting your great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport on TripAdvisor.
We are all overwhelmed of your kind words and are very happy that all of your expectations were met.
Thank you again from the entire Team and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Frankfurt Airport.
With best regards,

1,087 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed for 1 night on 25 Dec 2013 after a long haul flight and again for another night on 28 Dec 2013 after we returned from Florence, Italy.
The service is like before(we last stayed here in 2012). As it is located in the airport, it makes travelling by train to other parts of Germany very accessible. You can find supermarket , cafes, fast food nearby. The washer and dryer is a thumbs up especially if you need to clean up your laundry before embarking on another journey. The staff are very helpful and when we had problem printing out our train tickets (all in German), they were there to give their best and assist wherever needed. We were very grateful in this aspect. Breakfast spread are very extensive too.
This property would be the top on our list when we next touched down into Frankfurt airport and needed a transit hotel.

Room Tip: If you have laundry, inform them that you would like to stay on the floor that housed the washer and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear HCTAY,
Reviews like yours are very rewarding for us and our service at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and we would like to thank you for the time you spent to submit it here on TripAdvisor.
We very much appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our product and location in the past, present and future.
We would be very happy to be your host again whenever your travel takes you through Frankfurt Airport. Please feel free to contact us at any time giving us the chance to help with any requests or questions.
With best regards,
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Super friendly staff, clean room. Everything runs with german effiency. I had early morning flight so I didnt have time for breakfast, but assume it would have been great too. Perfect choice for 1-night stopover in Frankfurt.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sami J,
your kind and wonderful feedback is highly appreciated!
Thank you for sharing this here on TripAdvisor. I am more than happy to pass on your comments to the team and hopefully you will be our guest again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed one night here after a longhaul flight, arriving late in the evening. The location is very good. Just a few minutes walking within the airport terminal. Easy to find. Check in was fast and efficient, room on the 10th floor (10243) which was tastefully decorated, smelling really fresh and all the basic functions like lights, TV and internet are very easy to operate. Room is rather small and is close to the elevator. I thought noise might be an issue though this is not at all the case. The rooms and the hotel is very well isolated for noise. Bathroom is fine, though showering is in the bathtub (as expected in Garden Inn). I still wonder why these hotel chains are not replacing the bathtub by a shower. They would even save place.

Breakfast is very good with a good choice and all fresh and convenient. Gym is shared with the Hilton hotel and is very well equiped and stylish. All good. A bit of a walk though to get there.

The perfect stay. Just one little critic : I had to replace my room access card twice. It worked in the elevator but not for the room door.

Dear Tk100964,
We very much appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport and location.
A lot of our guests enjoy taking a bath so we keep both combined instead removing the bathtub. The noise isolation is definitely one of our many great key features and I fully agree it’s amazing that once inside the rooms you cannot hear any outside noise although being so close to the airport, motorway and even the train station.
I will happily pass on your feedback about our team members.
We are hoping that we will get an opportunity to be your host again in the near future.
With kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for work while running an event in Darmstadt, as was advised by a colleague it was more pleasant and a short drive away. Very much impressed. My last experience with the Hilton brand was....terrible. I would not have chosen a Hilton hotel again without the recommendation of my colleague, who said this was a good hotel, and it is.

Great location for the airport, clean and modern, nice sized rooms and comfy beds, helpful staff, shops and restaurants nearby. Also right on the Autobahn if you are driving.

Also price was not bad for the location and quality.

I'd stay here again quite happily.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room on the outside not the inside as the inner rooms look into a sort of covered...
Dear Owen A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I am glad you followed the recommendation of your colleague and please give our best regards and thank you to him as well.
It makes us all very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and to welcome you back to Frankfurt soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

With the unfortunate circumstances surrounding our vist, the Hilton Garden Inn at Frankfurt Airport was everything we could have asked for. My girlfriend's purse containing her passport and all other identity cards had been stolen so we had spent the day running around with all our luggage trying to do damage control and get her a passport before we were due to leave the next day. We had been at the airport to see about changing our flight and by the time we were done with that, we were exhausted and didn't want to deal with wandering around the city looking for a hotel. We found the airport HGI to be a bit pricey, but fair for a last minute airport hotel of its caliber. We were quickly checked in and even granted a late check out for free so we would have time to get back from our appointment at the US embassy. Upon arriving in our room, it was of typical Hilton standard. We both were ready to drop and immediately flopped down on the bed. That bed alone made me wish we would have another several nights to stay as it was absolute heaven. The room was very quiet and had a nice view overlooking "the square" (frankfurt's mall-like terminal containing their hotels and shops and a DB Bahn office). I made use of the phenomenal work out facilities the next day, but didn't have time to try out the steam showers. One of the unique aspects of this property is the shared amenities between the HGI and the adjacent Hilton. The Hilton houses the work out facility and the steam showers, but an HGI room key will get you past all the doors that guard it. Breakfast was too pricey, but there is a convenience store on just the other side of the terminal along with a couple eateries that offer more economical options. All in all, my only disappointment was that my stay had to come to an end. Truly an excellent property that is worth the extra money!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Peter F,
I am sorry to hear of the circumstances that brought you here but am very happy we were able to be of assistance to you and your girlfriend.
We do hope that everything turned out well in the end with the documents and that you were able to have a comfortable flight back home. Thank you so much, dear Peter F, for sharing your experience of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport with us.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back here on a planned journey or whenever you need to stay in Frankfurt again.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

For convenience only, I picked this hotel for my family and me. We were traveling between the United States and North Africa with 3 small children and my wife and I decided that a 1-night stopover would be prudent. I knew we would be tired from having already traveled across the ocean, and I was right. I didn't want to deal with a driver/taxi/shuttle between the airport and a hotel with the loads of luggage we were lugging along, so I looked for an airport hotel. The Garden Inn fit the bill. We stowed half of our luggage at the airport storage facility (as an aside, that was pricy; 7 euros per bag per 24 hours and we stored 6. We were 10 minutes late picking them up and I got slammed with another 42 euro bill) and used an airport cart to take the rest of our gear to the hotel (only 2 euros that you get back when you return the cart). The Hilton staff was very pleasant and efficient upon check-in. They were kind enough to provide us with an early check-in. We crashed for a few hours and then took the train into Old Town for dinner and a bit of sight seeing. The hotel is very conveniently located to the airport (with a little bit of walking) and public transportation (train station much closer). We got two adjoining rooms so that we could be together with our small children. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. A bit small by U.S. standards, but acceptable for our purposes. The bathroom was spotless, and the shower was heavenly. Great water pressure with seemingly endless hot water. The next morning, check out was a breeze. A complete gentleman named Temo (I forgot his last name) was exceedingly helpful. He helped us with our checkout. He taught me that there is a satellite Lufthansa check-in counter very near the hotel. How convenient! We were able to dump several of our bags early without having to haul them all the way back to the terminal. He actually used the hotel's cart and took all of our luggage over for us! He waited with us to make sure we got everything checked in. I tried to tip him, but he wouldn't allow it. Just a true gentleman who takes pride in his work and exemplifies the best in customer service. He reminded me that Hilton will always honor a second "family" room at 50% of the rate depending on the type of booking you make (government rates don't apply). But be sure to ask at the time of reservation so that you don't miss out on this kind of savings! It's not something they voluntarily offer to do. I would DEFINITELY stay here again if ever I find myself in Frankfurt for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If traveling with family, be sure to ask for the second family room discount of 50%! If it's yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
N S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear JustMyTwoCentsWorth,
Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback here on TripAdvisor.
Your praising the experience you have had at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport makes us all feel overwhelmed.
Our team is constantly striving to exceed our guests’ expectations and letters like yours show us that we are on the right way.
The team member you mention is indeed a great asset to our reception team and his dedication and great personal skill certainly have not gone unnoticed.
JustMyTwoCentsWorth, thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport in the near future for business or pleasure.
With best wishes from Frankfurt,
N.Syed

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!