“The worst restaurant I went to in Frankfurt” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bombay Palace
Darmstadter Landstr.6, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
+49 69 626310
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Frankfurt, Germany
“The worst restaurant I went to in Frankfurt”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was bad, and I am sorry that we went there.

5 of us ordered 5 dishes at prices 16-20 euros per dish. Me and my gf skipped lunch before that to be properly hungry for this dinner. I ordered a dish (mango chicken) that I always order in new indian restaurants I go to, because its my favorite dish and it was always very good to super delicious in other places I visited.

It tasted very strange, not tasty at all for me. I didn't want to eat it, so I went to try the other dishes - and they *all* tasted bad. So I ate only the rice, which also tasted below average for me, and I was really hungry. Nobody of us 5 enjoyed the food. We left 4 dished almost untouched and 1 was eaten almost whole (probably out of politeness by one of the girls or whatever).

But the unpleasantness didn't stop there - at that point I was still thinking that the problem might be in us, that we didn't taste 'real' indian food before etc.. so I thought, ok its was just some money and time lost - not a big deal.. but as time for sleeping came I noticed that my tummy feelt funny. I didn't throw up or have pains, but I did have a funny feeling in my tummy whole night which prevented me from sleeping properly. Thats when I started feeling pissed / angry. I recommend avoiding this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Berlin, Germany
“Great Indian food but at a price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Good Indian food in Germany is a difficult task to find. This is probably generally due to the culture of Germans not liking spicy food.

Here is one of the few places in Germany where you can get good and spicy Indian food, but it comes at a cost. The prices are way too high, average 2 persons will cost around €80.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“The worst place to visit in Frankfurt.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a take away order, they dropped two meals when they delivered, the food is average, small portions for too expensive rates. the owner of the place is so rude and he treats the workers there badly, we saw him shouting badly on a young lady working there. and after all he was so rude to us again when we payed the pill. this place doesn't worth to visit. Frankfurt is full of other good Indian restaurants..

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Service is very poor! Long time to get the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went there with some friends this weekend and was very busy for a Saturday.
We were a bit warned that it will take time for the food. However never expected it to come after an hour and half and hardly got any. As an indian this was shambles as it seemed that they ignored us the entire evening and didnt ask us even how the food was.
In England the service we get is around average time of 15 - 20 mins and get waitress to serve us with attention.
Avoid this if possible and take deep breath and see if there is any other indian resturant.
Pricing was exceptional high for the average food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seoul, South Korea
“It takes like forever to get food....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

It took more than 3 hours for us to get all food ready even though we just ordered a few starters and curries for each. Also the staffs was not very friendly and didn't pay much attention to the customer. The only thing not disappointed was that they served okay food. I will never go this restaurant for the rest of my life!!!

• Visited June 2013