“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bombay Palace
Darmstadter Landstr.6, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
+49 69 626310
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
San Francisco, California
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and my friends went to the Bombay Palace for dinner while visiting in Frankfurt. I must have to say that their food and beverage service is excellent and the attention and service you get from their staff is fantastic. If I ever get a chance again I would definitely re-visit this restaurant again in the future.

Me and my friends ordered different varieties of food starting with chicken tandoori, samosas, papadum's, chicken dishes, lamb dishes, fish dishes and vegetable dishes including dal. The food was "Awesome". Me and my friends had a real good time at the Bombay Palace Restaurant in Frankfurt. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family. Overall I would say that this restaurant is the best in Frankfurt that I've been to. They have excellent service and one of the best tasting Indian foods in town.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frankfurt, Germany
“Meh-Just (barely) OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I really don't get the rave reviews for this place, especially those calling it "very authentic." Have the people writing such comments ever tasted the hot, sultry subtlety of real, well-prepared Indian food? We've visited the restaurant on two occasions, once in the former location and most recently at the new location.

We began this latest meal with Keema Samosas (filled with lamb and peas) and Chicken Pakoras. Both can be sublime when done well, but here the samosas had a thick, tough, greasy pastry shell stuffed with surprisingly bland minced lamb. The pakoras were far more tasty, though they too were marred by a overly heavy and greasy gram flour coating that detracted from the appeal of the dish (the coating was so thick and tough that it had actually separated from the chicken inside!).

We fared a bit better with the mains, though not by much. I had the Punjabi Chana Massala, set to "medium" spiciness. It was tasty, though it seemed to be all heat and little flavor; the very best Indian food incorporates complex and intriguing flavors infused into the heat, but here such subtlety was lacking. Companions had the Butter Chicken, which had a very flavorful sauce but was, once again, marred by chunks of overcooked, overly-tough chicken. In this dish, the chicken should be moist and practically melt on your tongue like, well, butter, but not here. Another companion had bog-standard Chicken Tikka, which was OK but unremarkable. We ordered 3 different types of Naan bread (butter, paneer and garlic) to accompany our meal; all were colossal disappointments in that they tasted stale and their texture was tough and lifeless. In fact, I got the impression that these were not freshly prepared, but rather re-heated from earlier in the day, which is inexcusable. I absolutely adore Naan bread when done correctly, but these were practically inedible.

The service was friendly and attentive, but one gets the impression that the kitchen suffers from laziness and cut corners. Too many inadequacies in the food preparation, probably resulting from too little attention to detail on the part of the chef.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Spiced it up I guess ;-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Not a bad experience in fact quite enjoyable. Being a big lover of Indian curries I have been checking out the Inidan restaurants in Frankfurt and this is one of the better and more popular ones. In fact we only went here on the off chance and were extremely lucky to get a table. Definitely should book in advance.

We had the Onion Bhajis, the Fisk Tikka and the King Prawns Tikka and it was quite nice. The spices were hotter than other places, the rice was basic boiled white rice, the fish was a little overcooked and the king prawn tikka was excellent. They also have Kingfisher beer which was a plus.

Very nice atmosphere in this restaurant though and whilst we had the typical scene of the Indian manager screaming and shouting at the Indian chefs the waitresses managed to make it seem natural, eye-rolling it off and the service was excellent.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eschborn, Germany
“Best Indian food in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We have tried a couple of Indian style restaurants in Frankfurt and were always very pleased with this one. Excellent food quality combined with a nice patron and a nice ambience. Easy to reach but a bit hidden in a back street of Frankfurt Sachsenhausen. The food and drinks are a bit pricy but not unusual for Frankfurt and definately worth the food especially since you won't leave the place hungry. It is usually pretty crowded so I advise to call for a reservation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Me and my friends were in Frankfurt Germany on holiday, during our hotel stay we asked the bell captain for a place to eat good Indian food. They recomended The Bombay Palace. We enjoyed our evening with varity of different dishes and I have to say they were great. The staff at the resturant are friendly and charming. the owner has a charm that will want to bring you back for more. We found him to be jolly and the hospitality he gave us, was countless. After all we charmed shots from the owner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere