“Absolutely wonderful dinner! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atschel

Wallstrasse 7 | ., 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
69 619201
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,920 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
San Clemente, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely wonderful dinner! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We had read a previous review on this restaurant and knew we just had to pay a visit. We showed up with no reservation on a Saturday evening and was very lucky to get in. We got there about 5 30pm so the earlier the better. Try to make reservations as they get very busy especially on the weekend. The folks running the restaurant were very gracious to let us in. We took the servers recommendation and got the pork cheek in red wine sauce. Totally amazing. Keep in mind that the serving sizes are large. You can share them easily. The apple dessert is worth every bite! And, of course, don't forget the appelwein. It's the German tradition.

1 Thank Rob S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
“Great service and quality/price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I found this place with google maps looking for a typical restaurant and beer Keller. I had the pork ribs with sauerkraut and it was excellent! Really good service and very reasonably priced. Great atmosphere too.

1 Thank Stephen M
Brooklyn, New York
“Non-existent service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I sat down in the covered terrace outside, the waiter came, dropped off some menus and scuffled away. That was the last we saw of this waiter, who didn't even come to take our drink orders, let alone anything else!

In addition, my mom went inside and asked if they had a bathroom, where the waitress responded with an unpleasant face and shook her head! Somehow I doubt this large restaurant doesn't have a bathroom.

We waited a good 30 minutes and simply left. And I can't say that the waiter was prejudiced against Americans, especially since we thanked him in German when the menus arrived and that's all. This was my first (and not last) poor German restaurant experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy traditional food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Friendly place, remarkable as normally in Frankfurt it isn't the case. We had a delicious dinner. I asked if they could change the potatoes for spaetzle in my dish, and they said no problem! Generous portions, good prices and service. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
“Truly a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went here for lunch after a full morning. I had no breakfast and was quite hungry. Waitress was friendly,helpful and spoke english too. Ordered the Apfelwein with water which was delicious. Ordered a couple dishes. The frankfurters with kraut and the jagerschnitchzel. Both were very good and well prepared. The spatzel noodles that come with the schnitchzel are fantastic. Portions are huge. I had no breakfast and still was not able to eat all the food. Wanted to try that apple desert but just didnt have the room. Here 2 more days so probably gonna sneak back. ;) . Please go you will love it. A real German atmosphere and real German food.

1 Thank zipdip1212