“Just, quite simply, yes!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 1,742 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just, quite simply, yes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've read the reviews and I had to go; for me it was exactly what I wanted!

We were in a bar, I mentioned it to a waitress and the big cheesy grin on her face said it all; we had to go!

Bit of a trek, it was a couple of stops on the underground from the main CBD and a short walk, no problem though. It's not a fancy place, more of a 'van' but its not about sitting down for a fancy meal; this is street food at its finest.

Portions are over generous (as if this is ever a problem), the X-tra combo will satisfy the most hungry/greedy/drunken folk but (and I'm not a spice novice) go easy; this stuff is spicy. Don't go 'middle' (B,C or D), unless you're a serious chilli nutter. There's 6 levels of heat and our 'B' was pretty intense (F is for show offs, nobody could eat it unless they were being tortured or just plain crazy!). Luckily, though, they sell beer.

Oh yeah, service. The guys serving were really friendly and helpful, an utter pleasure.

Can't recommend it enough; probably worth the flight over alone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
“nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I haven't carefully read the previous reviews, so I was a little surprised when I approached a ... kiosk ... in front of which was a line of several people. A friendly guy patiently explained us all the possibilities (not too many). Then I was even more surprised by the result of the combination of some very basic ingredients...
Altogether experience was very enjoyable - and just the big enough line made ​​me quit to take a second serving!
Advice: I usually eat very spicy, this time level 2 (B) out of 8 was enough...

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty and solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place offers tasty solid unpretentious comfort food, but it's really just a take out for sausage in curry sauce and fries. Maybe because currywurst is not as common as in Berlin it's such a big deal in Frankfurt.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Best Worscht in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great lunch !! I went to the one in Wiesbaden along the walkplatz and enjoyed it very much. I was enticed to try the hot stuff but I played it safe and went for medium heat !! Very pleasant experience !! Great brats, awesome fries and free WiFi !! A travelers perfect pit stop !!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cork, Ireland
“love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was very hard for me to find.I had heard about it on tripadvisor so took a long time to find.Finally I came across this little cabin at the end of the street.this was it.Now they are known for their curry worst and it comes in so many different hotnesses.Ooh and trust me it's hot.I ate here 2 days and I stayed with the middle heat curry worst as even these were nice and spicy.very cheap and lovely food.It has it's reputation for a reason.check it out coz u won't be dissatisfied

• Visited October 2012