“Best Hotel in Frankfurt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Kennedy

You added Villa Kennedy to your Saves list
Villa Kennedy
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kennedyallee 70, 60596 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)   |
Ranked #1 of 264 Hotels in Frankfurt
Seattle, Washington
“Best Hotel in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is my second visit to Villa Kennedy. My family stayed there two years ago while on holiday and we recently spent two nights upon our arrival back in Europe. The Villa Kennedy is a great hotel and the service and rooms are superb. The hotel definitely rates a five stars.

From the moment you arrive you are surrounded with understated elegance and service. The check-in is fast and friendly to include a welcome pacakge for both of our kids -- nice touch. Additionally, the front desk staff walk you to your room and ensure that you are comfortable with the technology and features of the room. Again, a simple touch but one that is much appreciated -- especially when you are tired an jet lagged.

The rooms are spacious and well laid out. We had two connecting rooms -- a junior suite to a room with two double size beds. The rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and quiet which allow for a deep sleep as one tries to recover from international travel. The bathrooms are spacious with a separare bath and walk-in shower. I do wish they had two sinks but other than that, the rooms are great and what you would expect from a five star hotel.

The highlight of our trip though has to be Mo down in the JFK bar and terrace area. My family visited the terrace and bar on two separate occasions and Mo did a great job of welcoming us and taking care of our needs. He was genuinely friendly and personified what a great hotel should deliver to the guest. Mo is a star and made our visit special.

As for location, Villa Kennedy is in Sachsenhausen which is a quiet suburb of Frankfurt. It is located two blocks from the river Main and Museum row. Old town and city center are about a 15 minute walk from the hotel along the river --- be sure to take the second foot bridge and not the first. The second will take you to the old town while the first will drop you close to the red ligth district -- something most parents would want to avoid -- especially with children.

Bottom line, the Villa Kennedy is a great hotel that caters to business people and families. They really do live up to their motto of simple luxury. My family looks forward to our next stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for this lovely comments about your recent stay at Villa Kennedy.
We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. That's excatly what we like that our guests feel like. THANK YOU!

Please let us know when you like to visit us again we would like to assist with furter bookings.

Warm wishes

Georg Plesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Beautiful and large rooms, flawless service. Good restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Easy walk to the river and museums, reasonable walk to the major sights. Very pleasant neighborhood. The usual strong Rocco Forte standards, including nice little treats for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write such a brilliant comment about
your recent stay with us.
We are absolut delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you in the near future and wish you all the best!

Regards

Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis on business, and in my opinion it is the best hotel in Frankfurt. Great rooms, great service, and I slept really well on all occasions I have been there.

Good gym & pool, and I once had a Swedish massage which was fantastic.

Breakfast choices are very good as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

thank you ever so much for leaving this great comment - it means a lot to us.

Please let me know when you are planning to visit us and the Villa Kennedy again, I would be happy to be of your assistance.

Best wishes

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Have stayed here 10+ times and it never disappoints. Excellent meals, 1st rate spa, attentive staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

It is an absolute delight to read such lovely comments. That is exactly what we love our guest to feel. THANK YOU! It goes without saying that I am very proud of all of them!

I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us and
remain with warmest regards from Frankfurt’s Villa Kennedy

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here last weekend- 6th to 9th July and can honestly say that you will NOT regret staying in this hotel, its just AMAZING!

Location:
It is located really close to the airport (journey by taxi is just under 15mins and costs about 20Euros), the city center is easily reached by public transport which is just a few yards away or even in close walking distance when the weather is nice.

Hotel:
I have to say, the professional hotel pictures are a bit disappointing and I was skeptical at first if I would like the hotel. But when I arrived it looked totally different and it’s just blew me away. Looks so gorgeous and the entire hotel site is designed to the smallest detail using a very high standard! Also the pretty courtyard is a massive plus when being able to sit outside.

Rooms:
Nice rooms, nice duvets and sheets, decent sized bathrooms with shower and bath (10 out of 10). Sleeping comfort was great and couldn’t hear any other people in hallway or in the other rooms, which is a plus as well. Really liked that there was a small corner sofa which is a better and much more comfortable solution to the usual boring chair in other hotel rooms (There was also a desk with a normal chair). Air con was nice and quiet and also the room was located on a quiet side street, even though the tram was using that street you couldn’t hear it at all, nor feel any vibrations when a tram was passing.

Staff
Again top, top, top! They are genuinely nice and friendly. If you are know how annoying staff i.e. in America is like you will find the complete opposite here. Just normal people with a smile and great attitude without being any fake and doing everything for a tip as tips were twice denied by staff, which was a wow!!

Spa
Really nice, went for a nice relaxing massage which was great. However, I think its unacceptable to charge people extra when using the pool or wanting to go to the sauna (I think the charge is around 35 euros per person when not spending a certain amount with the Spa) . Sorry but this should be for free in my eyes when charging so much per night!

Food quality
We had twice dinner at the hotel, which was both times nice. Expected more but I was satisfied. Breakfast was great and actually haven’t seen a better breakfast for a long time!! Cocktails are fab as well!

Negative points:
- As already mentioned, the payment situation when wanting to use the pool…
- Lastly, I was a little annoyed after me wanting to eat a bite off the restaurant menu and my friend off the bar menu and the waiter told me I was not able to eat anything off the restaurant menu outside as this was served inside only on that day (the day before we were normally eating off the restaurant menu outside). Wasn’t in the mood to argue with him so had a bite off the bar menu outside which resulted in a income loss for the hotel of around 15 euro ;-) I’m sure it would not have been a huge logistical problem to serve me a plate with a meal outside, as it was only a 10-meter longer walk…

Yes, would stay here again and again! Totally great and will recommend to friends. Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Any is good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

we were absolut thrilled by your lovely feedback. Thank you ever so much for your compliments and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am very delighted to learn that you enjoyed a very pleasant stay with us and have certainly shared your feedback with the whole team which took so good care for you. We feel inspired to daily do our best to offer the warm hospitality our guests are seeking during their stays in Frankfurt.
Our spa is included for every hotel guest and there is a fee for every external guests not booked any treatment with us. I am sorry for any inconvinience this may have cased to you.

Please feel free to contact me for your future stays and I am happy to assist and send kindest regards,

Solihull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very comfortable hotel and very friendly staff.

A little bit out the city centre but a nice walk in across the bridge but easy to get to from the airport.

Some nice cafes in the area but again a bit of a walk. As we love walking this was no problem for us

Great nights sleep, the aircon is one of the most quiet I've ever had in a hotel room.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room. Large bathroom and a small sitting area make the room feel much bigger...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Your post is very motivating and inspiring. On behalf of the Villa Kennedy team I thank you for your time to share your experience.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us. Please feel free to contact us for anything which could make your stays even more comfortable.

Warmest regards from Frankfurt
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed from 1st July to the 4th July 2012 at Rocco Forte Hotel Villa Kennedy we had a great time. The hotel was first class, the staff just couldn't do enough for you. Even on my birthday they had a lovely cake for me. Thanks to everybody at rocco forte. The room was lovely the bed was so comfortable - I have a dodgy back. The breakfast was the best. the concierge helped us book our Rhine valley trip - we had a great day. The swimming pool and spa area was really nice. Its a ten minute walk from the train station/city centre. The hotel is situated in the old town, lovely and quiet away from the main busy city centre.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest

What a wonderful feedback. Thank you very much for your compliments and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am very delighted to learn that you enjoyed a very pleasant and relaxing birthday stay with us and have certainly shared your feedback with the team which took so good care for you. We feel inspired to daily do our best to offer the warm hospitality our guests are seeking during their stays in Frankfurt.

Please feel free to contact me for your future stays. I will be happy to assist and send kindest regards,

Georg Plesser

Been to Villa Kennedy? Share your experiences!