“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria i Siciliani

Trattoria i Siciliani
Walter-Kolb-Strasse 17, 60594 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Sachsenhausen-Nord)
+49 69 61993321
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 2,124 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Gluten Free, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Taste of Sicily.
Maspalomas, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thank you for a nice evening, Trattoria Team! I felt like home there... Waiters were very friendly! After wonderful meal I got offered a very good grapa and we talked about everything like good friends! I left the restaurant as the last guest... It was a real highlight on my German business trip. I ate well and had fun there.
Grazie!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pedro P

Cheshire, U.K
“a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Read great reviews and was really looking forward to a memorable meal... which it was, but for all the wrong reasons.
The swordfish with black truffle consisted of four small pieces which were overcooked and like rubber - inedible and sent back, as were the lamb chops in red wine (also sent back after one of the four chops being eaten). A pizza was then ordered, which was fine, but by that time we just wanted to leave and so asked for the bill. No charge for the fish or pizza, but lamb chops expected to be paid for. We refused and so, after some discussion, that too was taken off the bill. We of course paid in full for the starter, wine and water we had and also left a tip (the initial welcome merited that, although no attempt was made at the end to apologise or give any apology).
I understand that any restaurant would be annoyed if a guest eats virtually all their meal and THEN complains, but this was not the case.
Possibly the answer is to stick to pizza/pasta? The restaurant was certainly busy and it seemed to have a loyal (local) customer base. Saying that, a friend who has lived in Frankfurt all his life (an extensive traveller) had never heard of the restaurant...
SUCH a disappointment: perhaps a bad Saturday night?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Sheena099
“best Italian restaurant in Germany I have tried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am Italian, living in Germany for 1 year.
This restaurant is what closer I have found to a truly Italian food experience.
Tipical sicilian dishes, reasonable price, very kind service.
Well done, see you again soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Massimiliano M
Prague
“One of the best Italian pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were passing this restaurant on the lunchtime, so we came in and had a lunch, did not have to book the table. It is a small, family restaurant, the staff is Italina, very freindly and attentive.
We had home made pasta and it was delicious. The prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended to anyone who likes Italian cuisine.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jana46
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Top Top Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a table at Trattoria I Siciliani for my wife's 50th birthday on the basis of the Trip Advisor rating, we were not disappointed. A very small but homely restaurant with very attentitive staff. Food was unbelievably good, we both had two course which were both exemplary, could not fault the meal in any way, the Raviolli with truffle shavings was to die for!!!!. Have been to Italy many, many times and love the cuisine, but I have to say this was my best ever Italian meal by a mile, some doing for a small restaurant in a side street in Frankfurt. All and all the highlight of our holiday in Germany.

• Visited May 2013