“Nice hotel for the right price.” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gutleutstr. 85, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #13 of 263 hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds
“Nice hotel for the right price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a Sunday and got a good deal through Travel Republic, I'm not sure I'd pay more than 120 euros to stay here though. Rooms were small and dark, as this is the style of the hotel. It's definitely a design hotel. Some things in the room were a little tired, torn blinds and bedding, which isn't really up to scratch for a 5 star hotel. Beds were comfortable. The plastic shower base in the bathroom was very flimsy and felt like it would snap, which is something I've not experienced before. The spa was nice, but it's a shame there isn't a pool. Breakfast was pretty good, but there were no eggs and no one asked if we wanted any, there were also a lot of small black flies on some of the food which was off putting. Location was good and central. Valet parking was expensive, but efficient. Overall, I would stay again if the price was right, but had I paid more I would've given it 3 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2013
Frederik M, Leiter Front Office at Roomers, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Paul1983,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at ROOMERS.

Our bar as well as our restaurant are renowned for being one of the "hot spots" in Frankfurt not only for visitor, but equally for locals, thus being highly frequented on a daily basis. As you are an international traveler surely you can understand that due to the high demand, the quality of service we like to deliver at all times and the high-end quality of ingredients is therefore reflected in the price.

Your comments will be passed along to each department involved, and I will relay your thoughts about renovation to our upper management.

For your next visit to Frankfurt, it would be my pleasure to see to it personally that we deliver great value for money and I would be happy to make the best related recommendations in order to design your stay with us in that fashion.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to prove this to you and for future reference, feel free to contact me directly under frederik@roomers.eu

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My original hotel was overbooked, so they sent me over to Roomers.

The rooms and the layout of the hotel were wonderful. The location is convenient next to a train station with late night cafes nearby.

But unfortunately, the most basic requirements are not met, which makes this hotel worse than your typical 1-star motor hotel. I asked the hotel staff to keep my luggage in the storage room after checkout. When I came to pick it up to go to the airport, all of it was wet. Two paper bags with my purchases were completely soaked as if they were standing in 4 inches of water. A pair of shoes was destroyed. The gentleman who brought out my luggage explained "I don't know, I just came at 3 pm today, they probably stored an ice box next to your luggage. Don't worry, it's just water". And walked away.

In my 20 years of travelling and over 200 hotels from $50 to $500+/night, I have never had my luggage destroyed in a hotel. And I never had a hotel staff be so dismissive about a major problem.

Due to the my flight, I didn't have the time to call for a manager. Instead, I emailed a few hours later. 3 days passed, I still received no response.

If you value your luggage, do not stay at this hotel. If you expect some minimal respect, don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, do not have them store your luggage - their storage room is a disgrace.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Frederik M, Leiter Front Office at Roomers, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear evphan

Thank you for your feed back. All opinions are greatly valued towards the improvement of the quality of service we strive to provide to our guest at all times.

I am very sorry to hear about the incident with your luggage. This is most certainly not a norm we wish to be related to, nor has this ever happened before. I sincerely apologize for the incident that has caused the damage to your luggage and please be assured that we have taken action on the protocol and manner how such incident should be handled by our staff
We are not taking this matter lightly. Our aim is to deliver lasting and meaningful memories. Clearly, we did not manage to achieve this for you.

In order to discuss this in further detail in hope of finding a solution I would kindly ask you to reach out to me under frederik@roomers.eu

We hope that next time you visit Frankfurt, you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you and make your stay flawless.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I came upon Roomers because I needed a room close to a hotel where I was attending a 3 day conference. Although it was not cheap I was pleasantly surprised to find a room nearby my conference at a rate that was much less than other hotels. The rooms were small but convenient and a bit dark. When coming to the room I couldn't see anything and had to feel around to figure out how to get the lights to work. I had some issues with getting my luggage brought to the room after they parked my car but eventually it got resolved. I thought it liberating to find out they didn't charge for the standard albeit slow internet. I didn't use the breakfast or bar a lot because I feel the price for breakfast and drinks to be a bit inflated. I travel a lot around the globe and this is one of the most expensive places for food and drink. The staff was helpful and all of my concerns were dealt with.

• Stayed June 2013
Frederik M, Leiter Front Office at Roomers, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Business_Pete,

Thank you for your descriptive feed back. All insights and input are greatly valued and taken into consideration to constantly evolve our quality in order to meet all our guests wishes and expectations.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that all your needs were met. In hopes of your next visit with us we will be sure to accompany you to your room and give you a short orientation so you can enjoy the comforts we have to offer from the second you enter your room.

As Frankfurt is a business orientated city we pride ourselves on our central location and thus try to the best of our ability to balance our prices to suite the nature of leisure as well as business guests with the understanding that an internet connection has become an important necessity for all guests especially in a foreign country, thus we offer this perk complimentary.

Our bar as well as our restaurant are renowned for being one of the "hot spots" in Frankfurt not only for visitor, but equally for locals, thus being highly frequented on a daily basis. As you are an international business man surely you can understand that due to the high demand, the quality we like to deliver at all times is therefore reflected in the price.

Best regards

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have often traveled to Frankfurt for meetings during the day but never had the opportunity to stay over for a night. I was recommended to stay at the ROOMERS hotel as it was told it to be young and hip. Plus I liked the play on words of the hotels name. After a long day of work I made my way over to the hotel expecting just to be brought to my room. As I arrived I was excited to find an enticing lobby, very interesting designs and quite a full bar. I had heard it is one of THE place to be in the evening but didn't expect it to be this popular especially during the week. The pictures do not do it justice!

I was quickly relieved of the little luggage I had, by Frederik who was very attentive and brought me to my room in a blink of an eye. He showed me all the perks and aspects the room had to offer and answered any questions I had with ease. He even spoke English with me without my asking, as he must have realised that German is not my first language, that was a nice change.

He recommended to visit the spa, which I did. It was absolutely fantastic and re-defines relaxation!

As I rarely have the opportunity to stay over somewhere, I permitted myself a visit to their renowned bar. It met all my expectations, with a fun, diverse crowd, with skilled and friendly barkeepers, and upbeat tunes.

After a few laughs I decided to call it a night and went back to my room. As I tend to be a poor sleeper, I was pleased that the setting was darker as it was nicely mellowing and prepared me for a good nights sleep. I was slightly worried about the bed and pillows as I had read some reviews beforehand, but to my surprise, I found both to be very comfortable and cozy.

All in all, I would recommend the ROOMERS hotel to everyone and am looking forward to staying there again if I have another stay over in Frankfurt.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Frederik M, Leiter Front Office at Roomers, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear jk T,

What a wonderful descriptive review!

It is a great pleasure to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the service and hotel’s style met your expectations. Your feed back regarding the furniture and your bar experience will be passed along to the departments involved. I know they will feel honored by your kind words .

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been staying at the Roomers many times and would always recommend it for its personality. I happen to like smaller hotels and I happen not to like the average corporate business traveller (which you find at the Hilton). Spa, bar, outdoor area, breakfast, restaurant are all great and serve what I need on a business trip.
What I also like is that the Roomers offers a nice escape from the department store interiors such as in Hilton, Maritime, and the like.
Water taps could be improved, yes, apart from that, nice style and you'll find that the reception guys actually iron your shirt and organise contact lens solution for you.

Room Tip: for a short stay, any room is good. a suite is better if you have friends come over for a party, it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Frederik M, Leiter Front Office at Roomers, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Florian S,

Thank you for spreading the roomers.
It is our pleasure to have been able to accommodate you to your wishes and standards for each of your visits.
It is our mission statement to portray our self as a unique and stylish designer hotel and appreciate that you can relate to exactly this for your visits with us.

As your opinion is valuable to us, please feel free to specify your thoughts on our water taps under frederik@roomers.eu so we may take this into consideration during decision makings in respect to it.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit in Frankfurt.

Best wishes

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was unsure what to expect of this hotel. Sometimes you just don't get what a hotel promises. This was also our first visit to Frankfurt, so we has no idea where the best area to stay would be.

On top of this, it was our last night of a 4week round the world trip, so you can kind of get over staying in hotels.

We booked a select Room.

On arrival, (after a taxi ride that took us the long way €10 from the train station which we worked out was a three minute walk away) we were greeted by concierge who took our bags off our hands and we checked in with equally friendly staff. We were even offered a welcome champagne!

The room was lit really well, but you could also pull back the curtains to reveal a large length of window.

The bathroom was cleverly designed and a good size. You could even swivel the tv around if you wanted to watch tv while putting on your makeup! The toilet was separate and had it's own sink, too.

The shower...I love a rainfall shower at the best of times, but this one was Devine. Being in its own glass doomed cubicle, it didn't steam up the whole bathroom.

The wifi was easy to connect to.

After settling in, we nipped up to the 6th floor for a quick gym session. I only really use cardio equipment, but my husband uses weights and found it quite adequate for his workout. The best thing is that you look out accross the city. I was so used to basement gyms that this was a nice change.

Instead of using the spa afterward, we thought we'd go for a walk and headed towards the river, which is less than two minutes away. You can cross the bridges and head towards the museums or little bars along the river.

That night we popped up to check out the spa, which had hydro massage beds, a relaxing spa and a good steam room and sauna.

The city itself was only a short stroll away the next morning. Then when we left that afternoon, the train to the airport was literally three minutes away.

My only bad point with the hotel was the bed was a little sweaty. It seemed the mattress had some sort of coating on the under cover which was probably the cause. Nothing dramatic and didn't effect my sleep. My husband didn't like the pillows, but it wasn't enough to ruin his sleep or cause us to request alternatives. Maybe other guest should try them out before heading to sleep!

I do regret that we only had one night. Frankfurt is a lovely city and Roomers is a great hotel to stay at while visiting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kattkattkatty,

Thank you very much for your kind words and lovely feed back.

We are sorry to hear that your first experience was an unnecessary round trip through the city of Frankfurt when we can understand the first thing anyone would want is to get settled into their room after a long travel such as yours.

We are very pleased that we were able to compensate this with our accommodation and service to turn things around for you and make the last stop to your 4 week round trip one to remember. It does indeed sound like you had an amazing time and took full advantage of your one night here in Frankfurt!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you to ROOMERS again in near future and we will be certain to modify the bedding to your liking for this occasion.

We hope you made it home safely and would like to thank you once more for spreading the "Roomers"

Best regards

Anna Ortwein
Guest Relations
Rimini, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Been in Frankfurt over a weekend in April and honestly I decided to stay at Roomers based just on its sleek design.
The hotel was surprisingly good, I found it brilliant. If you're into this kind of architecture and if dark hallways and rooms are not a problem for you, then you'll love it!
Location is great: the main station is just around the corner, and central Frankfurt is walking distance.
Check-in and check out were smooth, we were even offered a glass of sparkling wine at the desk.
Our room (which was overlooking the street) was big enough, clean, with a stylish decor and a nice bathroom with a fab walk-in shower. Also found the bed really comfy, but as someone else already said here on TA, pillows are awful. They look good on the bed, but they're terrible for sleeping.
WiFi is free all over the building and that's a nice touch.
We did try their infamous bar on the ground floor: it was more tiny than expected but the atmosphere, the drinks and the people were great.. it was such a fun night! Maybe not the best place if you don't smoke as almost everyone was smoking, so you'd better consider this if you're planning a visit to this bar.
Such a pity I couldn't try their SPA.. it looked beautiful and I would have loved to spend some time pampering in there!

So, based on my experience, if only I had the chance to return to Frankfurt I would definitely come back to Roomers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear interpol81,

Thank you for spreading the “Roomers”. You hit the nail on its head with your description of the design and style that we represent. We are modern, stylish and unique and if one prefers more traditional hotels then ours is probably going to take an open mind!

Our bar is a hot spot in Frankfurt and due its size and popular demand, as most places in Europe, was voted to be smoking.

Once again we thank you for your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon in our hotel as well as our spa.
We would love to pamper you!

Best wishes,

Anna Ortwein
Guest Relations

Been to Roomers? Share your experiences!