“Roomers surprised me!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 263 hotels in Frankfurt
Rimini, Italy
“Roomers surprised me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Been in Frankfurt over a weekend in April and honestly I decided to stay at Roomers based just on its sleek design.
The hotel was surprisingly good, I found it brilliant. If you're into this kind of architecture and if dark hallways and rooms are not a problem for you, then you'll love it!
Location is great: the main station is just around the corner, and central Frankfurt is walking distance.
Check-in and check out were smooth, we were even offered a glass of sparkling wine at the desk.
Our room (which was overlooking the street) was big enough, clean, with a stylish decor and a nice bathroom with a fab walk-in shower. Also found the bed really comfy, but as someone else already said here on TA, pillows are awful. They look good on the bed, but they're terrible for sleeping.
WiFi is free all over the building and that's a nice touch.
We did try their infamous bar on the ground floor: it was more tiny than expected but the atmosphere, the drinks and the people were great.. it was such a fun night! Maybe not the best place if you don't smoke as almost everyone was smoking, so you'd better consider this if you're planning a visit to this bar.
Such a pity I couldn't try their SPA.. it looked beautiful and I would have loved to spend some time pampering in there!

So, based on my experience, if only I had the chance to return to Frankfurt I would definitely come back to Roomers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear interpol81,

Thank you for spreading the “Roomers”. You hit the nail on its head with your description of the design and style that we represent. We are modern, stylish and unique and if one prefers more traditional hotels then ours is probably going to take an open mind!

Our bar is a hot spot in Frankfurt and due its size and popular demand, as most places in Europe, was voted to be smoking.

Once again we thank you for your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon in our hotel as well as our spa.
We would love to pamper you!

Best wishes,

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I try to be positive when reviewing, but with Roomers, I'm just left feeling a bit disappointed. It should have been a great stay, but it was just average... I don't expect much from Frankfurt, but when the hotel looks so cool, claims to offer so much, I had really high expectations that weren't met.

There are lots of positives about the hotel: it is a stylish hotel with well maintained public areas; the location is great for the station and central Frankfurt; the showers are lovely and the internet is free. In theory, I should be really positive about this hotel as it ticks all my boxes for what I'm looking for in a hotel, it's just all the minor (and I realise they are indeed minor) points that left me feeling disappointed by the hotel. I may have just been unlucky, but it was a sequence of events that build up in a bigger bad picture.

Check in was fine and the receptionist was lovely. I arrived at midday, when check-in is at 3pm. I don't expect a room free immediately, but I had to wait until 2pm for a room... which I suspect wasn't the one I booked (my reservation said "queen bed", but I got a single...). I've never been in a hotel where I've had to wait 2 hours for a room - usually they get the staff to make the room and it's about a 30 - 40 minute wait. I had to chase the room or they would have left me waiting all afternoon.

The room itself, as I say, is nice. However, there was no hand soap provided (I asked, just shower gel) and having used all the products, they weren't replaced the following day. I had a dribble of shampoo left - not sure what the cleaner thought I could do with that. I asked for more and from the tone of the staff member, I felt as though I'd asked for the impossible... they did arrive promptly though (albeit without a smile). Given the price, it seems incredibly mean to limit the products like this. I stay in hotels pretty much weekly in Europe and most items once they've been opened are replaced / topped up.

The bed is comfortable, but the pillow was awful. I think other people have complained on here, they really should just be replaced with ordinary pillows. When I got in from my meetings late at night, the last thing I want to complain about is a pillow. On this occasion, I didn't.

Annoyingly, in my room on the first floor you can 'feel' the music. It's sort of a bass noise that you can't quite hear, but is present in the background. Again, not loud enough to complain about but nevertheless an annoyance.

Finally, I had a rate that was exclusive of breakfast. At €29 for breakfast it was too expensive even for my generous expense account. Even in Paris, I've paid less for a buffet breakfast.

It's a nice hotel and I'm sure if you get a nice room, you'll love it. I'm sad to say, I didn't. Next time, I think I'll just go the Pure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear rrp20,

Firstly we would like to thank you for your time and input, all feed back and notions for improvement are greatly appreciated.

As you have pointed out ROOMERS is renowned for its unique, fresh style and thus popular with hip and regular business travelers such as yourself.

Upon your arrival, we were faced with the majority of our staff being occupied with the finalisations of an exhibition which unexpectedly surpassed its duration and therefore threw our otherwise well - planned schedule off course. Nevertheless, we by no means intended for this to be an excuse, nor is this a norm, we understand the value of first impressions and would most certainly wish for you to give us a chance to prove it to you.

Our l'occitane amenities are meant to allow our guests to feel pampered and comfortable, they are regularly not handled scarsely. Your experience has been forwarded to the respective department, who will ensure to be more cautious and precise in this respect.

Our bar is known as one of the hotspots in Frankfurt and enjoyed not only by our guests but equally as much by locals. We take great care in keeping the atmosphere as enjoyable as well as respectful to all our clientele as best we can.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for these series of inconveniences and with the valuable feed back you have given us, we would like to ask you kindly for a chance to prove to you that your initial expectations are those we strive to meet.

Please feel free to contact me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu it would be my pleasure to handle the preparations for your next visit personally.

Best Regards,

Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

That was the best hotel I've ever been to! Design of the hotel is impressive. Everything is perfect and look awesome. Breakfast is very tasty. Room is incredible, it is something completely differnt than in the other hotels. Bar is outstanding. Staff there and music are doing great job and the choice of good alcohols and drinks is unprecedented. It is hard for me to find words to describe this hotel. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Michal S.,

Thank you very much for you lovely Feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Such great feedback is definitely a pure motivation for the whole staff
Should you like to stay with us again on your next visit to Frankfurt, it would be our pleasure to offer you a special something. Therefore you just need to contact me directly.

Regards from ROOMERS,

Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's my second time at Roomers and again I have found it wonderful. Maybe I can start from few negative aspects: in the rooms the wooden floor is crawled, the base of the shower is shaky and the bathroom faucets are not in perfect conditions (even if very nice and expensive models). Stop...... All the other aspects are perfect, expecially the breakfast and the spa. The atmosphere that you can find in this hotel, as at The Pure, is charming, different and unforgettable. It means a very good place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ab69,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments.
As well, we are not perfect and try to repair the nagged things you suggested.

We are glad that you had a great time and like the special atmosphere.
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday. Feel free to contact me via guestrelation@roomers.eu for your next stay.

Greetings from ROOMERS,

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

mid-high 5star hotel, located close to the hauptbahnhof (central station). rooms are ok, bit to dark.
house-keeping service was awful. ordered a shower cap 2 times by phone, nobody came.
breakfast was nice as well as the bar.
in summary i would come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear ashkankey,

thank you for your Feedback and for taking the time for sharing your experience.
Indeed, our design color concept is mainly dominated by dark colors - which is of course subjective to each person's taste.
The shower cap is in the box on the sink. I am Sorry that nodbody came to your room and gave you a new one.

I hope to welcome you as our guest again.
Please contact me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu.

Best regards,
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2013. The front doors of the hotel are always closed and are a little imposing on arrival, to the point we weren't sure what to do, until the doormen opened them for us. The check in process was easy, they were able to check us into our room early without issue. The room was a standard with a king size bed, the size of the room was pretty small but typical of European hotels. The dark furnishings are nice to look at but after a while you tend to feel a little closed in, especially as the whole hotel runs with this theme.

Bathroom - small, but with plenty of space for your toiletries on the vanity, the shower was a little pokey but good water pressure, only problem being that due to the design of the drainage, we found the water tended to end up outside the shower, right in the walkway. They have loccitane toiletries, very nice.

Room - We consider ourselves to be up with it in relation to technology, but found the lighting controls to be too much like hard work! I'm still not sure we were using the controls correctly, but overall it really shouldn't be that hard to turn your lights on and off! On a positive note, there is fee wifi.

Bedding - hated the pillows! The only pillows on the bed where very soft downy European style pillows (large square) and these were really difficult to sleep with! We did not request anything different though, so not sure if anything else is available.

Restaurant - waitstaff were lovely, food was pretty good but expensive, as is normal with most hotel restaurants. We chose to eat off the casual menu, however there was a more upscale alacarte menu that was more expensive.

Bar - I enjoyed the bar despite the fact it was a smoking bar. Free canapés and table service, lounge style music and nice staff. Our room was positioned directly above the bar - despite my request during booking for a room on a higher level specifically to be away from the bar as I am a light sleeper - however I didn't find the noise from the music too much of a disruption. There was some heavy base getting through later into the night but not enough to keep me awake.

Gym - small but with a good variety of cardio equipment, a pretty heavy duty all in one gym machine and free weights. No one was ever there when we went there, so it's quiet too, and being on the top level has a nice wall of windows to look out at the view.

We paid a fair bit for this hotel, more than I felt was warranted but I later found out there was a large convention on during our stay and prices are usually inflated when this happens. It has all the amenities you need, is clean and neat, and has a certain style that will appeal to those liking something different with a boutique/design feel. It's also not far to walk to the shopping precinct and the old town, plus close to the train station. I'm not sure we would stay here again but that is more due to personal taste then anything being wrong with the hotel itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sarah W.,

Thank you so much spending your time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at ROOMERS.
I will certainly share your comments with our team.

The lighting system is pre-programmed with different settings; for example a make-up or shaving light in the bathroom area and a reading light in bed area. From the light panel you could also either turn on the light very bright or dim it according to your mood. I do apologize if you were not informed about this upon check-in.

We also have other pillows in the hotel, if you give us a call next time we provide you pillows which are a bit tighter.

We´re also glad, that you spent a lovely evening in our Restaurant and the ROOMERS Bar.
You have to come back in summer, the outdoor area is so gorgeous.

It would be great to have you again at ROOMERS, should you visit Frankfurt again in the near future. Therefore please be so kind to contact me directly should you wish to book a room, in order for me to take care of the necessaries personally.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Frankfurt for a project and stayed here for a month. This stylish hotel was one of the best ones I have stayed in Frankfurt. The whole hotel is designed with black colors and furniture which creates dazzling and stylish design. The rooms are spacious and cozy with great details that makes life easier for you. The breakfast is perfect. The restaurant is another thing that I should praise. The quality of food served is perfect. The hotel is very close to the main train station and is right in the center of the city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Zrh Worldtraveller,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We glad you like the style and concept and enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon and send you our best wishes,

Guest Relations

Been to Roomers? Share your experiences!