“Go!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Barcelona
“Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's my second time at Roomers and again I have found it wonderful. Maybe I can start from few negative aspects: in the rooms the wooden floor is crawled, the base of the shower is shaky and the bathroom faucets are not in perfect conditions (even if very nice and expensive models). Stop...... All the other aspects are perfect, expecially the breakfast and the spa. The atmosphere that you can find in this hotel, as at The Pure, is charming, different and unforgettable. It means a very good place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ab69,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments.
As well, we are not perfect and try to repair the nagged things you suggested.

We are glad that you had a great time and like the special atmosphere.
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday. Feel free to contact me via guestrelation@roomers.eu for your next stay.

Greetings from ROOMERS,

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

mid-high 5star hotel, located close to the hauptbahnhof (central station). rooms are ok, bit to dark.
house-keeping service was awful. ordered a shower cap 2 times by phone, nobody came.
breakfast was nice as well as the bar.
in summary i would come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear ashkankey,

thank you for your Feedback and for taking the time for sharing your experience.
Indeed, our design color concept is mainly dominated by dark colors - which is of course subjective to each person's taste.
The shower cap is in the box on the sink. I am Sorry that nodbody came to your room and gave you a new one.

I hope to welcome you as our guest again.
Please contact me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu.

Best regards,
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2013. The front doors of the hotel are always closed and are a little imposing on arrival, to the point we weren't sure what to do, until the doormen opened them for us. The check in process was easy, they were able to check us into our room early without issue. The room was a standard with a king size bed, the size of the room was pretty small but typical of European hotels. The dark furnishings are nice to look at but after a while you tend to feel a little closed in, especially as the whole hotel runs with this theme.

Bathroom - small, but with plenty of space for your toiletries on the vanity, the shower was a little pokey but good water pressure, only problem being that due to the design of the drainage, we found the water tended to end up outside the shower, right in the walkway. They have loccitane toiletries, very nice.

Room - We consider ourselves to be up with it in relation to technology, but found the lighting controls to be too much like hard work! I'm still not sure we were using the controls correctly, but overall it really shouldn't be that hard to turn your lights on and off! On a positive note, there is fee wifi.

Bedding - hated the pillows! The only pillows on the bed where very soft downy European style pillows (large square) and these were really difficult to sleep with! We did not request anything different though, so not sure if anything else is available.

Restaurant - waitstaff were lovely, food was pretty good but expensive, as is normal with most hotel restaurants. We chose to eat off the casual menu, however there was a more upscale alacarte menu that was more expensive.

Bar - I enjoyed the bar despite the fact it was a smoking bar. Free canapés and table service, lounge style music and nice staff. Our room was positioned directly above the bar - despite my request during booking for a room on a higher level specifically to be away from the bar as I am a light sleeper - however I didn't find the noise from the music too much of a disruption. There was some heavy base getting through later into the night but not enough to keep me awake.

Gym - small but with a good variety of cardio equipment, a pretty heavy duty all in one gym machine and free weights. No one was ever there when we went there, so it's quiet too, and being on the top level has a nice wall of windows to look out at the view.

We paid a fair bit for this hotel, more than I felt was warranted but I later found out there was a large convention on during our stay and prices are usually inflated when this happens. It has all the amenities you need, is clean and neat, and has a certain style that will appeal to those liking something different with a boutique/design feel. It's also not far to walk to the shopping precinct and the old town, plus close to the train station. I'm not sure we would stay here again but that is more due to personal taste then anything being wrong with the hotel itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sarah W.,

Thank you so much spending your time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at ROOMERS.
I will certainly share your comments with our team.

The lighting system is pre-programmed with different settings; for example a make-up or shaving light in the bathroom area and a reading light in bed area. From the light panel you could also either turn on the light very bright or dim it according to your mood. I do apologize if you were not informed about this upon check-in.

We also have other pillows in the hotel, if you give us a call next time we provide you pillows which are a bit tighter.

We´re also glad, that you spent a lovely evening in our Restaurant and the ROOMERS Bar.
You have to come back in summer, the outdoor area is so gorgeous.

It would be great to have you again at ROOMERS, should you visit Frankfurt again in the near future. Therefore please be so kind to contact me directly should you wish to book a room, in order for me to take care of the necessaries personally.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Frankfurt for a project and stayed here for a month. This stylish hotel was one of the best ones I have stayed in Frankfurt. The whole hotel is designed with black colors and furniture which creates dazzling and stylish design. The rooms are spacious and cozy with great details that makes life easier for you. The breakfast is perfect. The restaurant is another thing that I should praise. The quality of food served is perfect. The hotel is very close to the main train station and is right in the center of the city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Zrh Worldtraveller,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We glad you like the style and concept and enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon and send you our best wishes,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is definitely my favorite hotel choice in Frankfurt. Stylish and inviting a trendy clientele, that enjoys lifestyle, chic environment and a good service standard. What convinced me at the Roomers is the responsiveness and friendliness of the staff (not always the case in this type of hotels). The rooms are pretty spacious, beds are excellent – just the dark bathrooms have been designed with the motto – design over functionality. But this is a minor little detail… great bar, excellent breakfast and surprisingly well equipped small spa (check the massage beds).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ZrhWorldtraveller,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have indulged yourself in the inviting and seductive surrounding of the Roomers!
This is the feeling we want to give our guests.
It would be great to meet you one day in person therefore it would be good if you would get in contact with me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu.
We looking forward to welcome you again and till then, don´t forget “ Spread the Roomers!”.

Best wishes,

Londond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a design hotel, and it seems black is hip -so it's quite dark inside but in a clean, streamlined and funky fashion. So best to avoid if you're looking for carpets, armchairs and in general if you're over 50.
The bathrooms are great -spacious, waterfall jets and of course black tiles-, there's WiFi, the breakfast are good as usually in that class of hotels in Germany.
And when you're done with email, the bar is pretty hip too, generally attracts beautiful people from around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Ludovic Windsor,

thank you for taking time to reflect your stay at the ROOMERS.
We are pleased that you like the modern design of our hotel.
Did you recognize the homelike chimney-area in the lobby or the
comftable seatings in the skylounge on the 6th floor?

We hope to welcome you again, maybe for an overnight, a drink
in the bar or the breakfast in our restaurant - or all this together? ;-)

Best regards from ROOMERS

Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I usually love very modern hotels, which is what the Roomers is, but it is a bit dark for my taste and lacks character other modern hotels have. Everything is black, the desks, chair, lamps, curtains, closets, counter tops, and everything else. The only thing that is not black is the bedding, which is stark white, but very nice by the way. The bed is extremely comfortable, although I find it strange that there are 2 small single duvets on the king size bed, instead of one large one. This seems to be normal for Europe, but I would have preferred 1 duvet. Floors are dark wood, which I usually like, but it adds to the darkness of the room. The bathroom (if you can call it that) is very strange. The sink is literally in the room and the bath tub is encased, meaning three walls surrounding it and a glass door to get in. There is a big "step" to get into the tub, which is quite dangerous and not ADA friendly. Even for non ADA guests, it is scary. The tub is very slippery and since the step is quite high, and the tub quite deep, you can really hurt yourself when you are trying t get in the bath tub. Also, even though I liked how deep the tub is, it is too long so you can only sit in the bath if you are 5'5" or shorter. I tried to lay down but my toes did not reach the end so I would have drowned. I don't think I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear jsklnknbrg,

first of all I want to thank you for the positive feedback concerning the convenient beds at the ROOMERS. Your assumption relation to the duvet is right, this is part of the european standard.
Of course we are aware of the fact that the dark furniture is not after everybodys fancy but this style is part of the ROOMERS-concept.

As well as the extraordinary composition in the bathrooms.
We feel very sorry for the problems you had to get in the bathtube.
In case we are not fully booked our guests can choose between different types of bathrooms. We also offer rooms with showers instead of bathtubes.
Unfortunately we did not know about the situation otherwise we would have offered you an other room.
To bad!

Whether you decide for a further stay in our house, I would personally attend to offer you an appropriate room.

Just do your next booking directly via guestrelation@roomers.eu and I will take care of your wishes.
We hope to convince you with this from our ROOMERS-concept and hope to welcome you again!

Best wishes,

Guest Relations

Been to Roomers? Share your experiences!