“Different to your normal 5* hotels but very nice” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gutleutstr. 85, 60329 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany   |
Ranked #16 of 262 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newark, United Kingdom
“Different to your normal 5* hotels but very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at Roomers twice over the past few months (8 nights total) and after my first stay I was not convinced as the hotel is very dark and I also had some problems with housekeeping (they were cleaning my room 2 nights in a row at 6pm when I had returned from work and had to wait in bar!). After my second stay I had a chance to discover more of the hotel and it really grew on me. The spa on the top floor was always quiet and very relaxing to lie in the jacuzzi and watch the sun go down and the ambient lighting take over. The bar serves snacks whilst having a drink up to around 8pm which was nice. Again my second visit was better than the first when service was lacking and could end up waiting a long time to get a drink. I have only eaten in the restaurant once but the food was to a very high standard and would definitely eat there again. All in all I would say that this is the best 5* hotel in Frankfurt that I have stayed at (have stayed at 3 others).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Capital of the World
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dark and modern are two words that pop in your mind once entering Roomers in Frankfurt. Rooms are same, but have everything you'll ever need in a hotel room.
The spa area on the top floor is the absolute super asset of this place. What a magnificent piece of design. It also has cool features as free massage beds, crazy stone baths and a great cool off outside balcony.
Cocktails in the bar are the bomb. Ask them to pimp one up for you from scratch, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

...........instead of kip I got bounced into down the road. Did spent evening in it's chic bar though drinking (reasonably priced) cocktails and beers and smoking their Cuban cigars in the bar (a rare threat to be allowed do so) and they too were reasonably priced. (€20 for a Churchill which was in mint condition). ..............oh yes, and all teh bar and hotel staff I met were incredibly friendly, polite and interesting to talk to also..........If I'm ever forced to go back to Frankfurt (and I'll have to be) I'll be staying here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Roomers Hotel for 3 nights in October as I was taking part in the Frankfurt marathon.
The hotel is situated about 3 minutes walk from the main train station (although not the easiest to find). If you exit the station at the front, to the right of the Irish pub O’Reilly’s you will see the Hotel Savoy. Take this street – keep walking for a minute or 2 and you’ll see Hotel Roomers.
I e-mailed the hotel the night before we arrived to let them know we would be getting to the hotel around midday and to request an early check-in. Martin on the front desk replied very swiftly, saying that they would do their best but could not promise.
We arrived on Saturday 27th October at around 11:30. The hotel, as described in previous reviews, is very dark, beautiful and luxurious looking. We were told the room was not yet ready and offered a drink and to use the spa while we waited. We accepted the gorgeous orange juice and headed off to the Marathon Mall in the Messe (about 15 minutes walk). Upon our return at about at 14:45 we were told our room was still not ready. Eventually at 16:00, an hour after the official check-in time and after checking with the front desk a further 3 times, we were told our room was ready. I was pretty furious at this point having travelled through the night and not slept at all and with the prospect of running the marathon the following day. Whilst very apologetic, it did not seem to occur to the staff at the hotel to offer us any compensation, even after they admitted that the reason our room was not ready, was because they had “sold” a late check-out to another customer!! But after we pointed this out, we were phoned in our room and told that we would be offered complimentary breakfast for the duration of our stay. The breakfast buffet was very nice although definitely not worth 29 Euros each! Service at breakfast was excellent.
The rooms are very beautiful although at times a little too dark. Nice L’Occitane toiletries in the bathroom. A little off putting was the fact that the partition of the toilet into the room was made of only partially blacked out glass. Despite the fact we were 2 people booked into a double room, there was only one dressing gown and one pair of slippers, so when we wanted to use the spa, we had to call down for an additional set. On the first occasion these arrived within 2 minutes. The second day we had to request the same thing, it took 2 calls and nearly half an hour.
The spa is great and included in the price of the room. There is a lovely whirl pool, sauna and steam room. My favourites were the water massage table and the beds of warmed glass beads. There was also a reasonably well equipped gym.
On our last night we decided to have a drink in the hotel bar which was always busy. The service was good but the room was very smoky. Very annoyingly, we realised when it was too late, we had been substantially overcharged for our drinks.
The complimentary WiFi available both in the lobby and rooms, was ok but not high speed. You could however, pay for higher speed internet access.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We found recommendation of that hotel in the Trip advisor. The dark decoration/architecture is really something special (we liked it although there might be people who won't like to stay in dark places). It has a SPA and tranquility space on the 6th floor which we found very good. It is located within 10 minutes walk to the main train station which connects to all Europe as well as to the city center - Excellent! It is also located 5 minutes walk to the Main river promenade - Very pleasant. Since we heard through the Trip advisor, that hotel has a noicy Bar parties, we booked 5th floor room which in spite of being facing the Bar (which has uncovered part) we did not suffer of the noise (we stayed there for four nights).

Room Tip: Since we heard through the Trip advisor, that hotel has a noicy Bar parties, we booked 5th floor roo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked and paid up for a superior double room for two nights in march - 6 mths ahead- for sgd390/night.

We found the hotel after about 15 min walk from frankfurt hbf cantral railway station(we got lost, it was night, dark, raining). Warning: the hotel is stylishly dark.

We were warmly greeted by tall handsome blond chap who spoke In english. We were offered a sparking wine and given a useful brief of the area.

The room was styled in black and white. Lots of black. Loccitane shower gear:) stylish shower area and toilet bowl, large mirrors.

We returned after an excellent dinner at apfelwien Wagner (walk half hour across river) and found our room thumping to the beats from the bar on ground floor below. The floor was vibrating.

Called Reception, who said sorry, there were no rooms available for a swap. He would ask dj to lower volume. Music would stop by 3am. Said he would look into a swap for our next night. Asked if he Could offer us a drink?

Dissatisfied, disbelieving, I pulled up roomers on the www ( free wifi) and found that rooms were available for booking! Down I went to the front desk.

He said there were no rooms available. What I saw on internet wasn't updated. He then said " I have four rooms and four arrivals. It's full. I'm sorry"

So I said "since your arrivals aren't here, you can swap us to one of their rooms."
He checked and said only 103 is available. He asked us to check and we found it very quiet- this is above restaurant.

So it was a swap.

(but I was thinking: why did I have to go downstairs? Why did I have to ask? Why were we given this room when we came earlier than these folk?? When I booked 6 mths in advance, paid a rate higher than the going rate on the day itself??)

And we can hear footsteps above us, and doors slamming( they can't be closed normally)

In summary, we r ambivalent about this hotel. It's very stylishly designed and fitted. But unless it shuts room 122, it's treating one customer unfairly.

• Stayed September 2012
zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If u arrive in Frankfurt by train and you are looking for a well priced cool hotel nearby, this is the one. I have been quite often in Frankfurt but this looked fantastic. Rooms have a cool modern decor, breakfast is gigantic and great for German Standards. Service is impressive (German concierge smiling.. wow..) and even the restaurant is great. So a must for me when i go back for business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Roomers? Share your experiences!