This is a tired hotel - where management are evidently more concerned with profit than service to the customer. I expected more from Maritim brand.
It has all been said by others but in summary:
1) Having unpacked my luggage, was disturbed by a freight train passing by. Was then told by reception that a 'Comfort Room' - ie. on the other side of the hotel - away from the railway line would cost € 15 - as a good night's rest is the most important for me in a hotel - I accepted this surcharge - alternative would have been changing hotel - which in retrospect, I should have done!!
As a service to guests, I would expect to be offered the alternative of "Comfort" v "Noisy" room upon arrival.
2) Both rooms had chairs which when you sit on them you hang through - very uncomfortable - reception had chair replace from restaurant.
3) Internet charges quite unreasonable - fortunately I have alternative - ie. 3G.
4) Breakfast at € 18 for a light-eater is expensive - if you missed evening meal - and like to eat for the day - then good selection.
5) Bar atmosphere was OK - until smokers arrived. The notice on the door about it being a smoking bar was then pointed out to me - and the alternative suggested either sit in the lobby or go over to the restaurant.
I, for one, will avoid Maritim in the future - and would recommend Tripadvisor users to read reviews before booking.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Rhein Main Darmstadt
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Maritim Rhein-Main Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.