“Good Food, Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 294 Restaurants in Darmstadt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It is one of the finest Italian food I tasted in Darmstadt and the staff were very friendly. They translated the menu in English to me and helped to make good choice of the menu. Good portions and it made for a good dinner. I will go back to them on my next visit to Darmstadt.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“my Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I come to Darmstadt I try to find time for dinner at da nino. The athmosphere, the friendly staff and the really good food immediately puts me in a relaxed mood and let's me enjoy my dinner. if you travel to Darmstadt vist da nino.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

All food I had was home made and delicious. Great service. Impressed. Will be back. Sit in the outside garden in the back. It's lovely.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Looking for disappointing Italian? Look no further.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Italian restaurants in Germany have made colossal jumps in quality in the past 10-15 years but Da Nino seems to be stuck in the past. On a recent visit with colleagues we had some OK antipasti and disappointing pasta and meat mains from the tired outdated menu, prepared from average quality ingredients (supermarket quality gnocchi anyone?). This, together with a wine list depressing for how predictable and small it is, should be enough to encourage you to go elsewhere ( some great Italian is only a few blocks away).... unless 90's mitteleuropean version of Italian is what you crave for, in which case this is perfect.

P.S. none of us had pizza which seems the one dish other reviews rave about, so possibly that is da Nino's saving grace, although without direct experience I cannot say.

Visited April 2013