Well, if I had read my former review before coming back to Sofitel, I wouldn't have been surprised that it wasn't possible to boil a cup of tea at the room - but I didn't (lesson learned).
Further, apparently I was upgraded last time, because the room I had this time didn't have a coffee maker either (apart from that I don't remember any difference of the rooms) so no coffee or tea at the small balcony that characterizes many (if not all) of the rooms facing the canal. The room had free - but very slow - wifi. The bathroom had separate shower and bathtub.
Really not much else to say about this stay: A 5-star hotel without big surprises in any directions.
Would I come back? Not sure, but at least next time in Hamburg, I will try something different.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall Hotel Hamburg
- Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall Hotel
- Accor Hamburg Alter Wall
- Sofitel Hamburg
- Hamburg Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall welcomes you in the heart of the Hanseatic city. Between the famous harbour and the town hall, only 1 km from the central railway station and 17 km from the airport, Hanseatic elegance meets French savoir vivre. Clear linesand light characterise our 241 rooms and 19 function rooms. Make the most of our exclusive spa area or enjoy refined Mediterranean cuisine in our modern restaurant with views over the Alster canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.