We only had one night in Hamburg so having a hotel in a great location was essential. This hotel is perfect for exploring the city and the shops! All within walking distance. Shopping is ridiculous. Soooo many shops.
Some really nice restaurants, cafes, bars right by hotel.
Reception staff were very helpful.
Room was on the small side. With luggage it was even smaller! Nice view of canal. Small balcony. Big bathroom. Bath and separate shower etc.
If you want English speaking TV channels there are LOADS!
Gym/Spa on top floor. Basic items and the bike wasn't working.
We ate breakfast at the hotel and as always with Sofitel it is very expensive and not great. There's loads of continental options but not a lot more.
Anyway would definitely stay again and Hamburg was lovely. Surprisingly lovely.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall Hotel Hamburg
- Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall Hotel
- Accor Hamburg Alter Wall
- Sofitel Hamburg
- Hamburg Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall welcomes you in the heart of the Hanseatic city. Between the famous harbour and the town hall, only 1 km from the central railway station and 17 km from the airport, Hanseatic elegance meets French savoir vivre. Clear linesand light characterise our 241 rooms and 19 function rooms. Make the most of our exclusive spa area or enjoy refined Mediterranean cuisine in our modern restaurant with views over the Alster canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.