“Good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of NH Hamburg Altona

You added NH Hamburg Altona to your Saves list
NH Hamburg Altona
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stresemannstr. 363-369, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany (Altona-Altstadt)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #71 of 317 Hotels in Hamburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Piracicaba, SP
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good option for a good value. If you are not looking for luxury but just a place clean to rest and shower this is it. Good front desk, good room, good cleaning, towel, toiletries, bedding etc basic. Good breakfast. With a bus you can reach the train station easily, internet- free. No problems. The only thing I missed was a safety box in the room... Maybe Hamburg is a safer place then we are used to...???

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

very easy to reach from the airport. parking is easy, room is big. breakfast is good but took 1/4 of room charge. Did not use phone, and TV, and general speaking it is a nice stay for my business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel. Although the standard was very good in some areas, in others it was appalling. I got very rude treatment in the bar. When I asked reception for a complaint form, they had no such thing, and they did not offer any alternative means to complain. I therefore wrote to their Head Office, only to receive the response that they could not read my handwriting and I should 'phone. Totally unacceptable customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
So Cal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rooms at this hotel are a cross between a Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express – VERY basic.

While the room was clean and with really no functional problems, my biggest issue is the way they charge for internet usage.

So get this. I have a laptop, iPad and iPhone. I connected all three of my devices to the internet each day. I didn’t know they were going to charge me for all three devices, at 6.60 Euros ($8.75 USD) EACH, for each day!!

In addition, their internet service required to go through the complete login process each time you tried to re-connect, instead of the automatic re-connection, which was annoying.

After my third day there I found out they had been giving away, at the front desk, free Log-ins and Passwords for the internet.

When I checked out of the hotel I complained to them for charging me for each device, without saying so up front (I travel a lot, and this has never been an issue – I have never been charged for all devices, only a daily room charge). In addition, I noted that they were giving away free internet service and had the login/passwords right next to the check in area (I didn’t notice this when I checked in, nor did they tell me of the free internet). When I complained, I got NO response from reception, I pointed out the free login in sheets next to check-in and I got a blank stare. I again questioned them, but she stated that they charge for each device. This left we with a bad taste in my mouth and I will NEVER return to this hotel, because I refuse to re-patronize a hotel where they seem to take advantage of their patrons and do not address their concerns/questions.

Room Tip: Ask about their internet policy before you book!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a good business hotel while in Hamburg. Clean rooms and efficient service. The location and price are the best things to recommend it. Also the breakfast is large and quite good. I like the hard wood floors and lack of carpeting

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recent stay on business. Characterless hotel in the suburbs. Room was comfortable, but small and poorly laid out (e.g. shelves on only one side of the bed, no plugs adjacent to the bed, etc.). Free WiFi was patchy in coverage and slow at best. Hotel seemed quite empty and staff attitudes seemed to match.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Have stayed here many times over the years, this last trip the service was excellent, except from the night porter. I know traditionally this post is held by grumpy old men, but here was a young man with serious attitude unwilling to even consider or be polite about letting us have breakfast 15 mins earlier, or even checking if an exception might be made.
So while restaurant, breakfast (when you can get to it) bar, etc all top notch for this hotel which is excellent value, I feel it lets down everyone and everything when the service is not at a consistently high standard

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to NH Hamburg Altona? Share your experiences!