“Generator beating my expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Generator Hostel Hamburg
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Steintorplatz 3, 20099 Hamburg, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Generator beating my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I've stayed at the Generator hostel in London, which i thought for the price we paid was great, friendly staff, and awesome atmosphere. Yet this new Generator in Hamburg blew me away with how modern and clean everything is, you could easily forget its a hostel. Staff were great and friendly, especially Patrick behind the bar (even printed us some directions to another bar when the hostel bar shut!). Overall for the price you pay, this hostel is luxury, and in a great location next to the bus and train station. Danke Generator!!

Room Tip: We had a four bed private room with en suite, was top notch!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Finding out about this hostel was one of the best deals of my life! The hostel was so well located near the Main train station just to begin with. The interior was fantastic! the rooms were great and very well taken care of; and the attention was phenomenal! Plus, the price you pay for the room is GREAT! I felt that I was staying in a 4 Star hotel while paying only a hostel rate!!!

Before traveling to other cities in Europe I will always look for a Generator hostel as first option.

Room Tip: The hotel is great and new. You could choose anything and I am pretty sure you will be very satisfi...
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here in Jan 2012 on the opening weekend for my Stag weekend
The staff were really friendly and the room prices were brilliant for the location

The hostel is immaculate and the manager Dan is one of the nicest men I've ever met
It serves it's purpose ideally if you're going away for a weekend away as a group, I wouldn't recommend this area of Hamburg for a couples weekend

Generator Hostel is situated right next to the main train station making it simple to get around Hamburg to see the sights

Thanks again for making it the best Stag party ever!

Hopefully it'll be my one and only one!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Generator Hostel Hamburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Generator Hostel Hamburg

Address: Steintorplatz 3, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Location: Germany > Hamburg
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Hamburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Generator Hostel Hamburg 2*
Our fresh, brand new Hamburg Hostel opened in January 2012 and is located in the heart of St Georg, next to the central train station "Hauptbahnhof Sued". Many of Hamburg’s great attractions are on our doorstep, such as the Deichtorhallen, the City Hall and the area of Speicherstadt. We know that Hamburg can be expensive, so unlike many other Hamburg hostels we give you: FREE Wi-Fi Internet, FREE bed linen, central location and en-suite Rooms.All our other Generator Hostels are renowned for their famous late nights at Generator Bar which provide a unique atmosphere, entertaining our guests with DJ nights, Karaoke, quizzes and fancy dress evenings: expect this and many many more fun evenings. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Generator Hostel Hamburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Generator Hostel Hamburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.