I stayed in this hotel for one night whilst travelling with work. It is three minutes' drive from the hotel, and there is a free shuttle from the airport. As we landed at 10pm, it was very convenient to just drive to the hotel and get settled down straight away.
The outside of the hotel and the lobby area are beautiful, very clean and crisp and bright and created an excellent first impression. The desk staff were friendly and efficient, spoke excellent English (as you would expect) and were able to answer all out queries and book us a taxi for the following morning.
We were upgraded from standard rooms to junior suites, which was a pleasant surprise. The room had a small living room, a bathroom and separate bedroom. It was all very clean and nicely laid out. There was an umbrella, an ironing board and iron, TV, free Wi-Fi (as well as a data cable for laptops) and a mini-fridge (empty) in the room. The bathroom was equipped with shampoo, shower gel, lotion, soap, sewing kit and shower cap, as well as a very nice, powerful shower and a good hairdryer.
Unfortunately, the one area where the room was let down was also the most important aspect of the room. The bed was extremely hard, and very uncomfortable. The pillows were thick and hard (which may be alright for some people, but not at all what I like). This, coupled with the noisy bathroom extractor fan, made for a very bad night's sleep. I ended up awake until 3am, and then only slept in fits and starts until my alarm rang at 7am.
If I had slept well, this hotel would have easily deserved five stars. The breakfast was very varied, with cooked breakfast items as well as fruits, cereals, cold meats and cheese, yoghurts and anything else you could expect.
Unfortunately the bed ruined the stay for me, and so I would not stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Hamburg Airport Hotel Hamburg
- Courtyard By Marriott Hamburg Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Hamburg Airport
- Marriott Hamburg
- Courtyard Hamburg
- Hamburg Courtyard
- Hamburg Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 600 metres/0.4 miles from the International Airport Hamburg. The underground train station within 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel will take you directly to the city center of Hamburg ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Hamburg Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.