Stayed at the Steigenberger for 5 nights in October. The location is perfect - near the harbour, Rathaus, Neuer Wall and the central shopping area. The S-Bahn and U-Bahn only a few minutes walk away and taxis always waiting outside the entrance. Standard room was spacious with a good bed, a large working desk and good wi-fi connection. Did though miss not having tea and coffee making equipment in the room. Most relevant TV-channels present except perhaps the BBC. Various types of massage available and good fitness facilities. Would also like to recommend the in hotel restaurant for good courses at a reasonable price, but the biggest asset of the first floor in my opinion was the piano bar which offered great relaxation and good service. All services were first class and in line with what one would expect in a 5 star hotel. The air conditioning was perhaps a little bit noisy so I preferred to use the windows to control the temperature and the air quality in the room. Overall I would strongly recommend this hotel for city travellers, perhaps with the exception of families with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern 5* superior hotel, built in the typical Hanseatic style, is located in the city centre, only a few steps away from all the places of interest and excellent shopping facilities. A total of 233 generously sized rooms and suites offer the comfort that is expected by travellers. The Shiseido Day Spa with a panoramic sauna, steam baths, relax lounge and a large range of different types of massages, Ayurveda and beauty treatment take care of you after an exciting day. Thanks to a roof terrace, there is a fitness area available for open-air training right in the midst of the city. At the Restaurant am Fleet situated directly at the waterfront, you will enjoy your breakfast with a magnificent view over the Alster waterway. In the Bistro am Fleet with attached conservatory, you can enjoy the light, Mediterranean-style kitchen as well as unusual Euro-Asian creations and a daily changing business lunch. The Pianobar with live music and a Davidoff Cigar Lounge will offer the perfect end to the day. At the newly openend SABAI restaurant you can savour a modern cuisine with the best of Asian and European cuisine. From now on: free Wi-Fi (256 kb), high speed internet per 24 hours: € 8.00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Escapio, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Hamburg Hotel Hamburg
- Hamburg Steigenberger Hotel