The hotel itself is a modern building and is in very good condition, our room was enormous (basic room booked) with usual style German bedding. It was very well equipped. It was also surprisingly quiet given that our room overlooked a main road and we were only on the second floor. It's also adjacent to two stations one on the U2 and one on the S1 lines. The S1 is the line to the airport, so very convenient. The hotel is very close to the port and lake, easy walk and the Rathaus. Not so close to St Pauli. We had a delay checking in as our room wasn't ready, but were given a complimentary coffee whilst we waited - a nice touch. Check out was the quickest I've ever experienced. The room was comfortable, the public areas modern/minimal. I'd recommend this hotel. The bathroom was large with an in bath shower with screen, the bath was quite narrow at the base at the shower end which was a little awkward particularly as there is also a large plughole cover there. A few minor quibbles: the toiletries in the standard rooms are poor, the shampoo did nothing for my wife's hair and the shower gel was far too runny. There was a bottle of mineral water and two glasses set out, nothing to say it was complimentary - we took a chance and turns out it was, but a note would have been nice, also it wasn't replenished for the second night. The beds were not well made, the undersheet didn't look as though it had been touched, I had to straighten it out and tuck it in. All in all a good experience despite the minor issues.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Hamburg Hotel Hamburg
- Steigenberger Hamburg Hotel
- Hamburg Steigenberger Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern 5* superior hotel, built in the typical Hanseatic style, is located in the city centre, only a few steps away from all the places of interest and excellent shopping facilities. A total of 233 generously sized rooms and suites offer the comfort that is expected by travellers. The Shiseido Day Spa with a panoramic sauna, steam baths, relax lounge and a large range of different types of massages, Ayurveda and beauty treatment take care of you after an exciting day. Thanks to a roof terrace, there is a fitness area available for open-air training right in the midst of the city. At the Restaurant am Fleet situated directly at the waterfront, you will enjoy your breakfast with a magnificent view over the Alster waterway. In the Bistro am Fleet with attached conservatory, you can enjoy the light, Mediterranean-style kitchen as well as unusual Euro-Asian creations and a daily changing business lunch. The Pianobar with live music and a Davidoff Cigar Lounge will offer the perfect end to the day. At the newly openend SABAI restaurant you can savour a modern cuisine with the best of Asian and European cuisine. NEW from January 2014: free Wi-Fi (256 kb), high speed internet per 24 hours: € 8.00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Escapio, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.