“Fantastic & Everything was perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic & Everything was perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Don't let its look deceives you, its menu offers sophisticated dining and its food is of international quality, not your traditional beer/bar casual dining. The venison carpaccio was out of the world, fresh and tasty. It was a tough decision among the main course specials, half duck, ox cheek and venison filet; and I had the venison again. It was perfectly prepared and came with wonderful potato napoleon and brussels sprout. My desert, crepe with orange filling and vanilla ice cream, was just as wonderful (light and just a touch of sweetness). All three servers there took care of me, and they were all delightful and helpful. What a wonderful experience!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Naples, Florida
“Just What we Needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a lunch and a dinner here while in Potsdam. Both meals were very good and reasonably priced. A Flammkuchen was excellent. Service was good too. Obviously we went back after our 1st visit.

• Visited September 2013
Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“LCHF friendly, nice atmosphere, decent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I eat low-carb/high-fat, so we often choose restaurants based on the side-dishes that they offer. We especially like restaurants with "modular" meals: this meat plus two of these sides. This restaurant offers their Grilled Specials the same way.

We both ate the mixed-plate of chicken, pork and beef ("Grillteller"). We chose creamy mushrooms and green beans with bacon. I would have liked more bacon with my green beans, but everything tasted quite good. I found the pork a little dry, but by comparison, they cooked the steak to a nice slightly-rarer-than-medium. The chicken remained moist. I ordered the veal jus and my wife the pepper sauce, which we both liked.

We had a very friendly waitress who patiently survived my limited German, but who sent someone English-speaking to ask us how we liked our meal, which I liked.

We did not drink any alcohol, but the wine and spirits selection looked impressive, and on a night when we felt like drinking, we would have happily done so here.

We paid €43 and felt that we got value for our money. We will probably go back later this week.

• Visited October 2013
Ukiah, Ca.
“Cute place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Came here on a day trip to Potsdam from Berlin. Nicely decorated place, interesting menu, good service. We were surprised that it was so empty and the quality was quite high. Recommended

• Visited September 2013
usa
“Good, but not for sitting outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, service friendly, the restaurant looks good inside. Bur the outside seating on a narrow strip of a street right by the row of parked cars is not comfortable.

Visited August 2013