“Just What we Needed” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Just What we Needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a lunch and a dinner here while in Potsdam. Both meals were very good and reasonably priced. A Flammkuchen was excellent. Service was good too. Obviously we went back after our 1st visit.

• Visited September 2013

Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“LCHF friendly, nice atmosphere, decent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I eat low-carb/high-fat, so we often choose restaurants based on the side-dishes that they offer. We especially like restaurants with "modular" meals: this meat plus two of these sides. This restaurant offers their Grilled Specials the same way.

We both ate the mixed-plate of chicken, pork and beef ("Grillteller"). We chose creamy mushrooms and green beans with bacon. I would have liked more bacon with my green beans, but everything tasted quite good. I found the pork a little dry, but by comparison, they cooked the steak to a nice slightly-rarer-than-medium. The chicken remained moist. I ordered the veal jus and my wife the pepper sauce, which we both liked.

We had a very friendly waitress who patiently survived my limited German, but who sent someone English-speaking to ask us how we liked our meal, which I liked.

We did not drink any alcohol, but the wine and spirits selection looked impressive, and on a night when we felt like drinking, we would have happily done so here.

We paid €43 and felt that we got value for our money. We will probably go back later this week.

• Visited October 2013
Ukiah, Ca.
“Cute place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Came here on a day trip to Potsdam from Berlin. Nicely decorated place, interesting menu, good service. We were surprised that it was so empty and the quality was quite high. Recommended

• Visited September 2013
usa
“Good, but not for sitting outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, service friendly, the restaurant looks good inside. Bur the outside seating on a narrow strip of a street right by the row of parked cars is not comfortable.

Visited August 2013
Reut
“In one word - Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visited Potsdam for one day whilst staying in Berlin. Take my tip and don't just visit Sansouci Park and Castle but find time to stroll through the Historical City Centre.
I walked along Gutenbergstrasse which is a very pleasant pedestrian mall with lots of shops, restaurants, etc and looked for somewhere to eat. Quite by chance I came across this restaurant/bar just off the main street, and it seems my nose knew where to lead me.
I ate what must be one of the best schnitzels I have ever had there, actually two of the best schnitzels, as the portion is very large and includes two, of which each one on its own would have been an ample portion. It came with sauteed potatoes mixed with onions, mushrooms and pieces of bacon, and the whole thing was delicious. It was preceded by a bowl of onion soup served the traditional way with bread and melted cheese on top. This was preceded (I seem to be going backwards....) by fresh and crispy bread with garlic butter and a local beer. The whole thing was washed down with an espresso at the end and after that I couldn't move! (but was very happy).
The meal cost me 27 euros, which is reasonable for a meal of this sort in a good restaurant. Service was very good and the waitresses smiled a lot (that doesn't always happen in Germany).
Go there, eat and enjoy.

• Visited February 2013