“Nice hotel in central location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Cottbus

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Cottbus to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cottbus
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vetschauer Strasse 12, 03048 Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Cottbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lund, Sweden
“Nice hotel in central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My son and I stayed for two nights while visiting relatives. The staff was nice, the room excellent and breakfast buffet scrumptious. Didn’t try out the pool nor the spa, so can’t say anything about these.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I booked this hotel with my friend for a week end gate way, since we thought to be out from my big city at least for couple of days. This hotel in particular was situated tight in front of the Hauptbahnhof (Main railway station) and we were given a warm reception. We scratched out room card in the lift and the lift stopped on 6th floor where our room was. It was an excellent idea. When I entered my room, my name was displayed in the television, welcoming me and my friend. We were very happy seeing it.

The room was very clean and sound proof. The technology behind the registration for free internet was good and they had free wifi in my room. Just giving my room number and last name, the wifi got activated. The bath room was nicely perfumed with a bath tub in it.

The had a swimming pool, which we wanted to use. Receptionist gave a broad smile and also offered us the swimming coat for free usage. Also they had couple of saunas, and fitness room, all located on the 9th floor (I guess) of the building. I was there in the evening, so had a nice sunset and a panoramic view of cottbus from the top.

I wanted to take a printout during my stay. I am not sure where was the printer located. I called the reception desk. The receptionist came all the way to my room, took USB from me and came with the required printouts with in minutes. I was amazed with the service.

I would like to recommend this hotel as well I would like to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have visited at the Radisson Blu hotel in Cottbus in April 2010. It is a perfect example of a good classical hotel. I was satisfied with everything. The staff were very friendly. My room was perfectly clean. The beds were extremely comfortable to sleep on. You get two pillows on the bed, and there is one more in the wardrobe. In your room you get a desk where you can work on (it is not occupied by the TV). There is a good working air conditioning which is quiet, but I preferred to have my window open at night. The bathroom was excellent and was equipped with a bathtub. You also get free WiFi in your room and a typical hotel-TV with the local channels and some pay-per-view programmes.

The hotel is located directly opposite the train station, which is a short walk from the city centre. There is a little shop in the train station where you can buy some drinks to save on the mini-bar. The hotel also has a nice restaurant with room service. The prices are pretty fair. You can check their menu at the hotel's website.

The reception is open 24h/day with was important for me, as I needed to check out before 6am. As the breakfast starts at 6:30am they kindly proposed to arrange a breakfast-bag to-go! Excellent service! I was asked what kind of breakfast I normally eat, and the following morning when checking out I was given a paper bag with four sandwiches, some fresh fruit, a yoghurt and a bottle of orange juice!

So far the Radisson Blu Cottbus is certainly my favourite hotel in Europe!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

I love this hotel and I spent many nights here over the last years (on business or tourist travel).
Although most of the Radisson hotels are really good, this here is outstanding. The rooms are on average size (ask for a junior suite or business room of you need more space), nicely equipped in a classical style, the beds are always excellent (and they will give you more pillows or special pillows if you want), all rooms have a working desk which is not occupied by the TV (!), a spacious closet and extra room for the luggage. W-Lan is for free and works excellent.
I always prefer a room with view to the main station (there is not much traffic on the street so you can sleep with the window open and late at night you can watch wagons and trains being shunted - that's always better than TV). Air condition works well too.
The breakfast buffet is one of the best I ever had (plan some extra time... to try the nice local food selection with gherkins, fish, home-made cakes...). Breakfast is not included in the room price for standard rooms but for business rooms, or try to find a special rate Radisson offers sometimes.
The restaurant is also very good so we had dinner there.
There is also a swimming pool on the last floor of this hotel and this is always a good opportunity to start the day with (pool opens at 6 in the morning).
Cottbus is the entrance to visiting the Spreewald area so there are often tourist groups in this hotel but the hotel staff handles this in a very good way so these groups will not disturb you :-)

scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Just had a one night stay in this hotel as an emergency, we paid 70 euros for one nights room, we didn't have breakfast as we had to rush off.
Very nice hotel, friendly , english speaking staff, secure parking, rooms large and clean.
The only down side is that everything was extra, parking, dogs in room, water for drinking in room. Although mini bar quite reasonable. No tea or coffee in the room.
Would recommend for a short break, there is a pool and leisure suite but didn't use it , so can't comment.

• Liked — excellent service
  • Disliked — everything costs extra
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Cottbus? Share your experiences!