“Day trip only” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bremerhaven

Sponsored by:
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Brisbane, Australia
19 helpful votes
“Day trip only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

As we currently reside in Bremen we took the train to Bremerhaven (35 mins) and spend the afternoon looking around. Took the internal boat cruise of the port which was interesting but not as exciting as other larger ports. The view from Sail City Tower is great. Not that much to see and do but nice to visit. Took the 3.5 hrs River Cruise back to Bremen. This was slow but enjoyable.

60 helpful votes
“Animal Friendly LOvely Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at Bremerhaven in Summer, although it was raining on and off the whole time I was there. what really strikes me most is that I was actually shopping in the mall with dogs roaming. Not the toy dog (miniture purse dog) but very large dogs. At first it freaked me out (big dogs scares me) but I just got used to them. Then we ate at an outdoor cafe and you could feed birds who just drop in for a quick snack.

The Zoo by the Sea wasn't really spectacular but its worth the visit. Its beside the beach so its breezy and doesn't have the usual zoo smell. The Maritime museum was great though its really worth the long walk and its free, entrance to U Boat, the submarine cost 3 Euro. I'm just wondering why we have to pay for the toilet (in the mall and zoo), E0.20 per use of the toilet.

Been to Bremerhaven? Share your experiences!