“A very good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Gasthaus Hotel Bremen
Loningstrasse 30, 28195 Bremen, State of Bremen, Germany (Bahnhofsvorstadt)   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Bremen B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A very good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very near the train station so excellent for when you first arrive. We checked in at the backpackers around the corner as other reviewers have said, then left our luggage while we went to explore. No tags were put on the bags, so although the basement room was secure it seemed there was nothing to stop another traveller leaving with your bags. The front of the hotel and the communal areas are nothing to look at, but the room was pleasant. While some others point out that the rooms are cheaply furnished, I would argue that at least everything is all really new and modern. It was nicer than some of the more expensive German hotels I have stayed at that are shabby with 1980's decor. All the basics were there, including tea- and coffee-making facilities which is unusual in Germany. Due to the fact that my companion does not eat breakfast I bought my own from outside, but at least could have a nice cup of tea in the room. The room was clean, bright and spacious and had everything we needed and the reception staff were friendly enough. While not luxurious comfort (it is essentially a posh backpackers with private rooms) it was exactly what we hoped for for the price. Very good for what it is.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GasthausHotel, Manager at Gasthaus Hotel Bremen, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Redditch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Be aware that this hotel is linked with a hostel of virtually the same name, and they both use the same reception, but I stayed in the 'Hotel' part.

I was going to Bremen for a pre-season friendly between Werder Bremen and Aston Villa, I needed something comfortable, cheap and within easy access, this hotel proved to be ideal. It is located around 400 yards from the main Bremen train station and I was able to walk everywhere for the three days I was in Bremen.

I had a single room, which was called 'Kiev' (no room numbers) and was en-suite with a shower, toilet and sink, provided with complimentary shampoo/shower lotion, loo rolls and towels, there is a flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, free wifi, the single bed seemed to have one of the memory foam type mattresses which was very comfy, a seperate desk, chair and lamp.

There are a few clubs in the vacinity, but I heard no music from them at any point, I did hear local conversations from outside which woke me, but I did have the window open as the room was too warm for me.

The is an eat all you can breakfast option currently at 6.5 euros per morning, I did not bother with this as I had checked beforehand and there is no hot food in this option, just 'continental style' breakfast.

I have given an 'average' score, which is lower than I would have like, I would like to give a 'GOOD' but the next option up from average on this site is 'very good' and that would be too much. What I needed was very good, but its a very posh hostel, rather than a hotel. BUT I may be wrong as I never ventured into the breakfast room, there may have been a bar, there may have not been, I will never know..... Unless Aston Villa play in Bremen again, then I may be back to check

Room Tip: all singles are on the front, If I had a double I may request a 'back' room to ensure a quie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Espoo, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Clean room, basic, cheap furniture. Would have been ok, however my trip got shorter by a day and they were not willing to accept the change, although it contacted them twice and also through HRS 1,5 days ahead. Reason: I was 15 hours late of the deadline - and I should have known this, since I had signed a "contract" with them. They explained with several "reasons" why they had to be so unflexible. Had to pay full price for the night. - IF you choose this "hotel", make sure you have read the small print! They will fully use it. Hopefully the even got the room sold again!
I don't believe in service providers, who secure their business with contracts - they should do it with happy customers, who recommend the service to their friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: There is no elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HongKong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed there for two days. It's very clean and comfortable . Walking distance to old town and train station. Tried the breakfast and you can find better option outside.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Grayslake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Not the greatest place to stay a very small room with a double bed and no table or desk. Reception is around the corner in the Backpacker Inn (same owner) probably a better deal with more space and for less. Clean room and bath room. Nice breakfast for E 6.50 person.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gasthaus Hotel Bremen? Share your experiences!