“Nicely done” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Munich, Germany
“Nicely done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just the right combination of Hamburger and a party. good burgers with nice toppings and a very good vibe to the restaurant and then there's a cool bar/club downstairs when ure done with eating. good way to spend a night

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Brit in Berlin
“Like sticking your head down the toilet, but less fun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We wandered around the cavernous, soulless venue, wondering how to get served, very few staff in sight. We self-served at the bar (the line at the food window outside with just one person working was insanely long), went to sit in the garden and were told by a very surly, possibly American, woman, we were not allowed in her area because we had self-served. It clearly never crossed her mind we might want to order something else from her or the menu. So now 'criminalised', exiled for eternity to the 'self-served ghetto', surrounded by filthy tables piled high with detritus, uncleared plates, half-eaten food, used glasses, an aggressive drunk at a nearby table looking for a fight etc., we drank our beers and decided to go someplace, anyplace else, as soon as possible. Pausing on the way out to use the toilets, a separate block, we found the men's to be stinking, filthy, with several stalls and urinals blocked and full, no driers and no paper towels available.

Unless you are a masochist and/or idiot, with so much available around Schlesisches Tor, there is not a single reason why you should give Trash (forget the "White" bit) a second of your time or a single cent of your money. Unless, maybe you are a marketing or hospitality student or professional and want to see how to get it 100% wrong.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Egham, United Kingdom
“Amazing dining experience outdoors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

You must try the lemonade!

This restaurant appeared on Time Out's places to eat and so my boyfriend and I checked it out. The outdoor seating is amazing, the layout is just so easy going you feel like you're at a friend's BBQ. I especially adored the lay out of the stage with the wooden crates surrounding it, so different from the cold urban format of Berlin's East side.

It was particularly busy when we went and we were still getting used to the 'self-service' which is popular in Berlin eateries. We waited an okay amount of time for our food, my boyfriend had the John Doe burger and appreciated the generous size of the beer. I had a Sea Breeze cocktail and then a lemonade which I then craved for the remainder of our trip, and the Jerk chicken, I wouldn't rate the coleslaw though, it was very sweet!

This place had such a lovely atmosphere, I love the way it targets young adults, sometimes you just want to feel anarchistic over dinner. I would definitely return to White trash if I was in Berlin again!

Berlin, Germany
“Since they moved it's a disaster.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Awful new venue, poor service. 1' 20" waiting food which was wrong. Happened to be in there on a night when there was dire karaoke. They had a good thing before but it's now broken.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Burgers, beer, bands.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE OLD LOCATION. It has since moved to a new building.

We weren't too sure about trying this place at first. After all, we were in Berlin, so why would we want to try an American-style restaurant? Well, we were right to give in and try it, what a great place!

The food was what you would expect from the name - mostly of the burgers and fries variety. This is in the best possible way, however, as the burgers were fantastic and had some interesting combinations.

The bar had Franziskaner Weissbier on tap which I was delighted about. It's one of my favourite drinks in the world but is only usually available in bottles here in the UK. Delicious!

The decor was amazingly eclectic and the whole bar has a very rock and roll vibe. Just what I love.

The staff were all friendly too, very cool. It was interesting hearing an Englishman working the door!

There was some live music on also, which seems to be a regular feature. I heard that recently Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys even did a DJ set there - I wish I could have been there for that one. Definitely one to check out for gigs.

Highly recommended, I've told all of my friends who are Berlin-bound to make sure to check it out.

• Visited July 2013