“Deserves to be number 1” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5,821 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Deserves to be number 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This restaurant deserves to be number 1 and was the best meal I had during my 5 week stay in Europe.

Mr and Mrs Heising have been operating their restaurant for the last 35 years and they have perfected the art of fine dining. Heising was in the British quarter of Berlin and was often frequented by the Commanders of the British Army and I can see why. Next time I go to Berlin I will be making sure I go back.

If you can make sure you make a reservation and go and say hello to Mr & Mrs Heising

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Darlington, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We dined here on Thursday evening.

The food, service and ambience were superb.

We were treated really well.

Our final bill for 2 came to about £150, while expensive (depends on your values) it was worth it.

That includes champagne cocktails, bottle of wine, brandies and 4 courses,

It was a little bit like stepping back in time - old world charm, wonderful experience, made friends with the Irish couple on the next table.

• Visited November 2013
Garðabaer, Iceland
“Our companies night out - huge success.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We came all the way from Iceland to Berlin for our annual companies celebration. We had chosen Heising restaurant from the reviews at Tripsadvisor. And we had the best time of our whole trip. When you arrive at Heising restaurant this is like walking back in time. 100% there for Atmosphere. We were a group of 36 and had the restaurant for our selves all night, from 19:00 to 23:30. During this time Bernhard Heising and Franziska Heising took very good care of us. 100% there for service. Berhard Heising choose all the wines starting by Champagne at arrival, white and french red with the meals and cognac with the coffee. All the wines were perfectly chosen to fit the atmosphere and 5 course menu we had chosen prior to our dinner. We now know why this restaurant is nr. 1 in Berlin and we can all say that it is going to be hard work for other restaurant to take their place at the top. Thank you Bernhard and Franziska Heising for an unforgettable group dinner experience.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Truly amazing experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This restaurant is not just about the food, it is also about the dining experience. I celebrated my birthday there last Saturday evening. You must ring the doorbell to be allowed in, greeted by your host and taken to your table. Your evening will be whisked back in time to a place where surroundings and ambience mattered as much as the food. On departure the ladies are presented with a single rose. I can not help but smile everytime I think of this wonderful restaurant.
The hosts and their daughter are wonderfully charming, you must visit this restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
“Truly fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm not usually one for splashing money on food, but was persuaded by a combination of fellow travelling companions and this site; I was not disappointed. The food was excellent but it was the service that left an indelible imprint on my mind. The proprietors were charm and courtesy personified, whilst still leaving us to enjoy our meal, which meant we felt welcome from the very start. There's nothing I can say that others have not already said (better) - just go.

• Visited July 2013