“different, excellent service slightly expensive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heising

Heising
Rankestrasse 32, Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
030-2133952
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Manchester, United Kingdom
“different, excellent service slightly expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

we visited for our anniversary and booked beforehand, which was lucky as it was full even on a Tuesday night. We found the food very good , we have had better on cruise ships etc but its the ambiance and the service that makes this place brill. We sat in the little room at the front and was alone most of the night which some people would not like as you were separated from the main room but we loved it as we felt like it was a private dining experience. The owners daughter is lovely and friendly and mys Heising spoke to us a lot anmd was lovely. The cheapest wine is 39€ which bumps your bill up but for a one off experience and a special occasion we felt it was worth it.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sweden
“Divine and gloriously old fashioned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I both enjoy going out and trying out different restaurants, and we weren't disappointed with Heising. The food was beautiful and the servings glorious, so it was definitely good value. The setting was beautifully old fashioned and service fantastic. I am a big fan of French food, so I was enormously happy with the night.

“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We chose to celebrate my husband's birthday at Heising Restaurant because all of the rave reviews particularly of a gracious and welcoming reception. We did not receive that at all. Mrs. Heising was very upset about mistake and mix up with our concierge having nothing to do with us. She continued to be vey snippy throughout the evening. I asked about menu selections and was told everything on the menu was good. Necessary to ask for roll ( which was not good) each time you wanted one. My husband's birthday was completely ignored. Wine was only served by the bottle and since my husband doesn't drink I could not have wine as I certainly wouldn't consume a bottle by myself. The food was good but there is more to a dining experience than food. I would definitely not reccommend this restaurant. Rhoda NYC

Visited September 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband is not a fan of French cuisine, but after reading TripAdvisor, we decided to give it a try, Its just around the corner of Swissotel, Berlin. We called for a reservation for 8pm. We actually did not what to really expect. We opened the door of the restaurant and was met by Mme Heising, who showed us to our table. Nice, very French style, chandelier with Louis quatorze chairs, but since they are quite low, Mme Heising provided us with extra cushions! A younger lady came to serve us with some salted finger food, some bread and nicely arrange butter. Then Mme Heising came with the menu, and we took the 3 courses only instead of 4 courses. We had a delicious salad with lots of herbs and little edible flowers, garnished with raspberry fruit, and raspberry sauce ..then we had coq au riesling, and I had veal medallion with apple sauce. Monsieur Heising came with a bottle of white Riesling, but we told him we prefer red, so he came back with an open bottle of Spanish wine 2005, which I tasted and didnt quite like it. It had the body but not the aroma . So he came back with a French wine Pauillac which had the body and aroma..The main dish was succulent , the portion was just right, not to small and not too big..then we had dessert, we both had Pistacchio cream . A bit too sweet for my taste but it was delicious too. The amount was reasonable, we paid for a 3 course menu 76 euro, + drinks total around 94 Euro, which we gladly payed. I was given a rose by M Heising before we said good bye and we hope to return again. Lovely , admirable couple..

Dublin, Ireland
“Classic Germany - Classic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have often searched out the Top rated hotels on Trip Advisor, often through a little investigation you find it's nothing special and has had a lot of Footfall versus a lot of rave reviews.

So okay, I am delighted to tell you that this is special... German Hospitality in this establishment, shows up many of the places we visit regularly in Ireland, Scotland, other parts of UK and the US (as an example). The thoughts of an elderly gentleman (possibly early 80's) and his wife (possibly younger by a couple years) run after you is something that you get over after a few minutes - The pace of this place is perfect... absolutely perfect for a fine dining (3 x French chefs who like "good money" as Herr Heising explained to me.

The food (4 x course or 3 x course - get the 4 x courses as you'll only regret missing out on something!) is well worth whatever wages the French lads are coining in... and it is priced modestly for a fine dining experience (ok, we'd the aperitif, wine and a digestif too). The ambience is 1950's Berlin and the music from the 30's to 50's match this well... German, British, French, US and surprisingly Swedish aged hits playing a plenty! Frogs legs was my starter, followed by 5 x good sized oysters... a stuffed Sea Bass for main course and of the house dessert made me a full but happy bunny.

The other half got a lovely pink rose... a lovely chat about Whisky, myself and Herr Heising share a love of all things Single Malt!

Read this and decide to give it a miss... fine... We're going back on Thursday so there!!! :o)