“Did not meet expectations” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,404 of 5,975 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Calgary, Alberta
“Did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We dined there today and had great expectations dashed! Service was very slow and surprisingly, we found the only restaurant and server in town who did not speak a word of English!! His fellow workers did not have the same problem as we gathered from listening in to the tables besides us.

When the server finally came by for our drink orders, he screwed it up by bringing my wife two Kir Royales!

My first choice of their Sole was sold out by 7 pm and so was the Turbot... In fact they only had one choice of fish available for the rest of the night... the perch. They apparently had some specials which were never offered to us (probably due to the language barrier) but our friends at the neighbouring table did get some options!

We ordered a bottle of wine which was laid on a side table but our waiter never bothered to top up the glasses and we were forced to get up and do it ourselves!

At the end of the evening, the waiter was audacious enough to ask for his tip in cash rather than an add on to the credit card!!!

On our second day in Berlin, we finally found a local who spoke no English!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakland Township
“Tasty on the Ku-damm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A wonderful meal with a friendly staff and a comfortable café atmosphere. The soup was hot and tasty and the main course of crispy fish was excellent with wonderful sides. Reasonable cost as well. A fine dinner cooked excellently and served with a smile.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Best schnitzel in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The maitre'd was gruff but this changed with the warm waitresses. They found us a booth and i thoroughly enjoyed the warmth and the food. Had the best schnitzel, oysters and pumpernickel to die for. Try not to miss the toilets downstairs, it is quite something.
There are many restaurants on KuDam and this is very much worth a visit.

Visited June 2013
Florida
“Good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Dressler is an excellent place with a problem: the ongoing subway construction is right outside and it's obviously hurting business. The restaurant is about 3 blocks from the Brandenburg Gate on Unter Der Linden and outside dining in the daytime is among the construction noise. It's okay at night though the view is awful - construction equipment. On the very positive side, it's a fine place to eat with good service and a good menu. They are proud of their weiner schnitzel, and it's indeed is excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Great services! Good food. Good choice on Ku'damm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a late Wednesday evening. I was attracted to the place because of its outdoor sitting area. However, I opted to sit indoor as the weather was getting chilly. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and did not mind to reset my table indoor.

The place is well decorated with a Jazzy '30s atmosphere. If the weather is nice, sitting outdoor watching the bustle street live of Ku'damm is highly recommended.

Foods are good. I had escargot and pork knuckle. Actually, I was surprised by the pork knuckle. Instead of getting a big chuck of meat sitting on top of a plate, I got a plate of mashed potato. After the waitress assumed me that it was the right dish, I dug into the potato and found my pork knuckle. Then I realized that this is a French/German restaurant. The pork knuckle was not prepared in the traditional German way. Frankly, the dish was a bit strange to me. However, the taste was pretty good.

Like other restaurant in Berlin, this place's pricing is not expensive at all comparing to places in other cities. All-in-all, Dressler is a good choice for a dinner on Ku'damm.

• Visited May 2013