“Mmmmarzipan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fassbender-Rausch

Fassbender-Rausch
Charlottenstrasse 60, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 (0)30 - 20 45 84 43
Neighborhood: Mitte
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Mmmmarzipan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice, gourmet choclate shop and not as expensive as you'd expect at all. The chocolate models are a thing to behold, as are the cabinets that run the length of the shop, full of truffles and marzipan!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Chocolate everywhere !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went in for lunch and we were very impressed. Everything on the menu has chocolate in it. Even the small bread and tomato dip did not escape the chocolate inclusion. We both had a lovely lentil stew which had chocolate in the sauce and it was lovely. Coffee was great and the abundant choice of cakes looked very nice.

Shop is very impressive with several Berlin landmarks made out of chocolate. Prices are very reasonable and there are a great choice of products on sale. A must visit in Berlin !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“The best hot chocolate!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were just finishing a four hour walking tour in the freezing cold when we walked past this place.
The chocolate sculptures in the window of Berlin landmarks are amazing. As we finished the tour, the only place we could think about was here to get warm. We had the best hot chocolate ever! My daughter had the milk chocolate with cream, I had the the El Cuador, the 75% one, with milk. We shared a Tiramisu cake. Fabulous.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, UK
“Choc lovers delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Downstairs is a shop that overcomes you with the smell of chocolate, it gets better when you go upstairs to the cafe with a view over the gendarmarkt. Chocolate drink about 4e and a cake 4e. I thought that it was fairly cheap for such a Berlin institution. You might have to wait a short time to be seated.

Visited April 2013
Driffield, United Kingdom
“the stuff of dreams...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My friend and I have been looking forward to our short holiday In Berlin since December 2012 and a visit to this establishment for almost as long. We were not disappointed. First, the ground floor almost beggars belief with the wonderful sculptures, very tempting to say the least. Onwards and upwards, literally to the first floor restaurant where we were shown to a window table overlooking Charlottenstrasse by a very personable gentleman. Our waitress was helpful and cheerful. The complimentary starter was a surprise and very tasty, Our main courses were delicious and if I were to make any adverse remark it would be that I had too much on my plate. (This is not to say that I did not manage to clear my plate}. Finally to dessert and what a dessert. It looked exactly like its image on the menu and the taste was heavenly. I am not a chocoholic, but I could easily become addicted if all chocolate tasted like this. Whoever thought that chocolate could accompany savoury dishes was a genius.
We visited the shop before leaving, and needless to say we did not leave empty handed. A truly wonderful experience and one that I hope to repeat again one day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere