“satisfied” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daitokai Restaurant Berlin

Daitokai Restaurant Berlin
Tauentzienstr. 9-12 | Im Obergeschoss des Europa-Centers, 10789 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
+49 30 2618090
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #179 of 6,086 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Tokyo, Japan
“satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

In the morning, I visited Fernsehturm (TV Tower) and walked to Potsdamer Platz via Brandenburger Tor. There, I went up to Panoramapunkt. I came back to the hotel by bus and checked out around at two o'clock. I went to take late lunch at Daitokai (means big city). As usual, I was going to take sushi, sashimi or noodle, and I found Sushi teishoku (regular meal) includes various dishes and the price is reasonable. While I was taking lunch, a family sit at the next table finished eating and left. The guest became only me. I told a waiter that Daitokai is dear because I've visited Dusseldorf for business trip and take dinner at Daitokai so often in 1970's. He said Daitokai in Dusseldorf has already been closed. I changed the topic and I asked him to charge a battery of my camera until I leave, because I took so many photos and still going to take photos, but I don't have any chance to chage at the hotel. He did as I requested. Everythig's went well and I was so much satisfied.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Hebrew first
Oslo, Norway
“Really good japanese experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very good food and excellent service. I have no comment about value, since I did not pay for dinner myself.
I feel the place is a bit overrated, though. It's very good, but not over-the-top-good.

Visited August 2012
“Good ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Teppanyaki Chef is skillful and food is ok but not the best . Should be the best in Berlin

Hampshire UK
“An experience to Dai for !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very good Japanese food
expensive(ish) but there again japanese usually is
Good choice of dishes ranging from sushi,sushimi and tepanyaki

A good choice for a special meal, either as a couple or business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Was looking for a second great Japanese restaurant in Berlin after trying DI the night before. It was a totally different experience and it was amazing. Most of the food are cooked on your table. All the products are fresh and taste amazingly good. I recommend the classic menu with 4 starters, 1 main dish and 1 dessert for 56€. It is really worth it. A must go in Berlin for all Japanese food lovers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere