“Great atmosphere, bad food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 76 Theater & Concerts in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: There is a place in Schaperstrasse in Wilmersdorf, a little hidden from view, where the glamour of 1920s Berlin with its love of nightlife has found a home again for almost twenty years. Bohéme Sauvage in the BAR JEDER VERNUNFT, a Spiegeltent – from outside unimposing, but on the inside a glittering ball room – where the intimate location is reflected in the countless smaller and larger mirrors which transform it into a boundless, magical world in which anything seems possible!The Spiegeltent is the stage for the créme de la créme of intelligent cabaret acts ranging from chanson to comedy.
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Great atmosphere, bad food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Bar Jeder Vernuft really is a place with a nice atmosphere and a great ambiance for shows. My wife and I reserved tickets in advance, before we left for Berlin, for the show of Annamateur & Aussensaiter. We also booked the three course menu, served before the show and during the pause.

My wife and I disagreed about the show of Annamateur (she liked it but I did not fancied her humor although I found her voice amazing) but we agreed on the quality of the food. It was bad. Especially the asperges of the main course were undercooked and almost raw. The good thing about the menu was, that ist comes with reserved seats, so you don't have to worry about good places for the show. Apart from the menu they also serve snacks, the quality of which I cannot judge because I didn't eat them. Nevertheless, the next time, for me Bar Jeder Vernuft means show not eating.

A last tip: if you buy the BerlinWelcomeCard for the public transport, you get 25% off the ticket price. That is, if you have the Card at the moment you pay. Because we made the payment in advance by Creditcard we payed the full price. So its better to collect and pay your tickets one day in advance so you can use the BerlinWelcomeCard.

Visited June 2012