“Affordable and yet so delicious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fischers Fritz

Fischers Fritz
Charlottenstrasse 49, D-10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
0049 (0)30- 20 33 6363
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 5,822 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: As a Michelin 2-star gourmet restaurant, Fischers Fritz is a unique venue in Berlin. On the culinary front, Fischers Fritz offers a distinctive and modern approach to French cuisine with its selection of exquisite fish and seafood delicacies. Simple yet perfect creations and the high quality of fresh ingredients have made this gourmet restaurant at the Regent Berlin Hotel a place of pilgrimage for people who enjoy fine food. The elegant surroundings of the restaurant mean that your unique experience of this superb food will be all the more intense.
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Affordable and yet so delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

For a 2 Michelin star restaurant, the price I paid for such an unforgettable dining experience was well worth it.
There is a 3 course lunch for only 45 euros, lmao. Try getting a 3 course meal in an haute cuisine restaurant at 45 euros in London or in Paris lol.
And the food was really good too! Something you don't taste everyday, plus it was delicious too.
Service was impeccable and excellent and friendly, not too arrogant lol. This resto is in a 5 star hotel btw.
What I really liked was while we waited for the food, they served us small delicious treats, soup and appetizers which were free (along with the customary bread basket). They also gave us free small dessert dishes after he main courses too. Nice, small touches, which certainly left us feeling impressed and satisfied.
Everything was delicious and brand new, I have never tasted such combinations of foods before. Worth the price, or worth at least one visit for sure.

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb but don't charge me €10 for a bottle of water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a superb restaurant located in the Regent Hotel in the centre of Berlin. The restaurant has a wonderful ambience with wood paneling and top notch helpful service especially the somalier from New Zealand - Mr Connors. You can opt for 4, 5, 6 course set menus or opt for a La carte at much higher costs per unit. We opted for 4 and 5 course set menus and were not disappointed. The food is expertely prepared, presented, seasoned and balanced and you can view sample menus on line to see if it suits your taste. The 5 course set menu for eaample is €150 per head but my partner opted for the four course by dropping the cheese course. Helpings are completely adequate and well timed so that you get a cahnce to relax between corses, though if you are in a rush don't come here! On the negative side we both opted for the John Dory and while one was cooked to perfection the second one was decidely underdone and therfore raw and tough in the middle, we mentioned it at the time and I didnt really want to make an issue but at this price, please make sure to get it right. That said all the other food was superb. Only other critique was that the charge for water at €10 / bottle on the bill is exorbitant and really over the top. Please change this practice and leave no room for a negative comment.

would I return, yes, but it is a speacil occasion place. Enjoy

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Do the lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A number of people have commented on the quality of the lunch and I couldn't agree more. With two stars you would expect something special and you get it. Add the wine flight to the lunch as this takes it to another level, it is really worth it and the meal will still you cost under 100 euro per person (quite a bit under, I think we paid 80 Euro pp). Try the bourride of Gurnard and the pudding of passion fruit (not together of course). I'm not a sweet person but the pudding with the dessert wine was possibly the best dish I have ever had and I have had many.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals we've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

2 Michelin Stars - 47 euro lunch menu an absolute steal. 3 courses but really 5 if you include the amuse bouches. Top end restaurants vary dramatically in style - there is a lot of classic French influence on this menu which suits me down to a t. The waiting staff were superb - very attentive & polite - not stuffy at all. Loved it & can't wait for a return visit. Oh & the home made breads were a revelation.

Beaverton
“Average food for a michelin-starred restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was so excited and looking forward to this meal but it came up short in a few ways. Let me start with the positives first.... I enjoyed the amouse bouches they were quite good as well as the bread. The sweet course before the actual dessert was quite delicious too- mango and fennel. The part that I thought was quite average was the service. Although sometimes attentive, the service had a air of coldness and a disconnection with what we actually needed, lFor example, over-pouring water unnecessarily, waiting too long between courses and then the 30 minutes at the end before getting the bill was too much after such a long dinner. We were almost asleep at the end with our heads close to the table- close to taking a nap. The various courses that we actually ordered didn't stand out too much and there was nothing I would want to go back for. This is a disappointment since it costs so much and the time investment was high, I suppose I expected to be wowed but instead walked away with an average dinning experience and a memory of some uncomfortable delays.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RegentBerlin, Manager at Fischers Fritz, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear MA1900,

thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor. It is always important for us to receive criticism and praise.

Unfortunately it is with great regret that you did not experience the wow effect you have been expecting. We take your comments very serious and have already discussed them with the entire team. Please be assured that the negative mentioned issues are not our standard at all. Anyways we would like to say again thank you for your candor.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you again someday for convincing you of our high level of service and food.

With best regards from Berlin,

Your team of the restaurant "Fischers Fritz"