“Great night, good food, good service and good fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Feuer und Flamme - Das Fonduerestaurant

Feuer und Flamme - Das Fonduerestaurant
Am Comeniusplatz 1, 10243 Berlin, Germany (Friedrichshain)
+49 30 29776595
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #586 of 5,981 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Swiss, Fondue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Chorley, Lancashire
“Great night, good food, good service and good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited with a group of friends, I'd never had fonue before and I'm not a huge lover of cheese (oops, maybe should have mentioned that to my friends before we sat down!) however we ordered 2 different cheese fondues, a meat one and a fish one. I had a total nightmare trying to keep the cooked fish on the stick, so resorted to using the 'fishing net'. The food was lovely, the cheese fondues were both really good and the fish and meat platters came with lots of extras.
I would have like to have been able to have some veg to dip into the cheese fondue as I felt like I'd had bread overload at the end. That said I still found room to squeeze a chocolate and fruit fondue in at the end of the night.
Great food and a quirky little place, just off the beaten track but easy enough to get to, it was really busy considering we went mid week.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Sadly ruined by bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Food, location and price all fine, but just seemed very anti tourist. From the minute we walked in (and the waitress heard our basic German) we were treated like second rate clients. She warmed to my sisters boyfriend (a German local) and he translated everything from the menu to us.

Food was good, price ok if you share a fondue, but would be pricey to have one each (the waitress recommended having a fondue each, but we opted for a cheese and a meat fondue in four adults and one child) it was more than enough food..
The worst point however was when my daughter broke a glass by accident. The waitress was so rude (rolled her eyes, didnt want to bring out another, and generally cold)my sisters boyfriend actually told her (nicely) she was out of line as iit was just an accident.. and though I'm not sure what was said, she did apologise. She avoided us for the rest of the night, and a different waitress did payment.

So final impression, nice food and novel idea..but sadly very anti tourist. Wouldn't return and would warn any non German speaker to beware that (as mentioned in an earlier review ) you may end up feeling like you are the lepers of the place simply because you are not a local.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Fondue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We reserved this restaurant for our anniversary dinner and it was definitely was not a disappointment. The staff were extremely helpful, the vegetarian swiss fondue tasty and the ambience was lovely! The price was also very reasonable for us!. Highly recommend this place!

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“a delicious [and fun!] evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

we arrived very late in the evening [without a booking] and although the restaurant was busy we received received a warm welcome, and a polite explination that we would only be able to have 2 courses due to the time.
we chose the house speciality cheese and mixed meats fondues to share which were both delicious,followed by a amazing chocolate fondue with mixed fruits [and a sparkler!]
we had a lovely relaxed time,and will definately return on our next trip

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good, reasonably priced food, but let down by poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked this restaurant off the back of other Trip Advisor reviews. Aside from the starters, which were average, the food was very good - in our case we sampled a cheese, meat and chocolate foundue. The overall experience was let down by the service we received. When we arrived there was a slight confusion over whether we had a reservation (not helped by our basic level of German). The waitress dealt with us as though we were a real inconvenience. No smile or friendly welcome, I was barked at three times for my name - which I duly repeated three times - and we were led to our table feeling as though we were naughty school children. We almost walked, but as we had travelled some way and there were no other places nearby we decided to stay. Throughout the meal service was brusque and efficient, to the point of feeling rude. It was noteable that when our waitress dealt with other tables (of locals) she was much more friendly and charming. She really made us feel uncomfortable and her behaviour gave the impression that this restaurant is only interested in the local and not tourist trade. Shame as the food was good and reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2012