“SueWarlingham” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
Warlingham, United Kingdom
“SueWarlingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The apartment was very spacious, comfortable and nicely furnished with all the equipment you could want, including a washing machine and tumble dryer. It is in a quiet street and well located for the main Berlin sights, with the Museum Island and St Nicholas quarter being about a 15 minute walk. The nearest underground station was only a few minutes walk away.
It's not in the prettiest part of town, and apart from the hotel restaurant, you have to walk for 5-10 minutes to get a variety of restaurants.
They have obviously listened to reviews about wi-fi access and you can now obtain 3 hours for 3.50 euros.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Sue W,
The team at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and we would like to thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
I am so pleased you found our rooms clean and comfortable. It is the extra space what makes our apartments special, providing a “home away from home” feeling with fully equipped kitchens and even laundry facilities in our One Bedroom Apartments.
The hotel´s surrounding is very unique with historical East Berlin architecture – indeed the high-rising apartment blocks were formerly one of the best addresses in town! It is a true part of Berlin – some people really love the architecture, but of course this is everyone’s own decision.

We hope you will stay here again next time you are in Berlin and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our changes in regards to the Internet fee.

We wish you and your family a Happy Festive Season and a Happy New Year!
Claudia Anderle & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked the apartment because we wanted to have somewhere to put our little girl in a separate room at night so she could sleep and we could still talk, watch tv etc. The rooms were great. The bathroom was lovely, and the kitchenette was a great addition. There was a stereo in the room too which was useful and we really had the space to be a family. Until night time. Unfortunately there is a vent between the bedroom and sitting area and it's just as if we had the tv playing in her room. So, we still had to whisper!

The second night we of all things ended up putting her in the bathroom because it was quieter!
The pool was unfortunately cold, but we still went in and it was hilarious seeing a 13 month drag herself out the pool and run to the jacuzzi where it was warm! Overall I would recommend this as the location was great, the price brilliant and the facilities very good, but we did need some way to overcome the biggest reason why we booked it in the first place. Oh, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The apartments are great, but apparently there are some that have a balcony too so try one of those
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear LAH_mom,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you liked your room. Especially for families, our spacious One Bedroom Apartments are the perfect place to stay and the fully equipped kitchen allows self-catering when needed. Did you know that you can even rent a toy box from our friendly front office team? We love to accommodate families and try our best to cater all their needs.
We have also noted your comment about the pool temperature the noise of the vent. We have passed it onto the relevant department for review.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
We wish you and your family all the best for 2013 and hope to welcome you soon again!

Kind regards,
Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visit berlin every year around this time. we stayed at the Adina, Checkpoint Charlie, on this occasion.
A really nice place to stay, however, there are a couple of things that realy annoyed my husband and I. The tv has just two english speaking channels, CNN and BBC news...CNN is fine, however BBC news has an unfortunate "blip" it has an interuption in transmission of about a minute, every couple of minutes.That was my husbands bearbug...mine was the internet!! There is no free wi fi if you have an ipad...now its only fair to point out, they took the fact that you cannot save your time on the internet with an ipad. They charged us for the first three hour session..but not for subsequent ones. It's a good destination and we would be happy to reccommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear 774monica,
Thank you for the time you have taken to complete a review of Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie. My team and I appreciate your valuable comments.

I have noted your comments with regard to the english speaking channel, especially BBC. Please be assured that we have taken care of this maintenance issue and that the system provider will fix it this week. The same applies for the Internet - our Internet provider and ourselves are aware of the issue and are currently working on a solution. I am glad to read that my experienced and friendly front office team could offer you a solution during your stay - when running a hotel business, maintenance issues can happen. For me, it is about the way we are dealing with situations like these, as our aim is to deliver a perfect guest experience. And I am happy that you loved all other aspects of your stay!
We really hope to welcome you again in the future!

All the best from the entire Adina-Team and "Merry Christmas",
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here from the 3rd until the 7th of December 2012 and really enjoyed our stay. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was a very generous size and the kitchenette was a plus. One evening we had the pool to ourselves which was a real treat. The bar staff were very attentive and there is a good cocktail/beer/wine choice.
We bought some fruit and yogurt in Lidl nearby and self catered for breakfast. One morning we had coffee and scrambled eggs in Cafe Einstein at the Gendarmenmarkt which was lovely. As the Christmas markets are in full swing in Berlin at the minute , you will never go hungry. One of the best lunches we had was in the Deutsches Historisches Museum on Unter den Linden , I think you could call into the cafe without buying a ticket for the museum however the 1920s exhibition is excellent. The hotel is also close to Fassbender & Rausch Chocolatiers at the Gendarmenmarkt I would recommend shopping here early as it gets busy and no wonder the shop is a chocoholic's dream. Just beside Lidl is a subway for crossing the busy road which saves waiting around for the lights in the cold. We also ate very cheaply at the Irish pub 'the Irish Times' at 56 Leipziger Straße. If you enjoy bookshops be sure to visit Kulturkaufhaus Dussmann on Friedrichstraße 90, it has so much more in addition to an excellent book stock.
A nice touch from the hotel was leaving some Christmas chocolate outside the room one morning. We really loved our time here. Thanks to all who posted before re this hotel on TA, I hope you find this as useful and reassuring as i found your posts, have a great holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear LucieBelfast,
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to read that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that the christmas chocolate in front of your room was such a great success.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us. I will also personally pass on your great feedback to our team members.
The entire team wishes you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Kind regards,
Parainen, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few days in early december 2012. I had read good reviews about this hotel before the trip and this was the main reason why I chose to stay here. And I can honestly say that the hotel lived up to every expectation. Big spacious rooms with modern appliences. The room was clean and nicely decorated.
Location is good, a quiet street in the middle of the city, with a short walk to Checkpoint Charlie and the subway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Kim S,

The Team and I thank you for the time taken and your great review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay with us. It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we have met your expectations!

We would love to welcome you back at Adina Checkpoint Charlie upon your next visit to Berlin.

With best regards from Berlin,
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

2nd stay at Adina CC whch was as excellent as the first time. Professional, freindly staff at check in. Top notch apartment with loads of space. Great bath/shower room with washer & tumble dryer and nice toiletries. Staff & facilities excellent, We made full use of the swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi/gym. Breakfast was plentiful & of good quality with attentitive staff. Happy hour in the hotel bar was an added bonus, again with warm, freindly bar tenders. All in all 5* service at a 3* price. Well done Adina, you've done it again! Can't wait to return in the summer. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Razjam85,

Thank you for you great feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.
It was with great pleasure to read you enjoyed all facets of your stay and especially your comments regarding the great service delivered by the Team. This is a great acknowledgement of the hard work and I am glad that you will return upon your next visit to the hotel!

I will share this review with the Team and we are looking forward to welcome you back in Summer!

All the best and see you soon,
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent two nights at the Adina Hotel Berlin in November/December and I would say that there were positives and negatives in equal measure.

On the plus side, the reception staff were excellent, speedy and attentive, particularly a blonde lady with glasses. Check in and out we're quick, it was no problem to leave luggage in a secure room before our late evening flight and most requests were met with a smile.

The room itself was also very good, having both a bedroom and living area with a little kitchen unit too. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a well stocked minibar and wifi access (the latter costs a fee but it isn't outrageous). However, I did experience a number of difficulties in connecting to the wifi using my mobile devices, particularly the iPad.

It was slightly disappointing that the shower gel/shampoo dispenser in the bathroom was empty throughout our stay, one would think the maids would check this daily. I'm sure it would have been dealt with immediately via a call to reception but we had all our own toiletries anyway so didn't deem it necessary.

Breakfast was a VERY variable experience. On Saturday morning it was extremely busy and only two members of staff appeared to be on duty, a young man and an older one who looked a bit like Donny Osmond! No one greeted us when we arrived or explained what the etiquette was, we weren't shown to a table and when we took our seats it took ten minutes before I could get the attention of a waiter to clear the previous diners plates and cutlery. Having done that, he failed to bring us any new cutlery for ourselves. The older waiter also dropped a spoon on my foot at one point as he was hurrying by. He stopped to retrieve it but didn't apologise which was rather rude. He was also stroppy whenever new guests arrived...not great for someone in his position. The Sunday morning, however, was much improved. We were seen to speedily and the coffee arrived immediately.

The food itself was fine. A good range of cheeses, cold cuts, pastries, cakes and sausage, bacon etc. The coffee is ordered from a waiter and is good quality, not instant stuff.

There is a comfortable lounge area opposite reception and the hotel is nicely decorated. Its location is very decent, just five minutes walk from Stadtmitte station and very near the main shopping thoroughfare.

The hotel swimming pool, sauna and gym were excellent.

I would stay in this hotel again as it's clear from other users comments that it generally delivers on most fronts. Our experience was more mixed but you can see most things are in place for it to be an excellent hotel when everything comes together.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. Feedback like yours is much appreciated as it helps us to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.

I was glad to read that the service from Kristin at Front Office and the other team members was at the high standard you expect from us. I will share this with the Team and I am sure they are very pleased to be mentioned in your review.

Our apartments are modern and fully equipped and they do accommodate short or long stays - I am happy that this assisted in making your stay comfortable with us.

Your feedback regarding the service on Saturday morning is appreciated and has been noted. I was quite surprised to read about this. As you can see from previous TripAdvisor reviews we normally get praised for the great level of customer service. I do apologize that this was not your experience at the hotel. I addressed all points immediately with the respective Team member involved and the F&B Manager.

Please accept my apologies again but we do hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and to deliver the customer service we normally pride ourselves for. You can contact me directly at the hotel and I will make every effort to ensure your next stay with us is memorable.

We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

With best regards from Berlin,

Claudia Anderle

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie? Share your experiences!