“not your typical hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Inn-Berlin
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Prinzenallee 49, 13359 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #66 of 336 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Lille, France
“not your typical hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've been to a couple oh hostels all around Europe and thus my expectations are never very high.. but Inn-Berlin case everything was different from what I've known:

The owner Mr Ralph was exceptionally kind and helpful, a true gentleman. As soon as we told him that it was our first time in Berlin, he made sure that we knew all the useful info for transportation and sightseeing. I might say he was one of the best tourist guides I ever had and he wasn't even a tourist guide!

The hostel was very spacious, tidy and very clean with big comfortable beds. The common place was very big and inviting to meet new people. The kitchen was fully equipped and one of the cleanest I've seen in any hostel. Free wifi was also a bonus

Thanks to Mr Ralph who made our staying a lovely experience! I would definitely like to come back to this hostel, and of course to the wonderful Berlin, a city that you the more you stay, the more you love it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
FInland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a wonderful 5 nights stay at Inn-Berlin. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The owner is most certainly one of the kindest and helpful Inn-keeper I have met. The information package on Berlin that he gave to us on arrival was priceless. Every tour, shop, restaurant and special place he recommended was excellent. This place definitely receives 5/5 from me and my girlfriend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights when we arrived in Berlin. As others have mentioned, it's some distance to the main attractions, but well connected by 2 nearby U-bahn stations that are about a 10 minute walk each. We primarily used Osloerstrasse, but later discovered that Pankstrasse is a more convenient station. We had a twin room with private bathroom and it was cozy but very adequate. Really comfy beds! The kitchen was good for doing our own cooking, but got busy at nights because of a group that was staying the same weekend. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Quite far out of the center but the public transport system is so regular and efficient that it wasnt a problem for us. Very large room for 7 of us with a sofa, table and chairs. Very clean with a large kitchen and dining area, many shops very near to the hostel. Really friendly and usefull staff that helped us out a lot. Free coffee, juice and use of the computers was lovely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
south east
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

From the moment all 10 of us youths arrived at Inn Berlin we were met with smiles and jokes from the all the staff and guests. they made everyone feel welcome and comfortable by showing us to our dorms and supplying everyone with a map. They explained and marked down all the key points and interesting places to see whilst in Berlin as well as asking us what areas we could find the music we wanted and the best clubs (This map became our lifeline).

As can be imagined with so many of us we were perhaps not the best of guests i guess! we made quite a lot of noise and left a fair lot of mess, we were still always met with smiles, kind gestures and even given a departing gift at the end of our stay which we were all very grateful for.

It is a combination of all these things that contributed to my 5 circle rating!! i know i will always have somewhere to stay in Berlin and i will be back!

A big THANK YOU to all the staff that played a part in making out stay a fantastic one :)
x

Room Tip: rooms on road side can get noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Had a great stay at INN-BERLIN last weekend with two friends! We loved how clean and spacious everything was, and were pleasantly surprised with the free coffee and other goodies. We booked beds in a female dorm, but it ended up being just the 3 of us in a room which was relaly nice. Upon arrival, Ralph gave us a map and a very helpful description of the city. We were there for just two days, and therefore didn't spend much time in the hostel because we were out exploring. However, when we were there we felt right at home. Although it was a short visit, I had an awesome time in Berlin and hope to be back soon... and when I do return, you can expect me to stay at INN-BERLIN!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Exceptionally clean and tidy even though there is a kitchen for guests to use - dishes were always done and the place always smelled of fresh cooking! There was complimentary tea, coffee, milk and orange juice for guests as well as fruit which was great. Great atmosphere with a diverse mix of people from young travellers to families. The rooms are really cool - including having my own bathroom and shower and a TV - and are decorated by a local artist which makes them very homely. Always had a good nights sleep, in fact I struggled to get up in the morning! Breakfast was excellent and very good value for money. The staff were so lovely - Maya and Ralph especially made my stay really enjoyable - very helpful and personable and chatty, giving me advice on things to do and see while in Berlin and just generally chatting - which was really nice seeing as I was travelling alone.

The hostel is a little out of the centre of Berlin - however, this isn't necassarily a negative. I was in very close distance to main S + U Bahn stations - Pankow, Pankstrasse and Wollankstrasse, and also the buses here are very regular - every five minutes or so. It was a nice quiet area where I felt safe. It's in a mainly residential area and there are supermarkets and bakeries and bars and restuarants the entire way down the street. It's not a tourist spot at all which I think is also nice.

Lovely place to stay if you're ever in Berlin, and I would definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inn-Berlin? Share your experiences!