“Value for money restaurant. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SAIGON and more...

SAIGON and more...
Geisbergstrasse 12 | Ecke Ansbacher Strasse, 10777 Berlin, Germany (Schöneberg)
+49 30 23626090
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 5,980 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Schöneberg
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Value for money restaurant. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went here because of the good reviews. Food was ok, but with another Berlin tripadvisor-top-25-Vietnamese-restaurant in fresh memory we were a little disappointed. Presentations were not as nice, the food less vibrant, herbs less generous, the interior needing a little freshening up. The classic pho, in particular was not what I expected from a Vietnamese restaurant with this rank. We dined two people for 43 euros including wines and soft drinks and a number of good dishes which makes it a quite good value for money restaurant.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
“Poor service - okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my girlfriend tried a new cuisine because we are always open for a new experience.
We had some vegetarian noodles and to my taste they were not something special but as I do not know the cuisine I can not judge it perfectly.
It was really full when we arrived and we had to wait till somebody came to receive us even though a lot of waitors and waitresses were passing by. I actually felt ignored but I said never mind they have a lot to do.
Afterwards the owner talked with us and was very nice but after some time he was a bit annoying because I went out with my girlfriend to spend time with her and not with the owner of this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Incredible Meal--did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We ate here with our kids the other night. The owner moved us partway through appetizers away from the (chilly) door--so kind! The food was incredible--everything so fresh and good. We started with a soup and three entrees but kept ordering more food because everyone liked there food so much and kept trying each others and wanted more and more. The owner was incredibly kind to our young children--which is so nice for a family that is traveling. I would go there again in a heartbeat--in fact I was bummed we couldn't go back the next night!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Germany
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I all way this place is very good. Good prices as well. I recomend it for sure. One of the best choice in Berlin

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Saigon and much more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Back in November I visited this restaurant with colleagues for lunch . We arrived just after 12 on a Saturday just as it opened and were welcomed and seated promptly. and offered the drinks menu. Within 15 minutes there was barely a table free with most being taken by Locals. The owner came over and introduced himself and talked us through the menu, which was very helpful , everything is cooked to order .

We had a great meal .at a very reasonable price and well worth the effort of tracking the location down. I would suggest that for weekends and evenings that booking is advisable.

• Visited November 2013