“Awesome Vietnamese food, watch out for the rogue fruit juice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SAIGON and more...

SAIGON and more...
Geisbergstrasse 12 | Ecke Ansbacher Strasse, 10777 Berlin, Germany (Schöneberg)
030 - 23 62 60 90
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #10 of 5,480 restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Schöneberg
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Awesome Vietnamese food, watch out for the rogue fruit juice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Came here on our first night in Berlin as we were staying nearby and the reviews on TA tempted us - we were NOT disappointed. We managed to get a table and the very friendly owner took our order, I ordered the duck rice curry and my boyfriend the fruit rice curry. I also ordered a mango juice, but what turned up was not mango juice - resulting in a confusing Germglish conversation with the waitress until I was reliably informed by a local on the next table that the owner gets everyone to try the specialty "Ertugrul juice" so I'd been sent that instead of mango, luckily it was yummy and I ended up ordering a second later! The owner also knew exactly what was in the dishes so could answer my allergy related questions. The food... the food was amazing, full of big Asian flavour and even several weeks on I'm still sad I can't just pop back there for dinner. Both my boyfriend and I thought our own meals were fantastic but also could have happily eaten each other's dinner as well both dishes were so good. All in all a great meal and would hurry back there myself and recommend anyone else to do the same.

• Visited May 2013

92% Recommend
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good food worth visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is our first restaurant that met expectation from high TA's rating. This place totally worth visiting even if your place of stay is in completely different part of Berlin, as it was in our case.
We started with starter platter and it really amazed us. We also got some advice on how to eat it from the waiter and owner at the same time. Lots of different and new to us flavors.
As a main I had pho. It was my first experience with it. Although the broth in it was bland but overall it was good.
Prices are more then reasonable for such place.
Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“YUM YUM YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Came across this place on Trip Advisor as it was near our hotel. So glad we went as their food was fantastic. Great personal service, amazing food! Our only problem was that we ran out of time to go back to this place again again and again

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“great food, cheap price, clumsy service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

went there two nights, resturant was packed and so was the outside.
waitor/owner quick and friendly made us a table. had to wait for the menues, orders was taken (a bit too)quickly, great starters delivered before even drinks or cutlery. had our mains served in a maximum 10min after finishing starters. a bit hard to get topups on drinks, noone asking how we liked the food.

owner like talking without really having something to say, hugging, shaking hands. a bit strange, but ok.

after all a good experience, food was nice and fresh, service was partly quick, always friendly, but a bit up and down.
strongly recommended, went back, would go back next time in berlin too :)

• Visited July 2012
Sweden
“Brilliant restaurant in Schöneberg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

we were lucky and went there a warm summer evening and sat outside and had dinner. The location is on a resedential street and you have the feelin that they just put out a few table on the pavement, which gives a real good feeling. Service and food excellent. very reasonable prices. Highly recommended

• Visited June 2013